Damsel with mid morning snack

Name
Jan
Edit My Images
No
Had a little wander around Greylake this morning to see what was about. Lots of dragons and damsels, some butterflies including the peacocks that nearly landed on my ear, all very active because it was a bit warm, but I've not been able to get there for a few weeks. But a few did pose including this blue tailed damsel. First time I've photographed a blue tailed and the first time I've caught either damsel or dragon eating, so it was worth it. I don't know what the snack was - hopefully the fly that had bitten me a few minutes earlier.................

full

@Jannyfox

Hi Jan

Is there supposed to be a picture or two 'here'.....................if so summat went wrong ;)

I can see it (y)
Hmmmm!

On Chrome not even a place holder???

On IE11 there is a very odd placeholder like a B&W no though sign

One Edge, as per Chrome

Very odd that "I" cannot see it???

On other threads I can see Flicke embedded images and recently saw those where TPers had used the TP media gallery linked images........................so why not this one???

Edit ~ I have looked for others posted by Jan and some are like this and others the embedded images show just fine!

Last edited:
I'm on Chrome and all's okay here (obviously), but I do remember there having been an issue before. Can't remember if it was just my image or if others were affected too.
It's hosted on the TP gallery, not on Flickr, if that's any help in sorting it out. I can't check which images show and which don't. Maybe the problem is with the gallery? @Box Brownie can you see the images in my Hawk Conservancy thread (in Captive, Domestic etc)? They're from the gallery too.

It's hosted on the TP gallery,
I haff way's of finding these things out ;)
:D
Its OK I did mention that fact in my "bug report" (y)

On Edge here and nowt showing.

Nowt here on Chrome as well.

can you see the images in my Hawk Conservancy thread (in Captive, Domestic etc)? They're from the gallery too.

Not sure if BB can but I can (in Edge).

Just the placeholder for me in here and the july bug thread, firefox.

Just the placeholder for me in here and the july bug thread, firefox.

Interesting. Thank you
@Cobra I don't know if this is significant but when the gallery s/w changed 3 of my 4 albums were duplicated, except 2 of them didn't have duplicate contents. The maybug is in my 'Default' album. So are the images from the hawk place, but different 'Default' albums. The maybug and the damsel are in the same one. I don't know if the links get in a twist.

I'm on Chrome and all's okay here (obviously), but I do remember there having been an issue before. Can't remember if it was just my image or if others were affected too.
It's hosted on the TP gallery, not on Flickr, if that's any help in sorting it out. I can't check which images show and which don't. Maybe the problem is with the gallery? @Box Brownie can you see the images in my Hawk Conservancy thread (in Captive, Domestic etc)? They're from the gallery too.

I can see the Hawk Conservancy set :)

What about my maybug ('July bug' in Macro)?

But no sign of July Bug :(

Hopefully @Marcel can suss out the issue and we can all see 'all' images posted :woot:

Interesting. Thank you
@Cobra I don't know if this is significant but when the gallery s/w changed 3 of my 4 albums were duplicated, except 2 of them didn't have duplicate contents. The maybug is in my 'Default' album. So are the images from the hawk place, but different 'Default' albums. The maybug and the damsel are in the same one. I don't know if the links get in a twist.
That's odd, I can see the images in gallery on FF plus I can see the Hawk conservancy thread with FF.
Just not the damsel in thread with FF all is good on Opera though.

@Cobra @Marcel
Okay, I think I've sorted it. It's to do with album permissions. When I looked back at the last time I had this problem, the viewing permissions on some albums had been set to 'owner only'. Nothing to do with me - I didn't even know that was there. So I made sure all the albums were viewable by everyone. Just looked and like magic 2 albums were set at owner only. I haven't touched anything.....................!!!!!

@Cobra @Marcel
Okay, I think I've sorted it. It's to do with album permissions. When I looked back at the last time I had this problem, the viewing permissions on some albums had been set to 'owner only'. Nothing to do with me - I didn't even know that was there. So I made sure all the albums were viewable by everyone. Just looked and like magic 2 albums were set at owner only. I haven't touched anything.....................!!!!!

I spy Damselfly :)

A bit of as usual "the devil's in the details..." glad you managed to sort it out :)

Okay, I think I've sorted it.
I'm glad you are sorted, and I can see it on FF now too (y)
But the fact that I could see it on Opera and not FF before is still a bit odd.
I'll chase Marcel, just in case its a bug :)
( no pun intended :D )

Sorry for the delay, I've been on looong days at work so I've not been around this week.
Glad you're sorted, and I can see the image now fine :)

I'll take a look at the default permissions in the galleries when I get back off holiday in about 11 days :)

Nice find Jan especially with food,glad you are sorted .I like your framing !!

Cool little image actually, the perch the bit of veggie and the clean bkg work well with the damsel

nice one!! how are ya getting on with the new body Jan ??

stu

Nice find Jan especially with food,glad you are sorted .I like your framing !!

Cool little image actually, the perch the bit of veggie and the clean bkg work well with the damsel

nice one!! how are ya getting on with the new body Jan ??

stu

The new body's great - just wish I could have a new body, not just a new camera body..................
Seriously, it may still count as fairly entry level but I'm getting shots with it I wouldn't have got with the old one. Even using centre point af it seems a lot more sensitive, less likely to lose focus, and the difference in fps is like day and night. It's excellent paired with the Sigma 105 macro. I've yet to try it with the 150-600 but I'm sure it'll be just as good. I'm waiting till the forecast heat wave is past before going up to Slimbridge. I don't do heat, especially not a 150 mile round trip in a lwb Defender that's a bit like driving a greenhouse, but worse. The old 550 is now a dedicated landscape body.

ha ha you and me both jan and I'm so lucky with mine (body) it's untrue but OMG I hear you :)
Jan you know my history 550d to 1div to 1dxii,each and every step brings a new nuance to what each of us can achieve, I so understand your post. I'll always be in awe of my 550d jan it's with my boy now but wow what a camera. Sadly at times. It just can't give me those milli seconds I sometimes need,even if that's just to make up for my failings. I think that's what your are seeing

There is always the law of deminishing returns with camera bodies.......... that said spilts of a second are sometimes everything in wildlife. I'm stoked for ya mate:cool: I probably don't sorry janny best rephrase that :LOL:............ I can't possibly get the best out of the gear I own, But I so understand how that little bit one didn't have yesterday and suddenly has now can effect what each of us is capable of .

Ahh mate , my new camper is hot, green house on wheels .... yes I know that You need to somehow embrace ham wall,( I know it's not terribly you, I listen:)).... hit it at dawn now tor view hide,forget the world for a couple of hours go home as it warms,I adore slimbridge but mad heat and long journey's I've got my t shirt this week no thanks There will be something to shoot there with siggy and it's so much easier for you than slimbridge.

I didn't convince you did I Jan:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

ahh well:)

I didn't convince you did I Jan:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

No :LOL: - just can't bring myself to like Ham Wall. I find it boring, like the rest of the 'moors' - walk for miles and the view doesn't change, and I feel uncomfortable being so low down, and they keep closing the road up from my direction, and getting back out onto the A39 with a long nosed vehicle is really taking your life in your hands, and....................... I'll leave Slimbridge thinking 'where did the day go'. Fifteen minutes at Ham Wall and I just want to be somewhere else. Strange but true.
I love Greylake, not for the birds but for the insects in summer.

LMAO I knew already I'd lost while writing. :D You have the best time at slimbridge;) We are all different Jan you must go where you are happy,it might sound a bit wishy washy ,but I actually feel we make better images when at places where we feel as one with nature. This lark isn't just about making an image it feeds our souls as well. I completely understand you even though it might be hard to share that with rational words.

Incidentally back to topic we know a few pools in the Dean Jan I was really amazed by the damsels,such a huge variation but there seemed to be pockets of different species doing well at differing ponds.it was bewildering,all the ponds looked the same to me eyes . I've no idea on any of their names but fascinated by what we saw!! There seem to be so many species so many colours.

LMAO I knew already I'd lost while writing. :D You have the best time at slimbridge;) We are all different Jan you must go where you are happy,it might sound a bit wishy washy ,but I actually feel we make better images when at places where we feel as one with nature. This lark isn't just about making an image it feeds our souls as well. I completely understand you even though it might be hard to share that with rational words.

Incidentally back to topic we know a few pools in the Dean Jan I was really amazed by the damsels,such a huge variation but there seemed to be pockets of different species doing well at differing ponds.it was bewildering,all the ponds looked the same to me eyes . I've no idea on any of their names but fascinated by what we saw!! There seem to be so many species so many colours.

You know that thing they call 'mindfulness' - classes people pay a small fortune (to me anyway) to go to? I may have the wrong end of the stick about it but it seems to me some of us have been practicing it quite naturally all our lives without even realising it was a 'thing'. Slimbridge and Dartmoor (the latter always alone) are my go to places. The photos are just incidental.
Dragon and damsel ID - have you looked at british-dragonflies.org?

Yes I do( ha ha well ok sort of):) , although I'm only aware of mindfulness because of a freak one off purchase of a mag and there being an article in it with that title. Otherwise I'd be scratching me 'ead and yup I think you may well be right some of us are probably just doing and have always been doing it.

Jan there is a side to me I don't really want to dwell on mentally, as I say tricky to put into words without sounding silly. .... that little voice that tellsme to go miles out of my way cause there will be a deer or whatever at the spot,if I just follow my gut instincts is I suppose part of it. Subliminal stuff we need to latch on to and trust but not interfere with

Simply I think folks now talk about such things because the vast majority are so far removed from the natural world we have lost something of what we should be. We want to analyse what should be accepted/maybe better put instinctive.

Probably Jan but cheers on the ID site. Probably because we dug fairly heavily for a couple of chaser ID's recently,but I haven't a clue where we went on the web for those ID's:D

I'd probably be making more pics of dragons etc if I had more time,at the mo I get so much from the mammal photography I tend to focus on them

Jan there is a side to me I don't really want to dwell on mentally, as I say tricky to put into words without sounding silly. .... that little voice that tellsme to go miles out of my way cause there will be a deer or whatever at the spot,if I just follow my gut instincts is I suppose part of it. Subliminal stuff we need to latch on to and trust but not interfere with

I understand perfectly

Back