Dance Photos

Name
Andy
Edit My Images
Yes
I love receiving harsh CC and I always receive that here but it always makes me hungry to improve for next time. Please give me that on these. I'm pretty happy with them but I need to know where I can improve.

This was a nice afternoon session in Edinburgh. With constant lighting changes, it was a challenge but my model was fair great.

48416915936_b8b26a7347_b.jpg

48417073697_53e85b5bb6_b.jpg

48417075687_5205ae5249_b.jpg

48417080032_1a371f38d6_b.jpg

48417081672_e9efbda566_b.jpg

48417083102_3e8ff9b8a9_b.jpg

"Excellent" set of images, liking all of these very much.

George.

Nice pictures with some good lines in them. I'd have put a bit more space to the left of the model than the right on number 3 so it looks like she is moving into a space. Similarly with number 2 in the opposite sides. More experienced photographers may disagree.

Number 2 has the model making some interesting effects to my eyes. It is perfectly straight but she makes the background look slightly up on the left hand side. That is a nice optical illusion that could be fun to play with.

Somebody mention background?? Superbly captured (and attractive) model, lighting spot on - couldn't complain about the setting.

oo.. they’re lovely. I shoot dancers a fair bit but not often on location.

I think.. you could do even better by paying more attention to how your subject interacts with the background and light. The backgrounds are busy but I actually like that. A small change in angle would improve some of them no end.

To get all picky…

1. If the dancer appeared in front of the pale building rather than the dark foliage it’d be superb. As it is it’s nearly superb.

2. The cushion & sign are a problem. You could have shot this from further round to the right to hide them

3. That sign… move her over to the left

4. Move her away & to the right a bit, lose the garage door.

5. Lovely, but it feels a little like 2 pictures in one. Maybe if you’d framed a little more to the right?

6. Slightly odd expression, not enough light in the eyes.

Circus Lane is a great spot for all types of images and well chosen for this model.

1 Probably my fav but as said the dancer would be better on the right thirds frame against the lighter buildings. Tonally that would work better but it would also give her room to her left and make the composition better imo
2 Very harsh light in this and I would add the two spot lights above her head as distractions. It looks like you pulled the highlights and I don't think the composition is great in this one with too many competing elements
3 Similar to No 2 but with softer light. The Lane with that open space is where I would want to shoot not cramped up against the background, unless that workplace is significant to the image.
4 I liked this one too. Those drain covers are a pain and you may have been able to find a better spot but not easy. I'd lose the door off the left edge. Love the pose of the dancer and I liked the contrasty light. Might make a good mono
5 Another where the idea is good but I think there is too much going on. The image is the delicate pose with the delicate flowers and I would keep the image to that and frame tighter.
6 Dark eyes and quite a cramped composition. It looks like she is on her way to a lovely smile but not quite there.

I have been harsh but it is because I think you chose a really good location for the dancer but the light was very tricky and I think you could have done a little better with the compositions. That being said I bet she loved them and there is something nice when you look at the images as a set. Hope that wasn't too harsh and keep shooting as there is bags of potential here.

Lovely set, really like these.

My only crit would have been to to use a wider aperture to knock out the background a bit more, but none the less still good shots, well done.

nothing wrong with these shot in my opinion

i agree...
its a basketful to take in but the quality is great!
less distraction from the surroundings perhaps....smaller aperture or longer lens?
cheers
geof

Thanks a lot for all your responses. To those with lots of crit, I really appreciate it. All I ever want to do is improve, so whilst I understand that the images are not rank rotten, it's nice to hear where improvement could be made. Cheers!

P's on earth

what model is that

Back