Yes
A candid shot of one of the girl dancers at the Calgary Stampede, Canada, 2016

csgirl2.jpg

She obviously knew you were there!

May I suggest to pull up the darker skin
tones on her face and arm — that are in
the shade— through an adjustment layer?

csgirl2pp.jpg

Whats up with the silver stuff on the side of her face? Its a nice naturally lit image but whatever is red to her left is very distracting, though I do understand you dont have any control over what is in the background, it may have been worth asking her to move slightly or for you to have moved to a position where the background was not so cluttered. Love the eyes too.

Whats up with the silver stuff on the side of her face? Its a nice naturally lit image but whatever is red to her left is very distracting, though I do understand you dont have any control over what is in the background, it may have been worth asking her to move slightly or for you to have moved to a position where the background was not so cluttered. Love the eyes too.

The silver stuff is part of her dance troupe makeup. I couldn't do much about the background because this dancer was just one of a group of about 8 dancers who were twirling red and black Calgary Stampede flags around. The movement of the troupe was quite rapid and I had to use a fast shutter speed of 1/1600 in order to freeze her pirouette. I couldn't therefore ask her to move to a better position, but was lucky enough to capture her just as she was head on to me. I took a number of photos on continuous shooting mode but the others were rubbish!!

She obviously knew you were there!

May I suggest to pull up the darker skin
tones on her face and arm — that are in
the shade— through an adjustment layer?

csgirl2pp.jpg
Thanks for the suggestion Kodiak, I agree that the darker skin tones would benefit from lightning a little. Your version looks a little over-sharpened to me though, so I've had another go and tried to make the changes slightly more subtle:

csgirl3.jpg

Back