Dancing Grey Heron

Name
'Gramps'
Edit My Images
No
Miserable day today with heavy mist limiting views almost everywhere and the birds seemed to have more sense than me as they stayed mainly hidden away.
Very little to get excited about but just after I decided to leave and had packed the kit away I noticed a Grey Heron enter the water across the other side of the lake ... it seemed more active than usual, playing with a bit of stick, so I got the kit back out to see what happened.
After seeing Gary's ( @Rubber Soul ) photos of a dancing Grey Heron I was surprised to then see this Grey Heron start to dance around in the water ... must be 'silly season' for Herons. :D

Nikon D700 + 500 f4 VR + TC-17 EII

The Dancing Grey Heron
by Roger, on Flickr

The Dancing Grey Heron
by Roger, on Flickr

The Dancing Grey Heron
by Roger, on Flickr

The Dancing Grey Heron
by Roger, on Flickr

The Dancing Grey Heron
by Roger, on Flickr

I got plenty of dancing Herons but never
with that very fashionable toupee! (y)(y)

It is rather splendid isn't it

Yes Sir… I only observed and captured the hair
style when it was harassed by Gulls!

A good fun set with a really nice set of poses. WB looks quite warm, cooling it down would improve things nicely

Mike

Thanks Mike, yes I think you are right, I'll have another look at them ... since going back to CS6 24 hours ago Photoshop has been doing some weird things with colours when making changes like crops, noise reduction and the like, sometimes even going black. Think I'm going to have to get under the bonnet! :)

Thanks Mike, yes I think you are right, I'll have another look at them ... since going back to CS6 24 hours ago Photoshop has been doing some weird things with colours when making changes like crops, noise reduction and the like, sometimes even going black. Think I'm going to have to get under the bonnet! :)

Uuurrggghh, not fun!

I don't know how you like your setup, but I shoot everything in RGB, and keep it in that colour space right until I save for web when I go to sRGB.

Thats the best info I got given and it works for me, but it seems to be another of those subjects where everyone has a differing opinion. I'm certainly no expert - the best of British!

Mike

Uuurrggghh, not fun!

I don't know how you like your setup, but I shoot everything in RGB, and keep it in that colour space right until I save for web when I go to sRGB.

Thats the best info I got given and it works for me, but it seems to be another of those subjects where everyone has a differing opinion. I'm certainly no expert - the best of British!

Mike
Thanks, it was working fine before I went to CC and CC worked fine so I'm pretty sure it's not a computer problem, just a setting in Photoshop ... somewhere! :(

Adobes revenge :shifty: :cautious:
Thankfully Google to the rescue ... in case anyone else gets the black work space or flickering colours it maybe your graphics settings.
For me it was go to the NVIDIA Control Panel and change 3D Settings for Photoshop from 'Integrated Graphics' to 'High Performance NVIDIA Graphics' ... sorted! :D

Excellent,Roger. I'm surprised you were out, dreadful light..very murky,a very low cloud base but you were rewarded. I'd have been concerned about ISO but your camera has coped well with that. Was that at The Levels ?

Excellent,Roger. I'm surprised you were out, dreadful light..very murky,a very low cloud base but you were rewarded. I'd have been concerned about ISO but your camera has coped well with that. Was that at The Levels ?
Morning John, yes I had not been out for a week as I had a stinking cold/cough so needed a blow of air! :D
This was from the Rushy Hide at Slimbridge, far left corner of the lake ... the only highlight of the morning really :)

Great set Roger (y)
No idea why, but #3 made me chuckle somewhat :D

Great set Roger (y)
No idea why, but #3 made me chuckle somewhat :D

Thanks Chris ... no other birds were offended during the performance and I assume he got some applause as he took a bow at the end. :D

Bow.jpg

Morning John, yes I had not been out for a week as I had a stinking cold/cough so needed a blow of air! :D
This was from the Rushy Hide at Slimbridge, far left corner of the lake ... the only highlight of the morning really :)

Wow. That's quite a distance. I saw it, maybe the same one, last Friday but I didn't even point the lens at it let alone expect to get a shot. It should be put forward for Strictly..Lol.

Sorry to hear about the cold/cough. Trust it's all cleared up now.

Just been uploading LR6 and took a photo with the 7D11 and it worked fine (i.e.. getting it in to LR6..it wouldn't go into LR4) so I now have an extra 168mm. Got the new bean bag now (empty) and went down town this morning to get some foam filling. It's excellent.

http://www.wexphotographic.com/lens...TYn9zggZ3zvzNiQmCrMC_6y9yWT9b3jEaAv12EALw_wcB

Last edited:
Wow. That's quite a distance. I saw it, maybe the same one, last Friday but I didn't even point the lens at it let alone expect to get a shot.

Sorry to hear about the cold/cough. Trust it's all cleared up now.

Just been uploading LR6 and took a photo with the 7D11 and it worked fine (i.e.. getting it in to LR6..it wouldn't go into LR4) so I now have an extra 168mm. Got the new bean bag now (empty) and went down town this morning to get some foam filling. It's excellent.

http://www.wexphotographic.com/lens...TYn9zggZ3zvzNiQmCrMC_6y9yWT9b3jEaAv12EALw_wcB
Beanbag is a good move :)

lovely set mate agree on the warmth but that is now in hand

lovely to see

stu

Back