Dancing Queen

— Possibly a flash that went on from the right
and, by chance, was in sync with your shutter.

Chance is an element not to ignore in any ac-
tivity… sometimes good, sometimes bad. Here,
chance —if it was— granted you a great shot.

Chance won't roll over anyone to force itself in,
one must invite it somehow… by doing the right
thing… at the right place… and at the right time.

I love your shot, Dan!

— Possibly a flash that went on from the right
and, by chance, was in sync with your shutter.

Chance is an element not to ignore in any ac-
tivity… sometimes good, sometimes bad. Here,
chance —if it was— granted you a great shot.

Chance won't roll over anyone to force itself in,
one must invite it somehow… by doing the right
thing… at the right place… and at the right time.

I love your shot, Dan!

The right hand light is from a large love sign at the edge of the dance floor :)

I went over to take the shot because I saw the backlight produced by a couple of mobile phone lights - which went down to one in the few strides it took me to get there!

The chance element was getting a good pose as she span and span, and that the shutter speed was right to capture movement and clarity.

I saw the backlight produced by a couple of mobile phone lights

Then, even better for you!

Mobile phones are, as you observe, a "better" chance
as they have a much longer duration than flash pops
and so the love sign.

Then, even better for you!

Mobile phones are, as you observe, a "better" chance
as they have a much longer duration than flash pops
and so the love sign.

:) he had it on light mode, probably was video-ing - so much longer duration ;)

I once spent a month or so logging all the great shots I missed, and why. Sometimes it was because I had the wrong lens on the camera and no time to change it. Sometimes it was because I didn't even own the right lens, let alone have it in my bag. But ot my surprise the biggest factor of all wasn't that I didn't have the right gear with me at the time, it was simply that when presented with a brief unexpected opportunity it took me too long to get my act together. Too long to get the camera out of the bag. Or too long to change the lens. Or too long being baffled by the camera's weird behaviour because I'd left it with the unusual settings used for the last shot I took which might have been ten minutes ago, or a week ago.

As a result of that experiment instead of the new lens I'd been expecting to spend some money on, I spent it on a quick lens changing bag and a quick access comfortable safe camera sling, plus I tried to teach myself some better camera settings practice, such as always leave the camera with the best settings for the most likely kind of unexpected shot, because there's always plenty of time to set up the proper settings for the planned carefully composed shots I'm intending to get, and am prowling round the subject looking for angles etc.. I spent a lot less money than I'd expected to, and increased my keeper rate a lot more than any new lens (or indeed new camera body) would have done.

That an awesome photo mate. I would be proud to have that on my camera.:)

"Cracking" shot Sir, nuff said.(y)

George.

Love the way that she's in her world, while the grownups are largely unaware of the magic in her realm :)

They're all there together, but not.

Very well observed and captured Dan!

Well seen and beautifully captured Dan[emoji1474]sharp where it needs to be and enough motion blur to make the shot. Great stuff

Back