Critique Dancing speaker paint, more added.

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
Yes
Was good fun and the variations of stuff you can create with different colours and the viscosity of the paint is endless. It was a nightmare though. Each colour combination would only last for 1second before the vibrations mixed them all together and made them turn brown. I had to keep the tone generator running and just blast the volume each time I wanted to take the shot. I found the best frequency to be between 19-24hz for the best height.

I got loads more but I'll only upload a few. The rest can be seen on my Flickr. All as they came out the camera, just a quick tweak to the raw files.

Thanks for looking and any CC appreciated. I think I need to work on my lighting a bit better. I was working in a tight space and I kept kicking everything so every shot it ended up different.

IMG_6061 by Peanut651, on Flickr

IMG_6121 by Peanut651, on Flickr

IMG_6126 by Peanut651, on Flickr

Last edited:
This is only my amateurish thoughts, but as excellent as all three are, they seem a little dark to me. Especially the blues on the black background.

This is only my amateurish thoughts, but as excellent as all three are, they seem a little dark to me. Especially the blues on the black background.
Cheers. I think that's mainly down to the colour of the paint because if you look at the yellow it is quite bright. I'm going to have another try and mix the darker colours with a bit of white this time.

Back