weekly Daniel_Paul's 2018 52'er - Week Twelve Juxtaposition ADDED

Like above I prefer the first one not only because they are closer but also they are both wearing hats similar to the mureal.

Nice shot.

Last edited:
First one for me Daniel I prefer the 2 poeple being in front of the 2 bollards and you can see more of their faces.

Really like the inclusion of the mureal, the B&W conversion works really well too

Yeah I think the second set of people actually clocked me and put their heads down as they were walking past in the end! Thanks for the feedback!

Like above I prefer the first one not only because they are closer but also they are both wearing hats similar to the mureal.

Nice shot.

Cheers Tom! It's what I was waiting for to be honest, at least someone with a hat and then two people came along at once!

Nice. Number 1 for me. Like the 2 sets of 2 people in front if the bollards. And the fact that it looks luke they are all wearing hats too.

Thanks Ross!

Clever use of the 2 couples in each Photo, the B&W makes it of the age of Street Photography.

2nd Photo, shame about the chap looking down.

Pete

First for me too although the people on the right are a tad too close to the edge for me, it's perhaps a shame the guy's face is bit lost in the second

Very nice timing Daniel, liking the first one myself, the B&W pulls the two halves together nicely and cool to see the mural and side street captured like that, nice find (y)

<EDIT> Loved the youtube video too, not that I get on there much but have subscribed :)

Last edited:
Clever use of the 2 couples in each Photo, the B&W makes it of the age of Street Photography.

2nd Photo, shame about the chap looking down.

Pete

I know, it may have worked if he was looking up a bit but I think the two women probably do work better!

First for me too although the people on the right are a tad too close to the edge for me, it's perhaps a shame the guy's face is bit lost in the second

Yeah I would have liked to have had them a bit closer to be honest but hey ho!

The first for me, really like the concept to it.

Thank you!

First for me also Daniel, I refer the b+w conversion this one with the blacks being more contrasty. The inclusion of the memorial and the 2 people together really make it work quite well.

Yeah looking at the colours and the sort of day it was I kind of felt it had to be Black and White too!

#2 for me. I prefer the people sharp and the mural soft rather tan the other way around.
No good reason for that, just a preference.

Thanks!

Very nice timing Daniel, liking the first one myself, the B&W pulls the two halves together nicely and cool to see the mural and side street captured like that, nice find (y)

<EDIT> Loved the youtube video too, not that I get on there much but have subscribed :)

Thank you that's great to hear, wasn't much of a video this week but hopefully I will carry it on and get better at it!

The first one for me too, I really like it, though a shame the mural is not in focus too.

Last edited:
Well captured and I really like the first one.

Thanks Lee!

The first one for me too, I really like it, though a shame the mural is not in focus too.

Yeah I wasn't sure whether to go for it focused or not to be honest, I thought if it's focused it kind of takes away from the two ladies walking by which was the main focus but I do get what you mean. I should have tried one with both!

1st shot for me too Daniel, like that you made sure to get the people on the right walking in to view and the graffiti makes it a better shot too and in mono (y)(y)

Thanks Dave!

That's a brilliant concept. Love that

Cheers Ian!

Hi Daniel, first one for me, composition works really well, particularly in the b&w, well thought out for the theme, looking forward to following your 52’s.

Thanks Susie!

First of the two shot is this weeks winner for me, brilliantly exceuted and clevrerly spotted, love it !

#1 is a winner! Well composed with the (real) people only just in the frame!

:agree: ... #1

A well known bit of street art, liking to see the stencil again in this setting. (y)

Nice set of images for Stark Daniel

Love the muted colours fo the first one and the reflection of the sky in the still water at the base of the image. THe 2nd version in B&W is more strack simply because of the cinversion it works very well.

A nice and original idea for your 3rd image love the detail in what is a very simple image.

Love the use of DoF to focus your attention on the wording on the coaster in the 4th image

I finf myself like No3 the most becuase it's different.

Not sure if you know but when you click on the links to flickr it says the photos are set as private

Nice set of images for Stark Daniel

Love the muted colours fo the first one and the reflection of the sky in the still water at the base of the image. THe 2nd version in B&W is more strack simply because of the cinversion it works very well.

A nice and original idea for your 3rd image love the detail in what is a very simple image.

Love the use of DoF to focus your attention on the wording on the coaster in the 4th image

I finf myself like No3 the most becuase it's different.

Not sure if you know but when you click on the links to flickr it says the photos are set as private

Thanks for the feedback Mark! The more I look at the rain drops the more I like it as I feel it fits the theme well.

Thanks for the heads up on the images, all sorted hopefully!

I find your first photo not as sharp as it could be, especially the pointy things on the top of the structure. My favourite of that set is #3 with the raindrops on the window, great light and contrast on that one!

I find your first photo not as sharp as it could be, especially the pointy things on the top of the structure. My favourite of that set is #3 with the raindrops on the window, great light and contrast on that one!

Yes I know what you mean, I think it may have been a mixture of focusing/circular nd filter/tripod moving due to the mount being broken, I was a bit gutted when I was home!

Great set of Stark images Sir, all fitting the theme very well but for me the strongest shot is the #2.(y)

George.

People #2 for me. Shame he's looking down but the figures are better placed in the frame. First one would have been perfect two or three seconds earlier;)

Stark: I like the mug but DoF is rather offputting. Clever idea though:)

It has to be the raindrops the first as pointed out has focus/movement issues which is a pity, will check the video out later

Love the people shots and LOVE the rain drops! I like the first 2 as well, I don't mind that it might not be pin sharp, I like the mood and the emotion, great sense of loneliness.

I had a feeling the rain drops might go down better!! Thanks for the feedback!

Rain on the glass is certainly a nice idea.

They're all good for the theme ... and I think the shipwreck is the one fore for me.

Rain on the glass is certainly a nice idea.

They're all good for the theme ... and I think the shipwreck is the one fore for me.

Cheers David!

Ooo for me I am always going to choose a seascape :D

A nice selection of images, yes the raindrops work well but I love the colour of the first image, the structure in the sea and the wave riven sand foreground... Cool indeed :cool:

Thank you!

I do like the wreck image. You say it's a washed up boat. Is it one of the WW2 Concrete ones that are left lying about in odd places?

Yeah having looked into it further it was a boat set for the D-Day landings but never made it across the channel and has washed up on the beach.

People - I like the use of the mural and the b/w ties the pictures together
Stark - of the wrecks I like the original version with the blueness over the b/w. I like the raindrops too.

Back