Dark edges in clouds

Name
Lukasz
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi guys,
I'm not sure if there's a post about that already since I don't know how to call it but here's my problem:

When I reduce highlights in lightroom, sometimes the edges of the clouds become dark. I guess it's because the edges are brighter then the middle of the cloud since it transmits more light. Not bringing the slider all the way down helps, but maybe you know about a way to fix that? Gradual filters don't bring out that effect cause everything is changing relatively, but someone's of difficult to use it.
Thank you!
Lukasz

Use other adjustments in concert with the highlights one, to adjust the mapping of the whole tonal range (exposure, contrast, shadows etc). Explore the tone curve panel (though some of the aforementioned adjusters overlap with it in function). Experiment. And watch for undesirable side-effects!

Also you can make dedicated adjustments to various sliders within a graduated filter when it's active ...

Last edited:
Hi guys,
I'm not sure if there's a post about that already since I don't know how to call it but here's my problem:

When I reduce highlights in lightroom, sometimes the edges of the clouds become dark. I guess it's because the edges are brighter then the middle of the cloud since it transmits more light. Not bringing the slider all the way down helps, but maybe you know about a way to fix that? Gradual filters don't bring out that effect cause everything is changing relatively, but someone's of difficult to use it.
Thank you!
Lukasz
Go to the "Sharpening" menu and try reducing the "Radius" slider to around 0.7 and see if that helps.

Go to the "Sharpening" menu and try reducing the "Radius" slider to around 0.7 and see if that helps.

Exactly my suggestion though I had .8 in mind! :D

Back