Dark tower

Name
Toni
Edit My Images
No
Interior of the Rundtaarn, Copenhagen.

I posted a couple of pictures on here some time ago from a different section of the tower, essentially high-key images with light flooding the interior. This shot was taken near the top with lower light levels and the shape of the arches standing out much more. I wanted to keep a full tonal range here, and especially to let the shadows remain quite dark while holding enough detail to still reveal the shapes and textures.

Rundetaarn
by Toni Ertl, on Flickr

C&C welcome

Fab.

For me, I'd allow the shadows to go a bit deeper, but then I don't mind clipping in an image, and quite like contrasty stuff.

Lovely careful composition that's beautifully lit. Serene and calm (which TBH might be lost or become "atmospheric" if you went darker with shadows) and after writing all this I think I'll change my mind and say I like it as is.

(y)

Thanks Ian. It was a difficult balance keeping enough light to show the shapes while ensuring everything was still quite dark - I pushed various sliders back & forth before settling on this level. The darkest parts are clipped, as are the lightest.

Back