B&W Darkroom Prints from Kodak B400 CN Chromogenic Film

Name
Peter
Edit My Images
Yes
I was given some 10x8" Kentmere ' FinePrint VC Warm Tone Semi-Matt' paper some years ago so looked it out for a darkroom printing session. had some negs taken on Olympus OM-2n and outdated Kodak Chromogenic C41 type 400 ASA film , rated 200 ASA as it was old. I used my LPL C7700 Pro Enlarger + HOYA 60mm f4 lens and home-made D72 Print Dev Formula. The 'Base' tint is 'Ivory' like the old Kodak Bromesko Ivory but although I scanned as 'COLOUR' the 'warm Tone' does not show. Scanner was my HP Scanjet 4570 Flatbed + Vuescan Pro + Faststone Image Viewer.
Borrowed TAMRON 17mm f3.5 with OM Adaptall mount
Kentmere Fineprint VC Warm 01 by Peter Elgar, on Flickr
Kentmere Fineprint VC Warm 02 by Peter Elgar, on Flickr
Zuiko Auto-Zoom 70-150mm f4.5 @ f11
Kentmere Fineprint VC Warm 03 by Peter Elgar, on Flickr
Zuiko Auto-Zoom 70-150mm f4 @ f5.6
Kentmere Fineprint VC Warm 04 by Peter Elgar, on Flickr

Last edited:
I rather like that, the contrast is a little on the high side for my preferences, but not so much I dislike it.
I'd like to hear your opinions on the paper though, and how you feel they came out.

I'm not a Fan of the Paper surface but photos came out well I thought.

This is my first post so here goes! I used to love using the Kodak version of a chromogenic film. It was easy to print, but as I also print colour the negatives they always printed easily with very little filtration change from ordinary C41 negatives. There are of course no possibilities of changing contrast grades so what you see is what you get more or less. I have tried to get the same with XP2 - but failed miserably, There were always quite significant changes with filtration which didn't always work out what I would have preferred. I would like them to bring it back but little hope of that.

P.S. I really like the one with the backlit reeds(?)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back