Darling Danniella

Name
Sarah
Edit My Images
No
Quite simply gorgeous. Difficult to know what else to say. The verse in the first, I'm stealing.

Nice set.

But I do not like the pose in number 2. Not for a 7 day old baby.

Technically brilliant pictures, can't fault that but I was begining to wonder if I was the only person to think some of the contrived poses are a bit ridiculous for a tiny baby to be put in for entertainment/pleasure.

Technically brilliant pictures, can't fault that but I was begining to wonder if I was the only person to think some of the contrived poses are a bit ridiculous for a tiny baby to be put in for entertainment/pleasure.

I agree Brash, great photography but the pictures seemed a little creepy to me, the baby was in some very unnatural positions.

I agree Brash, great photography but the pictures seemed a little creepy to me, the baby was in some very unnatural positions.

Couldn't have put it better myself actually. I was a little creeped out looking at them, I must admit.

But as said, the photography itself is fantastic. I wish I had your talent (y)

I don't think they're creepy at all. They're beautiful. The poses may seem a little un natural, but for a baby so small, they are still in a very scrunched up foetal position, maybe that's what makes the poses look a bit un natural? I would imagine #2 was balanced very carefully, with mum/dad just out of shot?

I love the colours and have admired alot of your photos.

while i appreciate the skill they are not for me im afraid. i find the majority a little wierd:shrug:

just my very humble opinion of course(y)

No, you are not the only one to think that. I agree that technically the photography can't be faulted but the poses are not natural. I really like these though,

http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=342216

I must say that I admire your photographic skills and presentation Sarah, I can’t fault your work, however, having looked and several of these baby picture threads, I agree with Brash's comment.
If parents want this style of picture, then fine, it’s their personal choice, and so long as no trauma is caused to the baby, and I am certainly not suggesting for one moment that there is, then you have found a niche market. For me, I feel uncomfortable seeing the poses which I think are inappropriate for the age of the baby and are certainly not natural.

I know these are not too everyones taste for one reason or another.
By all means offer critique, but lets keep it civil guys (y)

You know if you do not 'hear' peoples tone wow can it ever be taken the wrong way!! I did say thanks and i do appreciate all your comments what ever they are! If you google newborn photography this style is 10 a penny in the US and getting more popular over here
Baby is always happy or they would not sleep see even in pose 2 i caught a grin lol!
Anywho i am sorry if my last comment came wrong it certainly was not typed that way

You know if you do not 'hear' peoples tone wow can it ever be taken the wrong way!! I did say thanks and i do appreciate all your comments what ever they are! If you google newborn photography this style is 10 a penny in the US and getting more popular over here
Baby is always happy or they would not sleep see even in pose 2 i caught a grin lol!
Anywho i am sorry if my last comment came wrong it certainly was not typed that way

Well I for one never read it that way .. Some of the poses I like others dont work for me . But I do enjoy looking at your work myself..

Regards MD(y)

Wow calm down. If you can't take peoples thoughts then don't put your pictures up!

You sir are a troll, your first comments " 7days old and holding her head up? " was rather stupid as it is obvious that the baby has been posed into that position, and it is quite funny that its all males who are making the observations about its "CREEPY", search the net and you will find thousands of images of this type and yes MOTHERS love them and will cherish this type of image.

My suggestion for what its worth is stop being old fashion and look at what modern folk want and will pay for after all dinosaurs died out a long time ago :LOL:

Wilky

Wow calm down. If you can't take peoples thoughts then don't put your pictures up!

Does the OP not have the right to say anything in response?

This is the kind of childish attitude that ruins this forum.

Last edited:
You sir are a troll, your first comments " 7days old and holding her head up? " was rather stupid as it is obvious that the baby has been posed into that position, and it is quite funny that its all males who are making the observations about its "CREEPY", search the net and you will find thousands of images of this type and yes MOTHERS love them and will cherish this type of image.

My suggestion for what its worth is stop being old fashion and look at what modern folk want and will pay for after all dinosaurs died out a long time ago :LOL:

Wilky

it may be all males, but my wife looked at the pictures at the same time as me and said the same thing, most the pictures are amazing but the one in the really unnatural position looks very Creepy, I have a 4 month old at home and know that I wouldnt like a photo of him like that, butt that is my personal opinion, I have looked at the flickr page and think that all the pictures are great.

Gorbsteruk said:
it may be all males, but my wife looked at the pictures at the same time as me and said the same thing, most the pictures are amazing but the one in the really unnatural position looks very Creepy, I have a 4 month old at home and know that I wouldnt like a photo of him like that, butt that is my personal opinion, I have looked at the flickr page and think that all the pictures are great.

My Mrs thought the same

Wilky said:

Wilky

Lol ok keyboard warrior ;-) xx

Last edited:
Babies lay in the womb in odd positions too, is that in natural?

She looks pretty content. It'd be different if she was screaming blue murder.

Tori said:
She looks pretty content. It'd be different if she was screaming blue murder.

Exactly if she was distressed she wouldn't sleep she looks pretty happy and comfortable to me. I think it's refreshing to see this type of photography here and not just in the US. there is a Market for it and the people that matter the parents will pay for it and love it. The ones that don't can stick to the old fashioned pics on a big White fluffy rug on a plain background with the old fashioned dreamy effect but I know what I prefer

Whether you like the style or not is up to each individual, but please be reassured that everything Sarah does is with baby's safety and comfort as an absolute priority.

Photographers often use a lot of composites when creating these posed images too, for example when I create the 'frog' pose I take one with baby's head being supported, then one with the hands being held, then merge the two.

Agree with Elli. l do that pose a lot, and it is done with baby's safety as a priority. The image will be a composite, meaning her head was supported at all times.

And if she didn't like it, how come she stayed asleep?

However, l do very much prefer natural baby images, and mostly do those....but people are asking for this pose more and more.

Sarah you are clearly talented, although l do find your images a little too staged sometimes. :)

i've looked at these a couple of times, and on one hand i think they are really nice photographs with great skin tones and use of dof and on the other, from a less technical point of view they look a bit creepy and a bit lifeless (ie, no eye contact at all)

i'm not sure if it's just some of the poses which look odd and contorted or whether it's the headband accessories (or combination). i'm not entirely sure whether they straddle the right side of tacky. they're not full on bling bling chav, but there is something a bit cheesy about the headband. hats i can deal with, all babies wear hats, but a headband on a newborn?

without question, these are great photographs and show you to be a talent photographer, but there is something a little bit strange about them too and it's quite difficult putting my finger on exactly what it is.

Last edited:
Back