Darling Danniella

Not sure you can have eye contact with a sleeping baby. ;)

l do newborn work, and l try very hard not to fall into the tacky area, and keep them baby-ish, natural, and touching.
As newborn photographers we are torn between being inspired by the huge popularity and talent of many US people, and finding our own styles.

l do agree that sometimes Sarah's work borders on the tacky with props and poses, but she is very good at many aspects of what she does, and it is simply a matter of taste.

l am sure many don't like what l do, but l do at least try and be 'me' in what l do.

lt is hugely popular with parents...l am absolutely stacked with work for months in advance, and that's fine by me. (y)

I think the photographs are beautifully taken and the post processing is making for perfect skin tones. I dont think the photos look creepy (although my husband and daughter do) and the baby looks very content. I just feel all the props and bling would date very quickly and I would look back in a year and think "oh dear" ,I agree with Mark (Cuthbert) there is a real cheesy element to this style, though I am sure it sells well to a particular client.

The USA market is saturated with this style and its hugely popular.

Thank you yes she was very content all my babies are they let me know if they don't want to be posed and i don't do it. I take the babies lead they are the most important not the photograph!

i dont think the welfare of the children or sarahs photography skills are in question. i have no doubts the childs welfare is paramount and handled with skill and efficiency. the quality of the shots are second to none.

its a marmite style, you either like it or you dont.

to me its tacky as hell and wouldnt contemplate having a set done.

if you like em you like em. you pay your money you take your choice.

well done sarah, may your appointment book always be full:clap::)

I too find the pose in No2 a little un natural- but hey if those shots pay the bills- then take E'm I say and many more besides (y) If the parents want that then who's to complain

Love the lighting and I for one cannot fault them :clap:

Les ;)

i dont think the welfare of the children or sarahs photography skills are in question. i have no doubts the childs welfare is paramount and handled with skill and efficiency. the quality of the shots are second to none.

its a marmite style, you either like it or you dont.

to me its tacky as hell and wouldnt contemplate having a set done.

if you like em you like em. you pay your money you take your choice.

well done sarah, may your appointment book always be full:clap::)

Nail on head. Well said (y)

Lol ok keyboard warrior ;-) xx

This the best one can come up with :thinking: Never mind :dummy:

I just find it strange that people can knock success and obvious skill, so what if you don't think its cool..... if it pays the bill then shoot it, if its tack 2yrs down the road then you know its time to move on to the next fad in photography WHO are we to question what our clients like.. 7yrs or so ago it was all the rage to do b/w wedding images with coloured bits now it looks crap but we still sold lots then, now you have the vintage look all the rage, I hate it but it sells, so I produce it for my customers.

anyway bored now of to watch some mutt having an elbow wiped over his forehead on sky sports :2nd:

lol wilky

Wilky you are a warrior, personally I love them nothing in this world ever moved on by doing the same as everybody else, sarah pushers the envelope, and for that we should be grateful, but creepy can't see where your getting that from, you have to try different poses some work some don't but if you don't try anything new you may as well pack in.
just my take on the matter.

Back