South-West England Dartmoor Discussions

Holwell and Emsworthy are colouring up, the Bluebells don't seem as dense this year but do seem to be spread over a greater area.

Holwell and Emsworthy are colouring up, the Bluebells don't seem as dense this year but do seem to be spread over a greater area.
Finally got out to Emsworthy this week, you can see my trip in my Blog on Ephotozine (link in my signature). Here's one of the shots olf the tree.

032 Lone Tree on Emsworthy Tor 05-0044 PS Adj.jpg

Thanks Les, each to their own your bird stuff is amazing. (y)

Thank you its a passion with me- I don't have any lenses to suit landscape apart from a Sony 24-70mm G lens :) maybe not wide enough???

Last edited by a moderator:
You can use anything for landscapes, a 24 on FF is pretty much as wide as you want to go and avoid most distortions/hugely exaggerated perspective.

You can use anything for landscapes, a 24 on FF is pretty much as wide as you want to go and avoid most distortions/hugely exaggerated perspective.
Thank you Nod- it is the widest lens I have, just need some landscape now, not a great deal around where I live - unless you like Glastonbury Torr or Burrow Mump :)

Les

Thank you its a passion with me- I don't have any lenses to suit landscape apart from a Sony 24-70mm G lens :) maybe not wide enough???
"4 is plenty wide enough Les, the majority of the shots in my 52 Blog this year are shot on a Fuji 16-55 (24-82.5) the shot above admittedly was at 10mm (15 FF) but lenses that wide need special attention to composition so as not to distort everything.

This one was taken at 22.9mm (almost 35mm FF)

034 Lone Tree on Emsworthy Tor 07-0050 PS Adj.jpg

Reactions: Nod
Back