Dartmoor Sunrise

Edit My Images
No
I'm not too sure about this one and I'm sure a bit of fill in flash would have worked well.

Would appreciate any comments especially the faults....... go on be ruthless I can take it ;)

i like this, its a pleasant scene, i would have liked a little more colour in the sunrise but thats just my taste, overall very nice

i agree with matty, but maybe just maybe you could have composed it slightly closer to the first fencepost, it leavs a small dead bit on the left of the scene,

did u hang around and take any later ones? with the sun just peeking over the horizon, as these would have been even better me thinks,

great effort,.......... keep clicking and posting, none of us get to be better photographers if the camera is left in the bag and are afraid if criticism

MyPix

I am not too sure that I would change very much on this picture. The first post is a little over powering but your idea of using the wall to lead the eyes into the picture is a tried and tested technique that all should apply. Maybe if you has taken one step forward and framed the picture without the first post but still have the wall lead you in, essentially giving the same shot but without the post it could have helped? Other than that I like it a lot and think that the balance between the sunrise and the foreground is not bad at all, the depth of field used is good and the focus has been locked on the foreground which is also an area that some other photographers miss. Really I would be happy with that shot. :)

Jase,

I think it's a great pic, but maybe would have tried a couple of other things as well like using a Grad ND filter to darken the sky so that the foreground could be a little brighter... Hope you don't mind, mate, but I did a little (very quick) PS'ing and came up with this...

Jase.jpg

Thanks for the replies and I must admit the crop certainly does look better without that first post! I've also just dug out my old 35mm bag of goodies and come across a whole host of filters and attachemnts including a grey grad :D

I'm keeping an eye on the weather for this weekend for a reshoot ;)

Works for me. Yes a bit more colour in the sunrise would have topped it off. But we all know that you take the shots as they happen. Good eye for a photo thats all that counts. 8)

Back