Beginner Dated Photographs?

Name
Joy
Edit My Images
No
Hi......could someone please confirm that if I set the date and time on my camera that the photographs subsequently printed will bear the information? I loaned my camera to a friend after setting the date, he took photographs then went to a print shop to have them printed. When the date was missing the assistant said that the date was just on the camera and not on the SD card. I have concluded that it must be a print option to have the information included......am I right. I would appreciate guidance as I need to have dated photographs. Thankyou

Name
Andrew Cliffe
Edit My Images
Yes
The date and time the photo was taken is embedded into the data, but does not appear on the printed photograph.

If you need to have the date on the printed photograph, this will need adding in a photo manipulation software such as photoshop.

Edit My Images
No
Some cameras offer a date stamp option. Using the Panasonic TZ70 as an example...
  1. Set command dial to 'P'
  2. Press the menu button
  3. Select the Rec sub-menu
  4. Down arrow to Page 6
  5. Select 'Date Stamp'
  6. Select 'WO TIME', 'WITH TIME' or 'OFF'
The date will then become part of every image taken until you disable the function. If you do this you would only be able to remove the date with an editor. On other cameras the feature (if present) may be available in other ways. For example: the Sony HX90 offers the option 'Write Date' from the 'system' sub-menu when in 'P' mode.

Last edited: