Daughter (again) ...

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
Yes
With the crap weather, and not feeling inspired to go out. I thought I`d have a play with lights. Fortunately she was a semi-willing (albeit for five minutes) participant ...

Portrait by Paulie-W, on Flickr

Ok, I’ve had a bottle of wine; but my first guess is 50mm on a crop?

Nice .... But nope :) It was cropped a little though. 58mm ff.

Last edited:
Then that’s why the ‘wide angle’ question was asked. ;)

You lost me know ... Could be the beers numbing my brain somewhat :) Please explain.

You lost me know ... Could be the beers numbing my brain somewhat :) Please explain.
Toni asked if it was shot with a ‘wide angle’ presumably because in his opinion it was shot wider than he’d have picked.

You replied ‘no’

I guessed at the FL (quite close IMHO)

And it seems Toni was right, it was wider than most would pick for that tight a headshot.

Toni asked if it was shot with a ‘wide angle’ presumably because in his opinion it was shot wider than he’d have picked.

You replied ‘no’

I guessed at the FL (quite close IMHO)

And it seems Toni was right, it was wider than most would pick for that tight a headshot.

Thanks Phil, appreciate you taking the time (y)
The crop was mainly due to the patio doors in the bg. Good guess at the fl though, and not too far out.

I'm not as experienced at portrait work as Phil, so I'd thought about 35mm, because of the way her face has been rendered with the parts closer to the lens a little larger than life and those further away smaller. Sorry not to be around to answer sooner.

I'm not as experienced at portrait work as Phil, so I'd thought about 35mm, because of the way her face has been rendered with the parts closer to the lens a little larger than life and those further away smaller. Sorry not to be around to answer sooner.

No worries :)
I do have a 20mm though, and that is wide ;)

Back