Daughter & Niece

I like the hair in the second shot - adds interest and life to the shot. I'd perhaps like to see a little bit more definition in the face - her skin looks very flat (to me, on my monitor). The sunglasses also add a nice touch of mystery.

Like both of these. The lighting on the 1st is lovely, at least imo. Think the 2nd works really well, pose, conversion at the hair.

Hi Alan, I don't really know what I'm talking about but in the first image I just love the light. For me, it's that wonderful glow on her face and even lighting up the fluid against her bottom eyelid which makes it. So personally, I'd like to see her turned very slightly so the left side of her face gets at least some of that colour and light. Yes, you could use a reflector but then you might sacrifice some of the shadow, especially under her right cheek which again is nice shaping for me.

Agree the horizontal framing and positioning feels quite conflicted (for want of a better word), whereas it works in the second.

But as I said I don't really have a scooby - but I like them!

the lighting in no 1 can be fiddles
no 2 does need the hair to be under control
not sure about the composition though...rather more to one side than that format would allow without shouting out..different
i would put these in a squarish crop
cheers
geof

I like both and particularly the golden light in the first ...

Really like the 2nd one exactly as it is. First one has great lighting, but as has been said I think it falls in between better compositions - it needs to be either tighter or wide, more central or more to the right for it to work best.

Both beautiful shots in my opinion. The second is my favourite, but that's really just my personal pref. for B&W.

The change from light to shadow looks a bit harsh on the first one though. It might have been the look you were going for but I might have tried facing her more towards the light and taking a side on shot?

I like them both, and initially the second image caught my attention...but I keep getting drawn back to the first. I get the comments above about the framing but I actually like it as it is and the light is fantastic, the shadows add to the shot, the background has complementary colours in the bokeh...it's a shot that stands out IMO, one of the best I've seen on here for a while. Nicely done Alan!

I like them both, and initially the second image caught my attention...but I keep getting drawn back to the first. I get the comments above about the framing but I actually like it as it is and the light is fantastic, the shadows add to the shot, the background has complementary colours in the bokeh...it's a shot that stands out IMO, one of the best I've seen on here for a while. Nicely done Alan!

After a sh***y couple of weeks your comment has cheered me right up.

Back