Daughters pics at Tough Guy 2016

All great shots and as has been said already she has a good eye for a photo. These look like shots taken by someone with a fair bit of experience to me, she's no right being this good at 12!! And well done you (?) for getting her the DSLR.

You should register her here so she can decide her own contributions.

Very, very good set, and at 12 years, way better then what I would have captured. Well done.

All great shots and as has been said already she has a good eye for a photo. These look like shots taken by someone with a fair bit of experience to me, she's no right being this good at 12!! And well done you (?) for getting her the DSLR.

We went last year as well and she had a bridge camera. Unfortunately, with the poor light it struggled with a fast enough shutter speed and she had lots of pictures with either motion blur, camera shake or noise. So we decided to buy her a DSLR of her own for Christmas, (although she did have it before that as we had a few outings planned.) She is doing really well, and is a member at the same camera club as me and has already had a handful of images awarded places in this seasons PDI's.

I'll check and see what the rules are. At just turned 12 I know she's too young for a Facebook account but maybe becoming a member on here is an option. Good suggestion, thank you.

Last edited:
We went last year as well and she had a bridge camera. Unfortunately, with the poor light it struggled with a fast enough shutter speed and she had lots of pictures with either motion blur, camera shake or noise. So we decided to buy her a DSLR of her own for Christmas, (although she did have it before that as we had a few outings planned.) She is doing really well, and is a member at the same camera club as me and has already had a handful of images awarded places in this seasons PDI's.

It sounds like something you enjoy doing together which is great, though it could get expensive (for you) if she gets GAS !!!

In close, plenty of action even some eye contact. technically sound. Quite a Pro..........

I never expected them to be half as good if I'm honest. She must be well chuffed with that set. You too
Can't add to comments above, just wanted to congratulate her for the great work

Very very good. It was not until I read it twice that I realised she is so young!

She tried to create an account this evening but it was blocked - not old enough for an account.
Looks like I'll have to continue to share her pictures for now. Who knows, some people may even mistake them for mine!

excellent shots, different perspective from a adult and possibly get away with more than a adult

Blimey these are excellent!

She tried to create an account this evening but it was blocked
I think its 13, but use the contact us button and have a word with Marcel, I think one or two exceptions have been made, in the past, where the child is "supervised" by a parent.
If he agrees, make sure she gets a junior tag too, or she'll have access to N&G and the Classifieds ( we don't want her spending your money now do we? :D )

A future TalkPhotographer right there.. The images really capture the spirt of the day. I feel tired just looking at them.

Back