weekly Fuji Dave`s Weekly 52 Challenge 2020 WEEK 52 DECORATIONS

Fuji Dave

I'm in Clover
Name
Dave
Edit My Images
No
These are my rules for the 2020 52 Weekly Challenge.

1 I will take images for the theme only.
2 Might do some Jazz shots.
3 This is my 4th year on the trot, so I look forward to it again.

...................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Techniques
Abstract
Multiple Exposure
Panorama
Panning
Filling the Frame
Framing
Leading Lines / Shapes.
Motion blur
Mirrored
Wide Angle
Low Light
Negative space
Artificial Light SEPTEMBER/OCTOBER(y)
Juxtaposition JULY/AUGUST (y)
High key MARCH/APRIL (y)
HDR
Soft Focus NOVEMBER/DECEMBER(y)
Silhouette JANUARY/FEBUARY (y)
B&W MAY/JUNE (y)

:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

1 LOCAL INTEREST
2 PLEASURE ( able )
3 TOOL (s)
4 DISCARDED
5 SNAPPERS CHOICE
6 WILD
7 BROKEN
8 ABILITY
9 WINTER
10 DEPICT a BOOK
11 TRANSPORT
12 FENCE
13 FLORA
14 TIME
15 SNAPPERS CHOICE
16 First Initial of Name
17 More than One of Something
18 MUSIC
19 COLOUR (ful)
20 SOMETHING OLD
21 LIQUID
22 A HOUSEHOLD ITEM
23 HIDDEN
24 SMALL
25 SNAPPERS CHOICE
26 MOTHER NATURE
27 SIGNS
28 SECURE
29 Something Personal
30 GRACEFUL
31 STATIC
32 PATTERN S
33 CAMOUFLAGE (d)
34 TINY
35 SNAPPERS CHOICE
36 TEXTURE
37 ACTIVITY
38 ARTIFICIAL
39 AUTUMN
40 WET
41 TOPICAL
42 FOOD
43 SHARP
44 DIGITAL AGE
45 SNAPPERS CHOICE
46 NARROW
47 PAPER
48 CAMERA
49 LEAVES
50 ABSTRACT
51 SHOWCASE
52 DECOR (ATE)

Last edited:
whatever @Cobra pulls out of the weekly bag I will interpret it as an excuse to post another damned jazz image :D

Yeah I know :rolleyes:

As with most of the country the sky was yuck, so the local interest from Brighton is The Royal Pavilion which was home to the Prince Regent. Fisrt shot is of the back of the pavilion but with the sky cropped out, and the second image is a statue of the Prince Regent himself but with yuck sky.

Brighton Royal Pavilion by Dave, on Flickr

Prince Regent by Dave, on Flickr

Both nice images but it has to be number 2 for me Dave, it's nicely balanced and the sky looks gives the building a nice background (maybe more cloud woulod have distracted a bit?)

#2 for me Dave.
Yes, the sky is boring, but it's the better image (though you should have applied distortion correction).

Issues with #1 are:
1. Horizontals aren't (look at the roofline)
2. cut off the chimneys to remove the sky (it just looks wrong)
3. I'm guessing it's a big crop into a wider view (judging by how little we can zoom in). In doing this it's given it a bit of a muddy feel to the detail.

Back to the jazz next week? ;)

Another vote for No2 :)

Both nice images but it has to be number 2 for me Dave, it's nicely balanced and the sky looks gives the building a nice background (maybe more cloud woulod have distracted a bit?)
#2 for me Dave.
Yes, the sky is boring, but it's the better image (though you should have applied distortion correction).

Issues with #1 are:
1. Horizontals aren't (look at the roofline)
2. cut off the chimneys to remove the sky (it just looks wrong)
3. I'm guessing it's a big crop into a wider view (judging by how little we can zoom in). In doing this it's given it a bit of a muddy feel to the detail.

Back to the jazz next week? ;)
I think number 2 is the winner. I like the symmetry. Great start.
I agree with above comments, #2 is it for me!
Another vote for No2 :)

Thank you folks, it was cropped as had the 50mm on the T3 today.

Number 2 for me there Dave, I like that shot, nicely composed and much more interesting than number 1 in my opinion :)

I have to say I like the statue as well. It is really interesting and the stonework detail is superb.

Two interesting shots to start the Challenge, Dave and very refreshing to see outdoor shots from you rather than the usual indoor Jazz musicians. :giggle: I'm sure normal service will resume soon enough. :giggle:

I found the first one more interesting, maybe a couple of steps to the left to have the building more 'square-on'.

Two interesting shots to start the Challenge, Dave and very refreshing to see outdoor shots from you rather than the usual indoor Jazz musicians. :giggle: I'm sure normal service will resume soon enough. :giggle:

I found the first one more interesting, maybe a couple of steps to the left to have the building more 'square-on'.

Thank you Stan for the comment, on a good note NO more jazz shots for my 52 now :cool:

Great start to your 52 Dave!!:clap:

Both terrific images that are very well composed.
The greens in #1 are brilliantly vivid, and I do like the horizontal lines.
I would pick #2 as my favourite too however - such a strong composition, though both are excellent!

P.S. I'm not sure if I believe you're not going to post any Jazz shots though....we'll see!!:p

Great start to your 52 Dave!!:clap:

Both terrific images that are very well composed.
The greens in #1 are brilliantly vivid, and I do like the horizontal lines.
I would pick #2 as my favourite too however - such a strong composition, though both are excellent!

P.S. I'm not sure if I believe you're not going to post any Jazz shots though....we'll see!!:p

Thank you Gareth for the comment, it is true that no more jazz for my 52 as just straight shots on theme now.

I think I prefer the second shot Dave, the statue is well exposed and has some really nice colours.

#2 for me for sure - well exposed and I find the composition stronger than the first shot.

No 2 I think is the best as it seems to make you look into it and the sky maybe plain, but it enhances the spires. I see from your first post you have it all sussed out...... unlike me :(

Two things in my photography give me the ultimate pleasure to photograph Family and Jazz, but as I have to stay in for a delivery today No jazz so my favourite model asked me to photograph her and it does actually give me a lot of pleasure to photograph my girl Susie. Xpro2 + XF23mm f1.4 and used my little Godox TTL Flash so here are two of my girl.

Pose for me Susie by Dave, on Flickr

In this one I gave Susie a touch of dark moody Nik Collection.

The Looker by Dave, on Flickr

Back