Dave

It looks quite blurred on my monitor unfortunately. I'm guessing the iPhone scanner is the issue rather than that Hassleblad....

Yes, focus is poor as others have said, but that is most likely your scanner set-up as all the pictures done this way look the same on your Flickr page.

I'd be more concerned with cutting the poor man's ear off. Filling the frame is nice, but I don't like to see bits missing.

BTW - welcome to the forum. :)

Yea - I agree, folks. the Neg is pretty sharp but my makeshift scanner produces quite low res jpgs which give it the lack of focus. Might have to invest in a "proper" scanner but fr 120 negs they're quite expensive.

Yea - I agree, folks. the Neg is pretty sharp but my makeshift scanner produces quite low res jpgs which give it the lack of focus. Might have to invest in a "proper" scanner but fr 120 negs they're quite expensive.

But very much worth it. My V550 gets lovely 120 scans. Took a bit of faffing to get it working but now it's just scan & done. My first scanner was a toilet roll inner and a 50mm Canon F1.8 with extension tube (https://www.talkphotography.co.uk/threads/success.251220/#post-2919604). It worked but the quality was terrible. Thing is it can put you off film with such poor results... If you're thinking about shooting film regularly (and digitising rather than wet printing), then a scanner is a worthwhile investment. If you only do it infrequently, get the lab to do it when they dev your film. Unless you develop your own that is.

Back