weekly : Dave70D 52 for 2017 Week 52 WEATHER COMPLETED

I haven't been around for a few weeks and so it's another mini catch-up from me, Dave! Looking back through your images since my last visit, I do like the bold colours in your third bee image for Evolve and such tiny details; really well done, you have some excellent nature photos in your stream (y) The cows in Large were well-spotted for the theme and I like the way they're all facing the same way, and your second image for Architecture has a real sense of light and space under that lovely sky. Shame about the slightly tight foreground but I can see that you had to cut out a lot of clutter, which is always frustrating.

The decaying pier is the perfect subject for Broken, and of the three images my favourite is the third as I think B&W suits this subject best. I'll try to keep up to date from now on :)

I haven't been around for a few weeks and so it's another mini catch-up from me, Dave! Looking back through your images since my last visit, I do like the bold colours in your third bee image for Evolve and such tiny details; really well done, you have some excellent nature photos in your stream (y) The cows in Large were well-spotted for the theme and I like the way they're all facing the same way, and your second image for Architecture has a real sense of light and space under that lovely sky. Shame about the slightly tight foreground but I can see that you had to cut out a lot of clutter, which is always frustrating.

The decaying pier is the perfect subject for Broken, and of the three images my favourite is the third as I think B&W suits this subject best. I'll try to keep up to date from now on :)

Thank you for the kind words Andrea :) @Manxmaid Just been having a look at some of your great shots on Flickr, one of them 21 Bizarre I have seen somewhere else as I remember the rooftop shot of the people :confused:

Thank you for the kind words Andrea :) @Manxmaid Just been having a look at some of your great shots on Flickr, one of them 21 Bizarre I have seen somewhere else as I remember the rooftop shot of the people :confused:

Thanks Dave, I've just replied on Flickr too, but that was taken for my 52 in 2015 so possibly in those threads two years ago? Link

Hey Dave :)

Broken - Now that is a great structure, i'm liking all three of them, although the last one which is B&W stands out by far the most for me, I like seeing the whole thing even though the colour shots show more detail that one is great (y)

Transport - A few distractions for me, mainly the bright 20 sign and a couple of other bright areas, but still perfect for the theme and the motion is frozen well mate, and the blur to the background sure makes the bike and rider stand out :)

Great panning and just enough DoF to separate the bikie from the background. Well done!

Hey Dave :)

Broken - Now that is a great structure, i'm liking all three of them, although the last one which is B&W stands out by far the most for me, I like seeing the whole thing even though the colour shots show more detail that one is great (y)

Transport - A few distractions for me, mainly the bright 20 sign and a couple of other bright areas, but still perfect for the theme and the motion is frozen well mate, and the blur to the background sure makes the bike and rider stand out :)

Thank you Dean for the comments, wish I had cloned out the 20mph sign as did get rid of other things :)

Great panning and just enough DoF to separate the bikie from the background. Well done!

Thank you too Bernd :)

Good detail in the bike, some movement in the wheels but looks almost at a standstill. There are distracting BG areas that can be easily desaturated.

Lovely job ... the writing in the sand (never saw sand on Brighton Beach), the ant people, their shadows ... very minimalistic.

Taken from the O2 tower thing Dave ?
Nice shot that reminds me of an album cover that I cant quite place.....

Very good, love the tones in the sand and people from above adds that extra something.

Well seen and great pic. Look like ants :)

Thank you for the comment :)

Lovely job ... the writing in the sand (never saw sand on Brighton Beach), the ant people, their shadows ... very minimalistic.

Thank you David, first time I have seen sand in years too :)

Taken from the O2 tower thing Dave ?
Nice shot that reminds me of an album cover that I cant quite place.....

Thank you Mark, it is the I360, built by the same folk who did the London Eye :)

Very good, love the tones in the sand and people from above adds that extra something.

Thank you Chris :)

Nice shot for minimalistic. I too like the colours in the sand. The two figures with the writing give it a sense of scale and the true extent of the minimalistic nature of the shot.
Well done on dealing with the reflections. A friend went recently and really struggled to get anything at all that wasn't full of them.

Nice shot for minimalistic. I too like the colours in the sand. The two figures with the writing give it a sense of scale and the true extent of the minimalistic nature of the shot.
Well done on dealing with the reflections. A friend went recently and really struggled to get anything at all that wasn't full of them.

Thank you Lee for the comment :)
The reflections totally ruined most of the shots, which is a bit sad but I might try again some time but when the sun is not out. You could not even get close to the glass as a barrier went all round in the pod.

Great photo, great PoV, great composition, great colours... (y)

Minimalist - Thats come out rather well. Great colours and tones in the sand, colours that I would not have expected to see in the UK.

My Progress shot is of the I360 on a grey day yesterday, it is finished but still in progress of building.
The lovely Hayley is a singer on the seafront, it is also a progress shot for me as I like to try my best when taking their photo. It was to be a costly day to, as some lads were throwing stones at Hayley and I and one hit my lens, breaking the glass, so have binned it and bought another one this morning.

Nearly Finished by David Ore, on Flickr

Hayley by David Ore, on Flickr

Progress, sorry to hear about the lens. The i360, I think they need to start again a buy a plumbline next time! Hayley, a fine street portrait and if it's progress for you then progress is progress.

Progress, sorry to hear about the lens. The i360, I think they need to start again a buy a plumbline next time! Hayley, a fine street portrait and if it's progress for you then progress is progress.

Thanks Chris, yep a shame about the lens. Just noticed the I360 off a bit :)

Sorry to hear about the stone throwing Dave; did anybody catch the little (or maybe not so little) b******? Hope you two were unhurt too. Meanwhile great shot of Hayley and that strange building site.

Id have been incensed if that happened to me,Plod would have been involved for sure. Sorry to hear the news Dave.

I didnt know the the 360 wasnt actually complete - what have they got to do to finish ?

Sorry to hear about the stone throwing Dave; did anybody catch the little (or maybe not so little) b******? Hope you two were unhurt too. Meanwhile great shot of Hayley and that strange building site.

Doesn't look anywhere near finished, works well for progress though

Id have been incensed if that happened to me,Plod would have been involved for sure. Sorry to hear the news Dave.

I didnt know the the 360 wasnt actually complete - what have they got to do to finish ?

Thank you folks, the thing about the lens was, I did not even know it had broken the glass till they were gone, I`d rather it be the lens then either me or Hayley.

#1 for the theme but #2 is a very good capture I think, especially under the circumstances, shame about the stone-throwing tw@ts

Back