weekly : Dave70D 52 for 2017 Week 52 WEATHER COMPLETED

Hi Dave, trying to catch up again :D I love the minimalistic picture, the textures, the writing and the people just every thing about it and very brave too going up in that thing and looking out of it :eek: Great portrait, looking straight down the lens and very striking with her red hair. Definitely a good advert for having a filter on your lens! The bee shot has lovely details and I like it with the yellow flowers too and finally the 1st picture of tiny for me, I might have cleaned up some of the brown spots on the petals tho:D

Hi Dave, trying to catch up again :D I love the minimalistic picture, the textures, the writing and the people just every thing about it and very brave too going up in that thing and looking out of it :eek: Great portrait, looking straight down the lens and very striking with her red hair. Definitely a good advert for having a filter on your lens! The bee shot has lovely details and I like it with the yellow flowers too and finally the 1st picture of tiny for me, I might have cleaned up some of the brown spots on the petals tho:D

Thank you for the nice words Georgina, I was feeling a bit lazy to clean up the spots on the petals :D

If I had to choose between the two I say #2 but as Allan says the petals spoil it a little ...dirty, diseased or something.

I'd go for the second just for the sense of scale making provided by the flower being cropped, although the first is good too.

Has to be #1 after reading the comments and looking back at the photo. The tiny fly next to the merely small fly is a brilliant catch!

First tiny shot for me. Looks almost as if smaller fly could be on the larger ones's lunch menu, if it sat still long enough to get digested in saliva.

Nice light on #1 but i'd go for #2, I've never seen that before and it looks really interesting and well done

The kissing wall is interesting ... I'm wondering if it might work better in the context of its surroundings ... if you know what I mean!

The kissing wall is most unusual, I presume this is on the side of a building. Very clever. I like the serious face to, it makes me wonder what's on the bit of paper:D

The kissing wall is interesting ... I'm wondering if it might work better in the context of its surroundings ... if you know what I mean!

The kissing wall is most unusual, I presume this is on the side of a building. Very clever. I like the serious face to, it makes me wonder what's on the bit of paper:D

Thank you both for the comments :)

I also like the kissing wall but like someone said above a little of the surroundings might have added something extra

Face, like the POV and concentration...crop for me, though :)

Cheers.

Thanks Andy for the comment, can see a crop would be better :)

Hi Dave,

Tiny - The second one for me I think, but can't put my finger on why.
Face - The kissing wall shot, because it is unusual.

Thank you Tim for the comment too :)

Let's have a catch-up:

Minimalist - Striking shot - although the overall composition is very minimal there's actually quite a lot to look at!
Progress - the first shot for me because of the juxtaposition of that giant glass doughnut thing against the much older building in the foreground.
Pleasure - a bit of a shoehorn but it's a good sharp photo of the bee.
Tiny - it was the first picture that made me think "well that's tiny" but as an image I prefer the second.
Face - The kissing wall is an interesting subject - I can't work out whether putting it into context would improve it or take away its curiosity value.
Agriculture - I like the first shot - I think the processing combats the relatively flat light to add a bit more interest.

mowing for hay or sileage was always one of my favourite jobs when I worked in Farming.The noise of the mower/tractor was great and the satisfaction of seeing a lot of neatly cut rows was immensely satisfying.

Let's have a catch-up:

Minimalist - Striking shot - although the overall composition is very minimal there's actually quite a lot to look at!
Progress - the first shot for me because of the juxtaposition of that giant glass doughnut thing against the much older building in the foreground.
Pleasure - a bit of a shoehorn but it's a good sharp photo of the bee.
Tiny - it was the first picture that made me think "well that's tiny" but as an image I prefer the second.
Face - The kissing wall is an interesting subject - I can't work out whether putting it into context would improve it or take away its curiosity value.
Agriculture - I like the first shot - I think the processing combats the relatively flat light to add a bit more interest.

Hi Nick, thank you very much for the nice feedback :) It was a nice sunny day today, but when we weere up on the Downs looking back the sky was just yuck, so had a play in Topaz :)

mowing for hay or sileage was always one of my favourite jobs when I worked in Farming.The noise of the mower/tractor was great and the satisfaction of seeing a lot of neatly cut rows was immensely satisfying.

Thank you Mark, it was nice just to watch him going up & down the field :)

Really don't like the processing on the first one, I guess its a matter of taste, so second one for me though it could do with a bit of a lift

I am preferring the middle (natural) shot Dave, I am really pleased you managed to get out and take some shots, liking the contrast with the buildings/city in the far distance (y)

Thank you Dean, good to know that a few painkillers and a drink are great for pain :D On the #2 shot you like more, I did a slight edit but not as crazy as the first, thanks too for the comment :)

Second for me, I like the cityscape in the background against the tractor and fields

Back