weekly : Dave70D 52 for 2017 Week 52 WEATHER COMPLETED

The busker is a really good photo for the theme, I like that is he is playing and that it is a nice bright shot with the light separating him from the background.

Nice idea David, it is good when people are good enough to make money from Busking, I do feel sorry for some that sound very talented but seem to be playing to the wrong crowd so with little reward... a real nice composition and like that you kept the whole shadow on the ground too (y)

Nice idea David, it is good when people are good enough to make money from Busking, I do feel sorry for some that sound very talented but seem to be playing to the wrong crowd so with little reward... a real nice composition and like that you kept the whole shadow on the ground too (y)

Thank you Dean for the comments, it is a shame on the reward for some of the buskers, as I think some are very good indeed :)

Hi Dave love your red arrows shot for Clean, they look absolutely stunning swooping through the sky like that.
For Curves I do like them all but I think the full on one of the pavilions is the one the catches my eye most, perfect for the theme with all those domes, what a fabulous looking place that is.
The busker for Occupation, nice find, as Stan mentioned it's the composition that makes it special.

Hi Dave love your red arrows shot for Clean, they look absolutely stunning swooping through the sky like that.
For Curves I do like them all but I think the full on one of the pavilions is the one the catches my eye most, perfect for the theme with all those domes, what a fabulous looking place that is.
The busker for Occupation, nice find, as Stan mentioned it's the composition that makes it special.

Thank you Susie for looking and the nice words, the pavilion can be a right pita sometimes to get it all straight :)

Good take on the theme and a lovely sharp photo, the blown background is only a tiny distraction because your dog has a great expression that draws the eye, I'd go with colour because I usually do but either works, well done.

Good take on the theme and a lovely sharp photo, the blown background is only a tiny distraction because your dog has a great expression that draws the eye, I'd go with colour because I usually do but either works, well done.

Thank you Chris, it was a case of Susie had to go in as weather is stopping me taking the camera out. A bit of a PITA for the blown bit though :)

Nice selection of arches Dave

#1 ticks the box for the theme but #3 is the pick for me, good effort in getting the angel to shine.

Hi Dave,

Occupation - Agree with Emma & David on trying to blur the background more. We'll let you off as it's a new camera ;)
Kudos for chatting to the chap rather than doing a shoot and run. Works nicely for the theme.

You - Nicely sharp on the eyes. Well exposed and that's a great mournful expression you've captured there. Either that or hopeful that you'll feed him some treats. I think I prefer the colour.

Arch - The archway is better for the theme, but #3 for me, I really like the effect you've gone for.
I'm not sure, but is the grey gravestone in front of the angel in sharper focus though?

Hi Dave,

Occupation - Agree with Emma & David on trying to blur the background more. We'll let you off as it's a new camera ;)
Kudos for chatting to the chap rather than doing a shoot and run. Works nicely for the theme.

You - Nicely sharp on the eyes. Well exposed and that's a great mournful expression you've captured there. Either that or hopeful that you'll feed him some treats. I think I prefer the colour.

Arch - The archway is better for the theme, but #3 for me, I really like the effect you've gone for.
I'm not sure, but is the grey gravestone in front of the angel in sharper focus though?

Thank you Tim for the comments, Susie had a treat after I took the photo. I think you are right about the grey gravestone being sharper too :)

Number 3 for me Dave. Is that torchlit or done in PP? Number one has nice textures but the overall impression is of a dark and gloomy area. The archangel is shot of the week for me:)

Hi Dave, I do like your busker image for Occupation.. As someone said already it doesn't look 100% sharp but I'm sure you were still getting used to your new camera. The man himself is a really interesting subject, but the icing on top is the way you've balanced the guitar case on one side and his shadow on the other. Cropping the shadow would definitely have spoiled that balance.

You is a lovely image with great eye contact. That's a really trusting and loving expression in her eyes, and I love the way her paws are crossed and her brow looks slightly creased as if she's wondering what you're doing :) They both work for me, but I prefer the colour version as you can see the browns in her coat and eyes.

Finally, I think Arch #3 is a cracker! #1 is perfect for the theme with interesting textures and colours, but the third one has lots of interest and your PP makes the angel stand out beautifully among the more subtle shapes around it. It draws the eye and works well because it's not too prominent in the scene (y)

Hi Dave, I do like your busker image for Occupation.. As someone said already it doesn't look 100% sharp but I'm sure you were still getting used to your new camera. The man himself is a really interesting subject, but the icing on top is the way you've balanced the guitar case on one side and his shadow on the other. Cropping the shadow would definitely have spoiled that balance.

You is a lovely image with great eye contact. That's a really trusting and loving expression in her eyes, and I love the way her paws are crossed and her brow looks slightly creased as if she's wondering what you're doing :) They both work for me, but I prefer the colour version as you can see the browns in her coat and eyes.

Finally, I think Arch #3 is a cracker! #1 is perfect for the theme with interesting textures and colours, but the third one has lots of interest and your PP makes the angel stand out beautifully among the more subtle shapes around it. It draws the eye and works well because it's not too prominent in the scene (y)

Thank you Andrea for the lovely comments. Sometimes I tend to shoot on f/8 too much as I did on the busker :)

Nice archway, with some good colour and texture. My OCD is screaming for better symmetry though. The right hand side has more bricks than the left, and the top as well.
Slight crop would square it up and make it perfect I think.

Last Angel is quite good, was that light painted ?

Nice archway, with some good colour and texture. My OCD is screaming for better symmetry though. The right hand side has more bricks than the left, and the top as well.
Slight crop would square it up and make it perfect I think.

Last Angel is quite good, was that light painted ?

Thank you Mark for the comment :) Once I got the archangel in LR6 I just knew how I was going to get a spotlight on it, all I did was use the Radial filter.

Back