weekly : Dave70D 52 for 2017 Week 52 WEATHER COMPLETED

My Reshoot is is COLOUR :) Then we have the worlds tallest observation tower in Brighton, the British Airways I360 is 500ft in HEIGHT, but the observation pod is only aloud to go up to 473ft in height giving the people fantastic views of the Great South Downs and along the coast too.

In Colour by David Ore, on Flickr

I360 500ft by David Ore, on Flickr

I360 by David Ore, on Flickr

That's a much more colourful shot.

Height
Obviously I know why you've gone for #1 (although it may need a smidgen of straightening), but i do like the second shot, it looks very sci fi like and that appeals to me.

That's a much more colourful shot.

Height
Obviously I know why you've gone for #1 (although it may need a smidgen of straightening), but i do like the second shot, it looks very sci fi like and that appeals to me.

Thank you Dominic for the nice words, for some reason it was a right PITA to straighten so just put it in as best as I could do :)

Second black and white for me Dave looks like something from a sci fi movie nice composition too

Hi Dave,

Colourful - It certainly is colourful. It could perhaps do with a little more tweaking of the left edge to straighten it a bit (transform tool would do the job I think) to counteract the perspective introduced by the pov of the camera.

Height - Why isn't it allowed to the top? Are they scared it'll do a Charlie & the Great Glass Elevator and escape?
I've not been to brighton in years, so maybe I'll have to check this out.
The B&W processing works well emphasising the silver colour of the metalwork and the glass.

Second black and white for me Dave looks like something from a sci fi movie nice composition too

Hi Dave,

Colourful - It certainly is colourful. It could perhaps do with a little more tweaking of the left edge to straighten it a bit (transform tool would do the job I think) to counteract the perspective introduced by the pov of the camera.

Height - Why isn't it allowed to the top? Are they scared it'll do a Charlie & the Great Glass Elevator and escape?
I've not been to brighton in years, so maybe I'll have to check this out.
The B&W processing works well emphasising the silver colour of the metalwork and the glass.

Long and straight like that is always hard to get dead on mate, good effort and a cool object for the theme... the B&W at the bottom is a super image I must say (y)

Height #2, I don't need to see the actual height because I know it's high and the figure adds scale.

Cheers.

Thank you folks for the nice comments :) Hi Tim health and safety stops them going the full 500ft, but you do get great views from 473ft.

That Height #2 I like very much :clap: ... like a futuristic illustration. Lucky to capture that lone figure standing there like that.

Height - Dr Freud might have something to say about number 1. For me number 2 is my favourite, you could title it Space Elevator and I'd believe it. The silver tones are fantastic.

You've posted some super shots since my last visit, Dave (y)

That's a good selection of images for Wood and I do like the colours and angles in the row of beach huts, but my favourite is the one titled 'Wood' as I like the position of the seat in the frame and it stands out nicely from the BG. It's an unusual subject, too.
Sorry to see you were feeling poorly for a couple of weeks so well done for posting images for Wall and Symmetry. They're not award winners but you did well to find something and keep up to date (y)
Worn - both images are full of lovely rusty colours and textures, but #2 is definitely my favourite with the rusty tones contrasting with the old green paint. That was a good find.
Colourful - I agree with some of the previous comments that #1 is lacking a focal point but it's still full of typical Autumn colours and tones and could probably even take a slight boost to bring them up a bit, and #2 - although not strikingly colourful - draws me in with the eye contact from the diners and then you notice the sign with all the different coloured letters, so it qualifies on that front :) There's definitely no disputing that the re-shoot is full of colour!
#2 is my favourite by a mile for Height. The first one shows the height of the structure, but photographically #2 works really well with the shapes and reflections. Including the figure is good for scale, and B&W was the right choice to bring out the details. Well seen (y)

Last edited:
You've posted some super shots since my last visit, Dave (y)

That's a good selection of images for Wood and I do like the colours and angles in the row of beach huts, but my favourite is the one titled 'Wood' as I like the position of the seat in the frame and it stands out nicely from the BG. It's an unusual subject, too.
Sorry to see you were feeling poorly for a couple of weeks so well done for posting images for Wall and Symmetry. They're not award winners but you did well to find something and keep up to date (y)
Worn - both images are full of lovely rusty colours and textures, but #2 is definitely my favourite with the rusty tones contrasting with the old green paint. That was a good find.
Colourful - I agree with some of the previous comments that #1 is lacking a focal point but it's still full of typical Autumn colours and tones and could probably even take a slight boost to bring them up a bit, and #2 - although not strikingly colourful - draws me in with the eye contact from the diners and then you notice the sign with all the different coloured letters, so it qualifies on that front :) There's definitely no disputing that the re-shoot is full of colour!
#2 is my favourite by a mile for Height. The first one shows the height of the structure, but photographically #2 works really well with the shapes and reflections. Including the figure is good for scale, and B&W was the right choice to bring out the details. Well seen (y)

Thank you Andrea for the lovely catch up, as soon as I saw the Height one I just knew it would be better in B&W :)

Today I managed to get some shots of the all new 4x4 Jaguar being put through it`s paces and it was great to see. Then on the way back I saw this person with their Remote control drone, I know it`s not a great shot but I live in town and I did not want to put a shot of the tv remote. Google helped me :) I gave up trying to clone out the shadow in the back.

Remote by David Ore, on Flickr

It's on theme Dave, and tbh, if I'd not been out and about I'd have been looking to light a TV remote, having not thought of this.
So, (y) for the less obvious remote choice :)
You should have a go at the cloning. I did a passable job on your post in <5mins having taken up the subtle challenge.

It's on theme Dave, and tbh, if I'd not been out and about I'd have been looking to light a TV remote, having not thought of this.
So, (y) for the less obvious remote choice :)
You should have a go at the cloning. I did a passable job on your post in <5mins having taken up the subtle challenge.

Thank you Tim, I kept taking out some of the ladies back, but I will have another go as I need to get better at editing.

Well spotted Dave. I find all that space on the left a bit distracting. Trying to think if a closer crop would work without losing the shadow. and yes the TV remote is incredibly tempting;)

Well spotted Dave. I find all that space on the left a bit distracting. Trying to think if a closer crop would work without losing the shadow. and yes the TV remote is incredibly tempting;)

Thank you John, it was quite a crop as only had the 18-55mm on, but do agree I could of taken more off the LHS :)

I don't mind the space but the sloping BG you should maybe have taken a few steps to the left and got really square on

Ha, as soon as I saw Height. I knew exactly where you would be heading Dave,lol...
Both great shots, but the b/w edges it for me for the sci fi feel....
Remote is also a good spot....

I really like the composition you used for remote, good photo

Ha, as soon as I saw Height. I knew exactly where you would be heading Dave,lol...
Both great shots, but the b/w edges it for me for the sci fi feel....
Remote is also a good spot....

Thank you both for the comments, just managed to sort out my laptops at long last, now trying to get over a trapped nerve in my shoulder.

Most unusual. (y) But that shadow is a bit annoying.

Here's quick edit ... a bit difficult when the back of his jacket is not clearly defined. A slight crop too.

CCoxEL3iGS_BnvlO_r0tZb0ofXJaVhdt6bQ685ynUmpfFDaGKAsMnXSw52X-y4KgqDTSTMnjcbfWOHhaQtF0BytWqqVedz6HoI6EdrKk2ErDq_s3cKLNd0Nr8wSdfZbKSj8Xm3-pNI0OpcjGV213Rf7moqj1zEY65fX1EpAlRjiGy93vc9VkNuc7mgH_JGuGwgK_ab85XdRK8PVy7_pL1wX2debAXr9HWisX7Q31mjqNPPAZuEzud1h4PpMRlIkQCqBTFJimGpCO2J3rGkVfF1_ME3eMU5F-pTzx1mgzQXgsbZ_TSZmFFImvIn4ee7O2ga-P_Ho5Uf7SDbAPGPABwdVxdaxXlty0EPWqu7JT0Mo9YNsW7LC7U4UrsC995p-sUDJS4pf6kTCFCO7f6GNuDbyq0IuR21xSSOhcboAv3huoUwN069LBYp1rSJHPhEG6Iwl4Z6ekrt9dJzvaucrcEwH1GR7AZpLu30u2vL-5I8z62Z5F8Av2mstJ9fUtM-vK4-_7FEqGstp1Hx4hlZFR69Nsofh_SJ60aQ2oP9-bntxiUSr2O5q0ykofpEwELhuc3m9lQW2X69rtL2XiVLq0OuEpS3X8rttdbN86xJGBmdV4U6LCQwmZZcTg-_a_j0IBtYO48EDOMaX_t8p-qhE0MCMzXY51tLHOhRw=w1047-h750-no

Oh woops ... I've just seen your avatar Dave ... "Edit My Images: No" .... :exit:

Nice shoot for the theme Dave

Back