weekly : Dave70D 52 for 2017 Week 52 WEATHER COMPLETED

A hairy Sparrow, can do better. Don't you have a dog, dogs have beautiful eye lashes I belive.;)

Well... what can I say, a birds with feathers and a cat with fur, 10/10 for variety and determination :D

Thank you Dean, I did not want to put another pic of Susie in, totally forgot on the bird with feathers, but most cat owners will say, we had to clean all the cat hair off the couch :)

Thank you Dean, I did not want to put another pic of Susie in, totally forgot on the bird with feathers, but most cat owners will say, we had to clean all the cat hair off the couch :)
Ahhhhhh good thinking mate, I stand corrected :) (y)

This could get confusing you having a cat called Susie :)

I do agree about them needing a slight lift Dave, it's surprising what just a touch can do, but they are two good photos, lots of lovely detail in them both, really like the way your cat is face on looking straight at you.

Thank you Susie, we only have our Jack Chi called Susie, no cats as Susie HATES them, that was a neighbours cat looking for birds as I call him Killer, so normally get get my water spray for him :punch:

That's a lovely looking shell David - not seen one like it. Stands out against that plain black bg - excellent take.

Interesting shell Dave, good choice of background, they work well together.

A bit of a grounding issue, looks floaty a little, but thats being a tad harsh, its hard with black backgrounds nice subject for the theme

Nice prop, looks smooth, nice set-up and capture. (y)

I like the way it fades into the black background - a very beautiful shell.

Interesting shell Dave, good choice of background, they work well together.

A bit of a grounding issue, looks floaty a little, but thats being a tad harsh, its hard with black backgrounds nice subject for the theme

Thank you for the nice words folks, was pretty happy that it came out just how I wanted :)

Last edited:
Great photo! Nice shell and good deep black background. Well lit too.

Lovely shell and nice detail.

I always ponder when objects appear to be floating, might have placed it on a reflective surface, but overall, well composed.

Cheers.

Id liked to have a little more light on the shell to allow a bit more detail in the shell to show through,but thats nitpicking really.

Lovely shell and nice detail.

I always ponder when objects appear to be floating, might have placed it on a reflective surface, but overall, well composed.

Thank you Andy, I did think about a reflective surface, but thought the floating shot just nicked it :)

Cheers.

Nice subject for smooth. Beautiful patterns and a well lit shot.

Thank you Stan :)

Id liked to have a little more light on the shell to allow a bit more detail in the shell to show through,but thats nitpicking really.

Thank you Mark, I do agree on a little more light, but was afraid I might bring out the foam core board :)

Last edited:
Got to love a macro, I really like the combination of the black and white shell on black background. Makes the white colours pop out more vividly and some nice detail in the pointy end of the shell as well. Good idea for the theme too.

Got to love a macro, I really like the combination of the black and white shell on black background. Makes the white colours pop out more vividly and some nice detail in the pointy end of the shell as well. Good idea for the theme too.

Thank you Dom for the nice CC :)

Yep a very nice looking shell, I agree with Andy on the placement but still really well lit, and a good solid black background :)

Thank you too DK, I do like this foam core board and will learn with it :)

But not taken with the 70D though Dave...
The diagonal placement works and you've achieved a strong black background.
Taken at f/14 so no matter how much smaller you make the aperture, without stacking you're not going to get tack sharp focus across the whole object, but it is suitably sharp.
I'm going to ask why iso 400? You've evidently on a tripod as it was a 10sec exposure, so why not iso 100 and 40 seconds?

But not taken with the 70D though Dave...
The diagonal placement works and you've achieved a strong black background.
Taken at f/14 so no matter how much smaller you make the aperture, without stacking you're not going to get tack sharp focus across the whole object, but it is suitably sharp.
I'm going to ask why iso 400? You've evidently on a tripod as it was a 10sec exposure, so why not iso 100 and 40 seconds?

Thank you Tim, I forgot it was on 400 iso, yes it was on my mini trippod. When I do shots like this on the tripod I always use Aperture mode, normally between f/8 up to f/22. I would use the 70D, but don`t want to keep changing lens, so that`s where the 1100D comes in handy.

Last edited:
Back