weekly Fuji Dave`s Weekly 52 Challenge 2020 WEEK 52 DECORATIONS

Dave,
What size did you upload to Flickr at? I can only see 800x763 available.
Yet you've posted it on the forum at 1024x976.

I ask because the version on Flickr looks sharper than the one on the forum, and given the size on flickr, you're asking the forum to extrapolate data that isn't there.

Anyway... Nicely focused on Suzie's eye and she looks as sharp and alert as normal :)
I think I would push the exposure up (or maybe just the whites) as it feels a bit muted/dull to my eyes.
Where did you light her from? I can't work it out from the catchlights in her eye.

2 cracking images for Pleasure Dave I like them both equally so son't pick a favorite.. Susie has either heard walkies or the postman has just turned up with your delivery:ROFLMAO:

It's amazing how much pleasure a pet can bring you we always had dogs when I lived at home but when I moved out for 10 years I had nothing until early last year when we adopted a rescue Cat we now have 2 and I couldn't image life without them even if they do get up early to feed them and have my bed (sorry their bed back)

Dave,
What size did you upload to Flickr at? I can only see 800x763 available.
Yet you've posted it on the forum at 1024x976.

I ask because the version on Flickr looks sharper than the one on the forum, and given the size on flickr, you're asking the forum to extrapolate data that isn't there.

Anyway... Nicely focused on Suzie's eye and she looks as sharp and alert as normal :)
I think I would push the exposure up (or maybe just the whites) as it feels a bit muted/dull to my eyes.
Where did you light her from? I can't work it out from the catchlights in her eye.

Thank you Tim and I agree that they look sharper on Flickr, I resized both to 1200 on the longest side then uploaded to Flickr so I think I will stop resizing now.
I bounced the flask off the ceiling.

Last edited:
2 cracking images for Pleasure Dave I like them both equally so son't pick a favorite.. Susie has either heard walkies or the postman has just turned up with your delivery:ROFLMAO:

It's amazing how much pleasure a pet can bring you we always had dogs when I lived at home but when I moved out for 10 years I had nothing until early last year when we adopted a rescue Cat we now have 2 and I couldn't image life without them even if they do get up early to feed them and have my bed (sorry their bed back)

Thank you Mark, I just love taking photos of Susie.

That's kinda interesting, as the largest size available on flickr was 800x763 (there was a 1024x976 listed, but it was greyed out).
Do you have some other setting on flickr restricting the size?

Not that I know of, as have never touched any thing else in Flickr so it is strange.

First one for me Dave, just a slight shame the top of her ear is lost in the darkness. Nice shot though :)

Black and white for me Dave (y)

She's lovely! I prefer the colour with the plain background - her colour shows really well and its very crisp. Shame about the ear :)

Glad to see you're still enjoying Susie :) She looks to be a very patient model.

I like the first one best as she stands out against the background more and I love the catchlights.

Both lovely shots of Susie, Dave. She poses really well. Number one is my favourite as the background isn't as distracting as the mono version.

Lovely images Dave, I can't pick which I prefer to be honest. She looks like a lovely pooch, full of character no doubt ;)

Love your images Dave. Prefer your 2nd local interest image. In your 1st image the interest is in the cloisters part so I would of concentrated on that personally. Loving your doggy pictures. Completely fits the theme.

Thank you Dave for the comments and yes I agree on the cloisters part as I should of got closer and maybe tried a different angle.

Ahh little Suzie! Animals give us so much pleasure and I tried to get one of our cats showing off his tummy earlier in the week but he gets very suspicious of the camera so that was a fail - he just looked angry :) Suzie is clearly a happy model.

Of the two images, I prefer the colour one as the background is less distracting than the B&W one, although it's a shame about her ear in the darkness but you already know that. Also it looks a little bit 'fuzzy' here whereas on Flickr it looks really sharp but I can see Tim has already mentioned it so hopefully you get to the bottom of it.

Ahh little Suzie! Animals give us so much pleasure and I tried to get one of our cats showing off his tummy earlier in the week but he gets very suspicious of the camera so that was a fail - he just looked angry :) Suzie is clearly a happy model.

Of the two images, I prefer the colour one as the background is less distracting than the B&W one, although it's a shame about her ear in the darkness but you already know that. Also it looks a little bit 'fuzzy' here whereas on Flickr it looks really sharp but I can see Tim has already mentioned it so hopefully you get to the bottom of it.

Thank you Andrea, it is a shame I could not use the dodge/burn tool for Susie`s ear.

Back