weekly Fuji Dave`s Weekly 52 Challenge 2020 WEEK 52 DECORATIONS

Nicely done Dave. I like both the mono and colour versions. I think the colour shades it for me because of the rust and the blue sky.

Hi Dave70D, so whilst the rest of us try to capture and image you out do us and go for the hat trick..
I love the mono image of the museum and think it is in-keeping with the "old" tools, did you convert the winch on the beach into mono? even if only to see how it looked? I would be keen to see that one in mono.
I like the vibe of Brighton for street photography, the artwork and graffiti on the buildings, the people down on the front playing basketball, frisbee and doing tricks on skateboards. I need to come over before the summer hoards decend upon us. Cracking photo's, thumbs up from me.

Hi Dave70D, so whilst the rest of us try to capture and image you out do us and go for the hat trick..
I love the mono image of the museum and think it is in-keeping with the "old" tools, did you convert the winch on the beach into mono? even if only to see how it looked? I would be keen to see that one in mono.
I like the vibe of Brighton for street photography, the artwork and graffiti on the buildings, the people down on the front playing basketball, frisbee and doing tricks on skateboards. I need to come over before the summer hoards decend upon us. Cracking photo's, thumbs up from me.

Thank you @Gritty for the nice comments, I did try and edit the beach one in B&W but did not like it so then tried the main one and loved it.

It looks like a lovely day in Brighton, Dave. They are three nice images showing a good variety of tools, but your main choice is the one that works best for this theme. The composition draws the eye into and through the scene and your processing successfully gives it a vintage look and atmosphere. Really good choice (y)

It looks like a lovely day in Brighton, Dave. They are three nice images showing a good variety of tools, but your main choice is the one that works best for this theme. The composition draws the eye into and through the scene and your processing successfully gives it a vintage look and atmosphere. Really good choice (y)

Thank you Andrea.

As soon as I saw what the theme was, it was down to the beach again for me today even though the weather was grotty. X-E3 + XF18mm f2 and three shots from today.

In need of TLC by Dave, on Flickr

The Chain Gang by Dave, on Flickr

Wrecked by Dave, on Flickr

Three good choices for the theme there, Dave. The second is ideal for the theme and B&W always works well for things like wood but the other two are my favourites; #3 because it is perfect for the theme and makes you wonder how the bow of a boat ends up leaning against a wall, but I agree with your main choice of #1 as it's clearly been discarded for some reason but put to great use in a second 'career', and there's good colour and textures from the pebble beach to contrast with the greenery inside the hull. We have one like that in our village and I wish I had thought of it :D

Three good choices for the theme there, Dave. The second is ideal for the theme and B&W always works well for things like wood but the other two are my favourites; #3 because it is perfect for the theme and makes you wonder how the bow of a boat ends up leaning against a wall, but I agree with your main choice of #1 as it's clearly been discarded for some reason but put to great use in a second 'career', and there's good colour and textures from the pebble beach to contrast with the greenery inside the hull. We have one like that in our village and I wish I had thought of it :D

Thank you Andrea, it took me a while to figure out what one to put in the main thread too.

Great set of shots for the theme Dave, I couldn't pick a favourite I like them all

That's a cracking picture, excellent composition which suits the square crop perfectly.

Number 1 would be my choice, but they are all great. Lovely shots mate :)

Hi Dave

Wk1 I prefer the 2nd shot, the statue against the blue sky (the limited colours are just right) works very well, you know the point of the Image, with the Pavilion, there is no single point of interest and its a tiny winy bit cockeyed.
Wk2, Superb colour shot of Susie, I like the black background which apparently hides the the stuff shown in the B&W image.
Wk3, I Like the colours of the first shot, and the tones in the B&W shot, Plenty of detail to look at. For the 3rd one they look a bit static.
Wk4, Again, I like the colours for the 1st Image, there is a strange pinkish blur at the right hand end of the boat. In the B&W Image the tones are close together for the brick wall and the wood. The 3rd Image I think is the best. Must have been a bad storm to get the boat there. Loads of detail in the boat, the paving slabs and the bricks. I guess the stone work behind the boat should be vertical.

Pete

The overgrown boat for me, Dave! Great idea.

Hi Dave

Wk1 I prefer the 2nd shot, the statue against the blue sky (the limited colours are just right) works very well, you know the point of the Image, with the Pavilion, there is no single point of interest and its a tiny winy bit cockeyed.
Wk2, Superb colour shot of Susie, I like the black background which apparently hides the the stuff shown in the B&W image.
Wk3, I Like the colours of the first shot, and the tones in the B&W shot, Plenty of detail to look at. For the 3rd one they look a bit static.
Wk4, Again, I like the colours for the 1st Image, there is a strange pinkish blur at the right hand end of the boat. In the B&W Image the tones are close together for the brick wall and the wood. The 3rd Image I think is the best. Must have been a bad storm to get the boat there. Loads of detail in the boat, the paving slabs and the bricks. I guess the stone work behind the boat should be vertical.

Pete

Thank you Pete, I did clone an old rusty tool so the pink bit might of been that.

Perfect subject(s) - they all work for the theme, but #3 hits it for me. Really nicely shot and exposed, and tells more of a story (or at least asks more questions...) than the others.

Perfect subject(s) - they all work for the theme, but #3 hits it for me. Really nicely shot and exposed, and tells more of a story (or at least asks more questions...) than the others.

Thank you Alex.

Loving your discarded picture. Bang on theme.

Thank you Dave.

That's great work Dave, all three are top notch images!:clap:

I'm hard pushed to pick a favourite - your posted image is a great choice for the main thread, but any of them would be also.
#1 is rich in colour and a perfect composition - great find too with the greenery inside the boat!
#2 is wonderfully processed and really suits the b&w treatment...what a curious object to find lying around!
#3 I just love this...who would discard half a boat on the footpath...and what happened to the other half? So many questions!!:LOL:
Great work as always Dave...but where's the band? Did I miss something?!:p

That's great work Dave, all three are top notch images!:clap:

I'm hard pushed to pick a favourite - your posted image is a great choice for the main thread, but any of them would be also.
#1 is rich in colour and a perfect composition - great find too with the greenery inside the boat!
#2 is wonderfully processed and really suits the b&w treatment...what a curious object to find lying around!
#3 I just love this...who would discard half a boat on the footpath...and what happened to the other half? So many questions!!:LOL:
Great work as always Dave...but where's the band? Did I miss something?!:p

Thank you Gareth for the nice words, they are all bands Roy Wood :D

:D:wave:
OH and you can have the S Club 7 CDs back too :banana:

S Club 7?
Why on earth you wanted to borrow them in the first place is puzzling, but thanks anyway.:LOL:

Oh, and what about your Justin Bieber CDs?

Hmm...hang on....:facepalm:

You know what?...this conversation has badly backfired on both of us!!:LOL::LOL::LOL:

S Club 7?
Why on earth you wanted to borrow them in the first place is puzzling, but thanks anyway.:LOL:

Oh, and what about your Justin Bieber CDs?

Hmm...hang on....:facepalm:

You know what?...this conversation has badly backfired on both of us!!:LOL::LOL::LOL:

Agree we are best to stop now (y) On a good note as Right said Fred... I`m too sexy for my shirt :facepalm::exit:

3 great shots there they all work well for the theme, although maybe the first is re-purposed rather than discarded i still like it though.

I like all the shots but #2 is my preference for the theme... or possibly my penchant for mono images.

I like the first one best Dave. Nicely composed and I love that the discarded boat has a new lease of life.

3 great shots Dave and you've made good use of the XE3 you've restricted yourself to this week.
I tend to agree with Andrea that #2 is a better fit for the theme, 1 & 3 seem more 'upcycled' :) (God I've been watching too much daytime TV!!!)
But I prefer the colours / lighting of #1&3.

3 great shots Dave and you've made good use of the XE3 you've restricted yourself to this week.
I tend to agree with Andrea that #2 is a better fit for the theme, 1 & 3 seem more 'upcycled' :) (God I've been watching too much daytime TV!!!)
But I prefer the colours / lighting of #1&3.

Thanks Tim, I think it should of been the mono one I put in the main thread.

Back