weekly Fuji Dave`s Weekly 52 Challenge 2020 WEEK 52 DECORATIONS

Very nice silhouette shot of the lamp, the starburst is well placed and adds to the image. :)

It's the teasel image for me, really like the colours and, as has been said, it's pin sharp. The lamp shot is nice too, I just prefer the first.

Discarded - nice detail and colour in the teasle and the rustic background suits it
Silhouette - That works and you got a starburst

Two nice squirrel shots you've captured there, Dave. Very sharp and detail for a 50mm lens. Are there any reds around your area? Red squirrel populations are increasing in a small woodland just outside Aberdeen here.

Thank you Stan, the only Red squirrel I have seen here was about 10 years ago in the woods.

They're great squirrel pictures, excellent clarity. You must have been pretty close to get those with a 50mm.

They're great squirrel pictures, excellent clarity. You must have been pretty close to get those with a 50mm.
Great squirrels - and in guessing it was either very chilly, or its been a good winter for nuts!
2 nice squirrel shots, or as we call them live targets!
I prefer the colour shot as it shows those nice browns.
I agree both squirrel shots are good, I like the colour one best.

Thank you folks, yesterday was quite a warm day so the squirrels were out. The one in the main thread was right in front of me and the mono was a crop.

A couple of nice images Dave, you did well to capture them so close (they must be quite used to humans where you are).

Hi Dave70D,
Playing catch up today... I loved the simplicity and minimalism of the teasel. It is beautifully crisp and the colours standing out against the background.
Squirrels are a favourite of mine too, good take on the Wild theme, that little fat chappie is obviously enjoying the food and your attentions as he shows you his best side. To have got a shot that close so beautifully in focus with a 50mm must mean your squirrels are very tame over there. Very nice photos, thumbs up from me.

A couple of nice images Dave, you did well to capture them so close (they must be quite used to humans where you are).
Hi Dave70D,
Playing catch up today... I loved the simplicity and minimalism of the teasel. It is beautifully crisp and the colours standing out against the background.
Squirrels are a favourite of mine too, good take on the Wild theme, that little fat chappie is obviously enjoying the food and your attentions as he shows you his best side. To have got a shot that close so beautifully in focus with a 50mm must mean your squirrels are very tame over there. Very nice photos, thumbs up from me.

Thank you both, they are quite tame as they got so use to folk throwing nuts down for them.

Nice squirrel shots Dave, colour one for me as I like the browns on his head and tail. Pity you did not have a toy saxophone with you, his little paws are just waiting to hold one and you could have had that jazz shot shoehorned in :)

Nice squirrel shots Dave, colour one for me as I like the browns on his head and tail. Pity you did not have a toy saxophone with you, his little paws are just waiting to hold one and you could have had that jazz shot shoehorned in :)

Thank you Paul, could have one on a mini sax and the other on mini drums (y):D

Like the first pose Dave it's as though he is saying "Who? Me?

:D

Love your squirrel shots Dave. I prefer the pose on the second one but the colour in the first! We have a small population of reds in the woods behind my house but quite a large population of greys. There is a sheltered housing complex on the corner next the woods and some of the residents leave out nuts on their windowsills so I quite often see the squirrels climbing across the harling to get them.

Love your squirrel shots Dave. I prefer the pose on the second one but the colour in the first! We have a small population of reds in the woods behind my house but quite a large population of greys. There is a sheltered housing complex on the corner next the woods and some of the residents leave out nuts on their windowsills so I quite often see the squirrels climbing across the harling to get them.

Thank you Joan, love it if we had just the Reds here.

I had an idea for the broken theme but needed a sunny day, today was just right as blue skies so jumped on the bus and got to the beach, but then the sky went a horrible grey/white so I still got my shot plus a bonus one on the way home.

West Pier Ruins by Dave, on Flickr

Broken by Dave, on Flickr

Back