weekly Daves 2018 TP 52 WEEK 52 SHOWCASE COMPLETED

Abundance - Nicely set up I just prefer the the Mono version

Heavy - Great take on the theme wish my scales said that when I stand on them!

Excellent idea for the theme, symmetrica too but can't help but think a splash of colour would boost it, ie bright red socks.

Heavy

Long gone are the days that I weighed under 11st.

I think i like this I black and white.

Thank you folks for the comments.

Nice shots Dave. I prefer the one in colour, the mono shot is a little dark for me and I like the colour of the water in the first shot

Colour for me too. I like that you can see the droplets of spray, seems right for the theme.

Abundance - Well composed and arranged, I prefer the colour version
Heavy - Great idea, it might be even better with a splash of colour, and who steps on the scales with their shoes on? :D
Wet - The colour version! The B&W looks a bit flat to me

Your colour "Wet" shot for me Sir, good idea and certainly on theme.(y)

George.

Oh dear, I prefer the mono! Really like the background and the little reflections or ripples at the back of the shot.

I am not really sure what juxtaposition means even after looking at numerous definitions so I will take your explanation as for the pic I might have taken the pics separately and made the left hand figure a similar size to the other one wouldn’t bother with the black and white/colour thing

I am not really sure what juxtaposition means even after looking at numerous definitions so I will take your explanation as for the pic I might have taken the pics separately and made the left hand figure a similar size to the other one wouldn’t bother with the black and white/colour thing

Thank you Allan, I looked all over Google for different takes and got lost on them too, one that sticks to mind is. A photo of a horse and rider being led down a mountain path, juxtaposition of the scale of the mountain and folk against the backdrop, so my shot is on male/female power and size scale juxtaposition :eek::confused:

I think you've done well with these Juxtaposition shots Sir, they are certainly on theme and in keeping with the meaning of the word.(y)

George.

A catch-up from me Dave, as I haven't been looking at other threads while trying to get my own up to date so you've added four since my last visit. Time flies!

Abundance is very effective and conveys the theme very well. You can't go wrong with a load of shiny things on a black background :D and I think I just prefer the contrast and tones of the B&W version, although the warm tones of the other version also work well.
Heavy is simple and definitely effective in meeting the theme, and mono works well to concentrate the eye straight on the dial.
Wet - I prefer the colour version because of the lovely blues. The B&W looks quite flat and doesn't work so well for me, but both capture the life in the moving water.
Juxtaposition is a tricky theme, and I remember the debate when it came up a few years ago too. I think it's mainly about contrast and difference and you've conveyed that here with the male/female thing as well as a clear contrast in size and also the power aspect you mention in your text (y)

Well thought out for the trickiest theme so far :)

A catch-up from me Dave, as I haven't been looking at other threads while trying to get my own up to date so you've added four since my last visit. Time flies!

Abundance is very effective and conveys the theme very well. You can't go wrong with a load of shiny things on a black background :D and I think I just prefer the contrast and tones of the B&W version, although the warm tones of the other version also work well.
Heavy is simple and definitely effective in meeting the theme, and mono works well to concentrate the eye straight on the dial.
Wet - I prefer the colour version because of the lovely blues. The B&W looks quite flat and doesn't work so well for me, but both capture the life in the moving water.
Juxtaposition is a tricky theme, and I remember the debate when it came up a few years ago too. I think it's mainly about contrast and difference and you've conveyed that here with the male/female thing as well as a clear contrast in size and also the power aspect you mention in your text (y)

Thank you Andrea for looking and the catch up comments.

Wet - I like the colour version much more than the black and white.
Juxtaposition - I prefer the all colour version to the selective black and white

Back