weekly Daves 2018 TP 52 WEEK 52 SHOWCASE COMPLETED

Unattractive - Well done for grabbing a quick image for the theme, sorry i am late on catching up with comments.
Shadow - all three images fit the theme but the first image is the strongest of the lots for me for its composition.
Beautiful - I can't see the flower shot, but the pic of the dog works well for the theme.
Low - a different take on the theme but can't fault either image the horses look beautiful.
Match - a good simple take on the theme, the first image for me not to keen on the BG though.

Unattractive - Well done for grabbing a quick image for the theme, sorry i am late on catching up with comments.
Shadow - all three images fit the theme but the first image is the strongest of the lots for me for its composition.
Beautiful - I can't see the flower shot, but the pic of the dog works well for the theme.
Low - a different take on the theme but can't fault either image the horses look beautiful.
Match - a good simple take on the theme, the first image for me not to keen on the BG though.

Thank you Mandy for looking and the comments.

Beautiful - She is a beautiful dog, but as others I'm not sure about the black background
Low - The first one. Well composed, good light and right on theme
Match - The first one again, with the flame symmetric above the head. Grey background works really well, lots of detail in the match and the flame (y)

Match is good - No1 - I'd have preferred a black BG I think though.

Beautiful - She is a beautiful dog, but as others I'm not sure about the black background
Low - The first one. Well composed, good light and right on theme
Match - The first one again, with the flame symmetric above the head. Grey background works really well, lots of detail in the match and the flame (y)

Match is good - No1 - I'd have preferred a black BG I think though.

Yea. Great details in the match and no blown highlights.

Match is spot on, nice and sharp, good flame.

Thank you folks for looking and the comments.

Hi Dave :).

Match is very good indeed, very straight to the point, I like how close you got to the subject.

But Susie the model, that pic rocks! Great portrait!

Match shot is nicely exposed, BUT for me, the match isnt straight or central or even on thirds.....Nitpicking of Herts.....lol

Hi Dave :).

Match is very good indeed, very straight to the point, I like how close you got to the subject.

But Susie the model, that pic rocks! Great portrait!

Thank you Tom for the comment.

Match shot is nicely exposed, BUT for me, the match isnt straight or central or even on thirds.....Nitpicking of Herts.....lol

Thank you Mark for looking and the comment.

Match shot certainly works for me Sir, and obviously bang on theme.(y)

George.

I do a lot of the London to Brighton Runs, but had always forgot about the London to Brighton Mini Run. So for the theme, it was Music to my Ears to go down and watch some of these great cars coming in to town. This mini had stopped at the traffic lights, edited in C1 plus Affinity Photo. I give you Music to my Ears, and not even a shoe horn.

London to Brighton Mini Run by Dave, on Flickr

London to Brighton Mini Run by Dave, on Flickr

Last edited:
Dave

Match, You have the match and flame in focus, well done I don't think it would have been easy before the match goes out.

Music, a different take on the Theme and I agree with you, love the old minis, my first car. You could try converting to B&W as it's nearly there already.

Pete

Dave

Match, You have the match and flame in focus, well done I don't think it would have been easy before the match goes out.

Music, a different take on the Theme and I agree with you, love the old minis, my first car. You could try converting to B&W as it's nearly there already.

Pete

Thank you Pete for the comment, just added it in B&W.

Better in B&W I think. I had an 'E' reg (or was it 'D') many years ago but I expect it has long since been reduced to it's component atoms by now. Amazes me how they keep these things going.

Better in B&W I think. I had an 'E' reg (or was it 'D') many years ago but I expect it has long since been reduced to it's component atoms by now. Amazes me how they keep these things going.

Thank you Martin for the comment and looking, @Downton Mini is an expert at these cars and doing them up.

Music; Nop, not a shoehorn indeed but a very big one instead. Could do with a polariser filter to cut out the reflection in the windscreen.

Hard; Like the fork image, nice reflection and the pure black background.

Thank you Stan for the comment. Music to my ears= something that is very pleasant or gratifying to hear or discover.

music - like its been said a polariser would have helped with the reflections, but damn thats a fine looking mini.

hard - the fork image really is great man. the glasses.. meh. but i love the fork shot.

Thank you Ross for the comments and for looking, it was a grotty foggy day so did not think to take a polariser but will do next time.

Lovely old Mini, love the pipes coming out through the grill. I bet it sounded hot.

Liking the glasses case for hard. :)

Can’t really add anything to what’s been said, if you are happy with them that’s all that matters

Colour mini for me, owned a couple myself many years ago.

The hard case is perhaps a bit more obvious for the theme but I like the fork shot, good reflection.

Match - well this was my first thought for the theme (i went left field shoe horn instead!) the first one just edges it for me as the flame is more in the center.

Music - Lovely image prefer the B&W (i tried getting a image of this one for Low but couldn't get the composition right! I wish there was a couple of long tunnels on route just to hear the various exhaust notes echoing around!
@sunnyside_up sadly speedwell no longer exist but you can by replica badges (or genuine old ones if you have deep enough pockets!)

Hard - Love the reflection and lighting on the fork, and a nice simple image with the glass case I like the slight angle you've positioned it at adds a little something extra to the image.

Match - well this was my first thought for the theme (i went left field shoe horn instead!) the first one just edges it for me as the flame is more in the center.

Music - Lovely image prefer the B&W (i tried getting a image of this one for Low but couldn't get the composition right! I wish there was a couple of long tunnels on route just to hear the various exhaust notes echoing around!
@sunnyside_up sadly speedwell no longer exist but you can by replica badges (or genuine old ones if you have deep enough pockets!)

Hard - Love the reflection and lighting on the fork, and a nice simple image with the glass case I like the slight angle you've positioned it at adds a little something extra to the image.

Thank you Mark for the comments and for looking.

I think your comment was for @ShinySideUp ...not me. :)

Nice critters!

Back