weekly Daves 2018 TP 52 WEEK 52 SHOWCASE COMPLETED

Nice play on words and bang on theme Dave. You'd better hope they are thick too, being scaffolding planks

Guard I like the mono shot, a nice graphic image, and on theme.

Thick-On theme, nice idea, though I find the background is a bit distracting.

I nearly shot that for the theme but wasn't sure if it was just an northern expression, sorry to hear you are still not feeling good but well done for getting out and shooting something. Great choice of subject for the theme :)

I nearly shot that for the theme but wasn't sure if it was just an northern expression, sorry to hear you are still not feeling good but well done for getting out and shooting something. Great choice of subject for the theme :)

Thank you Chris for the comment, we have a lot of scaffolding up here as some folk are getting new gutters, so just went out back and snap.

Spot on for the theme and well spotted. My options have been reduced by around 80% by tonight's posts.

Thank you Lee, as it is your 52 still do the same, I would :)

@Dave70D Git! I just thought of that idea tonight......

Nicely done sir.

Thank you Mark, had to go a long way for this shot, just out back :D

Oh yes, brilliant.

Guard - the clippers in B&W, great photo and they look like they could be used to torture someone as well (y)

Thick - the boards are right on theme, but I'm not convinced you got the best PoV possible...

Hi Dave,
Guard - I agree, the mono shot is the stronger of the two, the colour shot is too clinical.
Thick - works for the theme for me :) Good to see a bit of blue sky there. Plenty of detail in the planks.

Thank you Tim for the comment.

Guard - the clippers in B&W, great photo and they look like they could be used to torture someone as well (y)

Thick - the boards are right on theme, but I'm not convinced you got the best PoV possible...

Thank you Bernd for the comment, the planks were about 10 ft above me.

"we have a lot of scaffolding up here as some folk are getting new gutters".

Same out our back garden, bang on Thick theme. I can see great detail in the planks just as in real life.

"we have a lot of scaffolding up here as some folk are getting new gutters".

Same out our back garden, bang on Thick theme. I can see great detail in the planks just as in real life.

Thank you Walter for the comment.

Dave

Very Clever.

Pete

Thank you too Pete for the comment.

OMG two short planks works for me! .... slightly OOF stuff above, blue sky and light from below. (y)

Both your "Thick" shots work for me Sir, the two planks is very creative and well presented, with the snow shot showing good detail in the snow and good on you for keeping it white which is not always easy to do.(y)

George.

Both your "Thick" shots work for me Sir, the two planks is very creative and well presented, with the snow shot showing good detail in the snow and good on you for keeping it white which is not always easy to do.(y)

George.

Thank you George for the comment and for looking :)

Thick clever idea Dave I would have preferred the background to be more out of focus but thats just me.

Hi Dave, Desperately trying to a big catch up on comments!

Over - Overgrown for me, it was a bit of a toss up btwn that and the tree lined path but I think that might be better with some leaves on the trees
Age - Two good ones but the grumpy man did make me laugh. He looks really cheesed off about something
Sharp - I like the teasel shot best for this theme. Nice colours and reflection but I would have liked to have all the teasel head in the shot
Guard - Good choice for guard and I like the mono version best, not keen on the pic bg in the colour image
Thick - Another good one and it made me laugh too

:D

Thick - both work for the theme, and i like your play on words for the first Image. But your quick image with the snow just edges it for me as I like snow. I think you have done well with the exposure on that image and the snow looks nice and white.

Hi Dave, Desperately trying to a big catch up on comments!

Over - Overgrown for me, it was a bit of a toss up btwn that and the tree lined path but I think that might be better with some leaves on the trees
Age - Two good ones but the grumpy man did make me laugh. He looks really cheesed off about something
Sharp - I like the teasel shot best for this theme. Nice colours and reflection but I would have liked to have all the teasel head in the shot
Guard - Good choice for guard and I like the mono version best, not keen on the pic bg in the colour image
Thick - Another good one and it made me laugh too

:D

Thank you Georgina for the comments and for looking :)

Thick - both work for the theme, and i like your play on words for the first Image. But your quick image with the snow just edges it for me as I like snow. I think you have done well with the exposure on that image and the snow looks nice and white.

Thank you too Mandy for the comment and for looking :)

So got my head together this morning for my abundance shot. Using two of my black acrylic I put an abundance of paper clips on the perplex set the X-T2 up on my mini tripod and used the light coming in from the kitchen window, one colour and one b&w.

Abundance of paper clips by Dave, on Flickr

Abundance of clips by Dave, on Flickr

Like it Dave. Well thought out, Well staged and imo good lighting and processing

black and white one for me Dave very similar to the pile of pins someone can’t remember who put in good idea though

B&W for me too Dave, looks more natural to me. Like the subtle reflections too; you have to work to see them but they add perspective to the shot.

I didn't realise the B&W was mono until I read you comment but I think that's the pick for me. Just the right amount of reflection to ground the image and quite often all it needs is a bit of window light which works really well here, very good take on the theme

B&W for me too Dave, looks more natural to me. Like the subtle reflections too; you have to work to see them but they add perspective to the shot.

Thank you John for the comment.

I didn't realise the B&W was mono until I read you comment but I think that's the pick for me. Just the right amount of reflection to ground the image and quite often all it needs is a bit of window light which works really well here, very good take on the theme

Thank you too Chris, I was not 100% with the colour so did a mono of it and liked that more.

Back