weekly Daves 2018 TP 52 WEEK 52 SHOWCASE COMPLETED

Cooking, great shot especially in B&W, if your going to play a joker make it an interesting one like this.

Hi Dave,
Short - Feels a bit noisy, albeit is a weird way (seems to be lines, not grain). The subject nicely stands out from the background despite the colour matching.
Forked - Cool to be able to fit that into the 52. No problem with archive shots when you've captured action like that.
Fair play to the effort put into getting it.
Cook (The kiss) - Wondering if she will shortly be cooking some buns ;) Great piece of street there Dave. Well spotted and caught. Nicely processed. Splendid.

Hi Dave,
Short - Feels a bit noisy, albeit is a weird way (seems to be lines, not grain). The subject nicely stands out from the background despite the colour matching.
Forked - Cool to be able to fit that into the 52. No problem with archive shots when you've captured action like that.
Fair play to the effort put into getting it.
Cook (The kiss) - Wondering if she will shortly be cooking some buns ;) Great piece of street there Dave. Well spotted and caught. Nicely processed. Splendid.

Thank you Tim for the comments and for looking.

She’s quite an engaging person and I am quite intrigued by what’s going on so that’s a plus point, the man on the right adds nothing, there is too much sky, less sky more of the actual subject would have been better, it’s also a little flat PP wise it has a lot of promise just needs a little more attention from yourself

She’s quite an engaging person and I am quite intrigued by what’s going on so that’s a plus point, the man on the right adds nothing, there is too much sky, less sky more of the actual subject would have been better, it’s also a little flat PP wise it has a lot of promise just needs a little more attention from yourself

Thank you Allan for the comment and for looking. I really did struggle yesterday with the shots as the sky was horrible and the wind was right up, still no excuse though.

First one for me because the bin is more obvious, well seen and her colourful headband is well placed in the shot.

I know what you mean about the weather Dave I've struggled to get any shots this weekend. I agree that a bit of work pp would lift the shot but it's a good find for the theme

Really like the first shot, nice to see someone smiling , happy and enjoying life. I really like your street shots Dave, I must get up the bottle to try more myself. Think you have made the best of a rubbish theme!

Hi Dave

First photo fits the theme better, She is enjoying herself, By scolling I noticed that cropping some of the sky out improves the Image.

2nd Photo is nicely focus on the singer and the background is a little bit distracting, but you need the bin to fit the theme.

Pete

I know what you mean about the weather Dave I've struggled to get any shots this weekend. I agree that a bit of work pp would lift the shot but it's a good find for the theme

Really like the first shot, nice to see someone smiling , happy and enjoying life. I really like your street shots Dave, I must get up the bottle to try more myself. Think you have made the best of a rubbish theme!

Hi Dave

First photo fits the theme better, She is enjoying herself, By scolling I noticed that cropping some of the sky out improves the Image.

2nd Photo is nicely focus on the singer and the background is a little bit distracting, but you need the bin to fit the theme.

Pete

Like your idea of using the theme subject as background. Refuse bins must be one of the most uninteresting items to photography.

Thanks guys for looking and the comments.

Hi Dave, its the 1st one for me, the lady with the very colourful hair certinly makes the picture. I like the position of her head, leaving the word bin to the right. A good idea using the bins in the background. A tricky theme you have covered well.

Thank you Michael for the comment and for looking.

I think I prefer the second shoe horn Dave :)
Still covers the subject matter, but the singer in the second shot stands out more, as Allan says. the first is a bit flat and the weather really wasn't helping. (Maybe her black jacket against the black bin is the issue? dunno.)
Slight issue with the second being the legs behind her head. It would take a while, but I suspect a combination of clone and content aware fill could be made to sort that (if it had been your first choice).

Regrading your injury, would using your tripod allow you to continue without the wraith of your doctor?

I think I prefer the second shoe horn Dave :)
Still covers the subject matter, but the singer in the second shot stands out more, as Allan says. the first is a bit flat and the weather really wasn't helping. (Maybe her black jacket against the black bin is the issue? dunno.)
Slight issue with the second being the legs behind her head. It would take a while, but I suspect a combination of clone and content aware fill could be made to sort that (if it had been your first choice).

Regrading your injury, would using your tripod allow you to continue without the wraith of your doctor?

Thank you Tim for the comments and for looking, I did ask the doctor if I could get away with using either a tripod or monopod, he said NO as it look like I will have to have another steroid injection to stop it, but it will be weeks off so my dark theme will have to be an old shots plus the next few themes.

As the doctor has told me to have a rest from photography as my arthritis is playing up again, I have to use an old shot for the Dark theme. This was a first time shot for me at The Burning of the Clocks here on the sea front. I am hoping not to be using many more old shots in the themes, I don`t want to get right behind.

31388878660_1698631b14_o.jpg

Fits the Theme well Dave, Doctors orders and all that so no problem being an old image for me. 5 guys in the hi-viz distract a bit but Hay-ho they where there.

Took me a minute to work out what the hi-viz jackets were but it fits the theme well

Fits the theme, good shot, but what is the Burning of the Clocks Dave, excuse my ignorance!

Fits the Theme well Dave, Doctors orders and all that so no problem being an old image for me. 5 guys in the hi-viz distract a bit but Hay-ho they where there.

Took me a minute to work out what the hi-viz jackets were but it fits the theme well

Fits the theme, good shot, but what is the Burning of the Clocks Dave, excuse my ignorance!

Thank you folks for the comments and for looking. @Bearair hi mate this will explain it better than me.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burning_the_Clocks

I didn't realise that the bright points to the right were Hi-vis, I thought they were some kind of imagery or something. D'oh.
The clock tower is nicely picked out by the light, but feels a bit soft to me.
Still, good on you for carrying on posting despite the injury. Was this from your 70D days?

It’s certainly dark Dave could do with a little more light on the surrounding area maybe

I didn't realise that the bright points to the right were Hi-vis, I thought they were some kind of imagery or something. D'oh.
The clock tower is nicely picked out by the light, but feels a bit soft to me.
Still, good on you for carrying on posting despite the injury. Was this from your 70D days?

Thank you Tim for the comment, I took it with the 1100D and Nifty Fifty.

It’s certainly dark Dave could do with a little more light on the surrounding area maybe

Thank you Allan.

Dark

Well there is certainly some darkness there. It took me a bit of time to workout the hi vis jackets (it though they were Christmas decorations at first).

Nice shot for dark Dave, took me a few seconds to work out what the high viz vests were too. I like how you can't see anything else except the clock and the high viz jackets. I might have removed the items lit up on the left but that's all I'd change. Nice work

Nice shot for dark Dave, took me a few seconds to work out what the high viz vests were too. I like how you can't see anything else except the clock and the high viz jackets. I might have removed the items lit up on the left but that's all I'd change. Nice work

You pick the right one for the theme but I find the other lights a bit distracting. Personally, I would crop them all out and just have the clock tower alone.

Have a well-earned rest, Dave, on doctor's order. :)

Thank you guys for looking and the comments.

Considering how much you've had to crop in, that 90mm lens still manages to resolve a good deal of detail.
Like the blue of the sea, the sky not so much.
The sea slopes down to the left.

Thank you Tim, I totally love the 90mm. For some reason I really struggled to straighten it.

I agree with Tim the sea is definitely running down to the left

Thanks.

Back