weekly Daves 2018 TP 52 WEEK 52 SHOWCASE COMPLETED

Oh dear, Dave, your image for Stark just cannot be unseen! :wideyed: It's a brave idea and good on you for stepping in where @Bruja Jill might have done in previous years. In all seriousness, did you try a B&W conversion as I think that often suits the tones of human skin?

Of your images of Over, I think the best one is #3 as the green overgrowth catches my eye straightaway and the fence posts are clearly being overwhelmed by the ivy.

Oh dear, Dave, your image for Stark just cannot be unseen! :wideyed: It's a brave idea and good on you for stepping in where @Bruja Jill might have done in previous years. In all seriousness, did you try a B&W conversion as I think that often suits the tones of human skin?

Of your images of Over, I think the best one is #3 as the green overgrowth catches my eye straightaway and the fence posts are clearly being overwhelmed by the ivy.

Thank you Andrea for the comments :)

I did enjoy this theme I have to say, and my subjects played ball too even if they did not know I was shooting them. X-T2 + XF 35mm f2, as soon as I saw the theme I thought NO chance for me to take a shot of buildings, my choice was people and got to say I am chuffed. First shot is Middle AGE Spread, and the second was Grumpy and middle Age Couple.

Middle Age Spread by Dave, on Flickr

Grumpy and Middle Age Couple by Dave, on Flickr

Well you know what I am going to say Dave, not my cup of tea at all so I will leave it at that

That first one is a cracker - out of interest, how would they not know you are shooting them, with a 35mm lens?

Is that Bill Maynard in no1? If not I think he's trying to be :exit:

Nicely snapped. I even like how the focus seems to be on the belly! :)

Two good photos for the theme, I like both, the character in the first is spot on but the light and cleaner BG in the second is good too.

What a colourful, slightly shifty-looking character you've caught there. (y)

Bill Maynard is the first thing that came to mind when I first saw this. I quite like both images.

Of course -- Bill Maynard. Of the two picures that is my favourite photographically but the second with the grumpy man is an excellent candid.

Of course -- Bill Maynard. Of the two picures that is my favourite photographically but the second with the grumpy man is an excellent candid.

Thank you Martin for the comment, I did wonder if folk would say Green Grass because as soon as I took the shot and looked I thought it looked just like him :)

Yep, first thought was 'On no, it's Selwyn Froggitt'. Both are excellent and I love the expression on the bloke in the 2nd one.

I like both of these Ageing shots Sir, particularly the first one and as you know I think it looks like "Green Grass" (Bill Maynard).(y)

George.

I think probably the first hits the theme better and is a cool shot but I actually like the forks better as an image. Great reflections and composition

Interesting composition on the Teasel not sure it works its sort of lacking balance, maybe if it sat diagonal in the frame :thinking: but its always good to try different ideas

Interesting composition on the Teasel not sure it works its sort of lacking balance, maybe if it sat diagonal in the frame :thinking: but its always good to try different ideas

Thank you Allan for looking and the comment, it was a bit of a pain trying to get the reflection right, but will try again sometime :)

The first one for age is a real character, well caught!

I prefer the forks for sharp, great composition, great light!

Hey Dave ... this is pretty cool stuff ...

I really like the teasel ... glorious colour and detail. (y)

The forks for the composition and the teasel for the theme for me, as Allan said it's good to try different things but it's not quite hitting the spot for me.

The forks for the composition and the teasel for the theme for me, as Allan said it's good to try different things but it's not quite hitting the spot for me.

Thank you Chris for looking and the comment, I do like to try other things and hope to get better using this.

2 good images for Sharp Dave I would personally like to see the top of the teasel but I love the refection.

The image of the forks works really well too.

Back