weekly Daves 2018 TP 52 WEEK 52 SHOWCASE COMPLETED

I like that Dave (y) .... good portrait of Straight-faced bloke, nicely placed in the frame, good surrounding with some with pleasing tones.

Oval - quite a varied selection of ovals there I think the 3rd is the better image of the three
Straight - he certainly is straight faced good street shot

Great photo, well composed and nice muted colours in the background from which the straight faced bloke stands out (y)

Hi Dave lots of Ovals to choose from there, maybe a coloured background would have shown the rocket blower off better, I find that if I do a white background putting a very fine black frame around it helps to make it stand out better on the page. The ball is much more eye catching, a lovely bright shot.
That chap definitely looks very straight faced, did he pose for you ? Well spotted for the theme, I think it would take a good crop to really throw him more prominently into the frame, but everyone else likes it as it is, so it’s just me :)

Last edited:
Great photo, well composed and nice muted colours in the background from which the straight faced bloke stands out (y)

Thank you Bernd for the comment.

Hi Dave lots of Ovals to choose from there, maybe a coloured background would have shown the rocket blower off better, I find that if I do a white background putting a very fine black frame around it helps to make it stand out better on the page. The ball is much more eye catching, a lovely bright shot.
That chap definitely looks very straight faced, did he pose for you ? Well spotted for the theme, I think it would take a good crop to really throw him more prominently into the frame, but everyone else likes it as it is, so it’s just me :)

Thank you Susie for the comment, I was on the way to the bus and spotted him across the road, so I stopped and took the shot.

That made me smile, great shot for the theme Dave

Straight shot works well Sir, well framed, good eye contact, and the guy definitely has a straight face.(y)

George.

Nice shot Dave.Most things looking good, apart from the verticals on the windows.

Pete

Last edited:
Straight
I like it. I like that he's on his own, he looks like he's waiting for the misses, the dreaded shopping trip.

Nice street shot for straight. I actively avoid taking pics of people. And definitely straight faced. He's giving nothing away.

Oval - i think the best image would of been the shot you did on your mobile phone, i feel that would be worth a visit with the camera another day.
Straight - a good take on the theme, could be a bit sharper but works for me.

Thanks folks for the comments and for looking.

Hi Dave, one of these days I will get up to date with pictures and comments and keep it that way :rolleyes:

Wet - colour version for me. I like the colour of the water, the mono doesn't have enough contrast for me
Juxtaposition - Good idea for a tricky theme. I think I prefer the full colour but the 2nd version it quite effective too
Oval - Rocket Blower for me. It is quite stark against the white bg but the shape reminds me of a cartoon bomb
Straight - Very poker faced. Not sure he likes having his picture taken! Nice composition but the girls face in the window is a bit of a distraction (maybe clone her out lol)

Hi Dave, one of these days I will get up to date with pictures and comments and keep it that way :rolleyes:

Wet - colour version for me. I like the colour of the water, the mono doesn't have enough contrast for me
Juxtaposition - Good idea for a tricky theme. I think I prefer the full colour but the 2nd version it quite effective too
Oval - Rocket Blower for me. It is quite stark against the white bg but the shape reminds me of a cartoon bomb
Straight - Very poker faced. Not sure he likes having his picture taken! Nice composition but the girls face in the window is a bit of a distraction (maybe clone her out lol)

Thank you Georgina for the comments and looking.

H Dave catching up again!

Straight - I like this a different take on the theme

Unattractive - Yep they fit the theme I like that they are on their own in the image

Yes fly-tipping is unattractive, but I wonder if there would be a better composition in that photo... ;)

Well done for getting a shot in, hope your mum is OK. It's a good find for the theme.

H Dave catching up again!

Straight - I like this a different take on the theme

Unattractive - Yep they fit the theme I like that they are on their own in the image

Yes fly-tipping is unattractive, but I wonder if there would be a better composition in that photo... ;)

Well done for getting a shot in, hope your mum is OK. It's a good find for the theme.

Thank you guys, it was a hard shot, as I had to open the window to take it..lol

Extra points there Dave for actually opening the window, hope you had sit down afterwards :)

a rushed shot ..... but those tiles/slates don't look abandoned to me .... if that what the image is portraying.

Back