weekly Daves 2018 TP 52 WEEK 52 SHOWCASE COMPLETED

It fits the theme and well done for keeping up in the middle of rushing about looking after the family.

Thank you Stan.

They don't exactly make a great garden feature :) so on theme for me, hope Mum is improving.

Thank you too Susie, I am getting out in between helping mum hence why I am just getting shots in quick.

Unattractive works for me Sir, well framed with good colour.(y)

George.

Straight is a really good interpretation of the theme and works very well for me, Dave. I especially like the eye contact as I'm such a coward when it comes to taking photos of people! (y)

Unattractive - yes, that certainly ticks the box for the theme and well done for getting something in when looking after your mum. I hope she's on the mend now.

Straight is a really good interpretation of the theme and works very well for me, Dave. I especially like the eye contact as I'm such a coward when it comes to taking photos of people! (y)

Unattractive - yes, that certainly ticks the box for the theme and well done for getting something in when looking after your mum. I hope she's on the mend now.

Thank you Andrea for the comment, mum is seeing her doctor in a few days to see when the stitches can come out.

a rushed shot ..... but those tiles/slates don't look abandoned to me .... if that what the image is portraying.

Im with Dood Dave, sorry to hear about Mum, but for me, the tiles have no real context to prove attractiveness or not.....

Sorry to hear about your mum Dave, hope she's better soon.
Unattractive - Rushed shot, maybe, but it fits the theme and I'm sure they won't look unattractive once on your roof. Slate is so much better than tile.
Shadow - Seat for me. I like the lines you've captured.

Last edited:
Sorry to hear about your mum Dave, hope she's better soon.
Unattractive - Rushed shot, maybe, but it fits the theme and I'm sure they won't look unattractive once on your roof. Slate is so much better than tile.
Shadow - Seat for me. I like the lines you've captured.

Thank you Tim for the comment. Mum had some of her stitches out the other day, and she hopes to have the rest out tomorrow.

Reactions: LC2
First one for me, good graphical photo with dark, contrasty shadows and I like the added shadow of something unseen out of shot.

First one for me, good graphical photo with dark, contrasty shadows and I like the added shadow of something unseen out of shot.

Yes, I agree with the others Dave its #1, good clean simple composition.

Thank you both, when the theme came up Shadow I knew it would be the seating for the folk to wait for the I360.

All three are brilliant shots! My favourite is #3, the steps with the railing.

Fab pix fur Shadow - I think no3 too.

Three "Excellent" shadow presentations Sir, and all bang on theme.(y)

George.

Some good shadowy finds. (y)

I'm choosing the first for its simplicity, but ... there's a bit of unwanted FG shadow which is a shame.

Three "Excellent" shadow presentations Sir, and all bang on theme.(y)

George.

Thank you George for the comment.

Some good shadowy finds. (y)

I'm choosing the first for its simplicity, but ... there's a bit of unwanted FG shadow which is a shame.

Thank you David for the comment.

I like the shot of the seating for shadow Dave. I like how they go off into the top of the shot

Dave, I really like the first shadow pic, but the additional shadows in the foreground spoil it slightly.....also, a different angle may have lengthened the shadows ?

Shadow

I like the first one. It has a graphical feel about it.

Love number 1 of the shadows. Great composition. Nice one.

Dave, I really like the first shadow pic, but the additional shadows in the foreground spoil it slightly.....also, a different angle may have lengthened the shadows ?

Thanks folks, the 1st is the seating for the I360 it was a lot of people waiting so had to crop it like that.

Pooch FTW :)

Unattractive - they look like they have been carefully placed hopefully to be used or collected, in the meantime not an attractive site.
Shadow - all three are good I particularly like the cycle wheel.
Beautiful - both fit the theme I think the picture of Susie is the stronger image though

Unattractive - they look like they have been carefully placed hopefully to be used or collected, in the meantime not an attractive site.
Shadow - all three are good I particularly like the cycle wheel.
Beautiful - both fit the theme I think the picture of Susie is the stronger image though

Thank you for the comment Alison.

She's a lovely dog Dave, I'm not overly sold on the black background for the theme but she certainly stands out well against it,

I agree with Chris above BG not really doing it any favours, can’t argue with the sentiment and idea

Back