weekly Daves 2018 TP 52 WEEK 52 SHOWCASE COMPLETED

Wot no buckets! Bit of a shoehorn but a nice picture:)

Nice pic of the gull eating what looks like a bit of chicken well captured at a good moment

Wild

Well caught mid eating. A little more room in front would improve the composition for me.

Well captured, good separation of the bird from the background

Wild

Well caught mid eating. A little more room in front would improve the composition for me.

Thanks guys for looking and the comments, will remember composition next time too.

Good action shot there Dave. Always more interesting than when they sit there doing nothing.
As others have said. Good separation achieved there. n Are you enjoying being prime only?

Thank you Tim for the comment and looking, yes I am totally loving just using primes only.

Dave

Bizarre, I take your word it was bizarre, but a very nice shot of a singer clearly singing. Nice seperation from the background. everything looks tickety boo.

Wild, a Fine young canibal. (bird eating bird). again nice seperation and very sharp.

Pete

Nice Sh'awk for wild :)

Dave

Bizarre, I take your word it was bizarre, but a very nice shot of a singer clearly singing. Nice seperation from the background. everything looks tickety boo.

Wild, a Fine young canibal. (bird eating bird). again nice seperation and very sharp.

Pete

Nice Sh'awk for wild :)

Thank you guys.

Hi Dave, just catching up with your latest images as I've been snowed under and struggling to get my 52 up to date again, but it's good to look back and see you getting enjoyment and good results from your 90mm f2.

I love the happiness and energy in your first image for Refuse, with the lady's smile really lighting up the image. You're producing striking images of the performers for some of the themes and you seem to be developing a style - do you show them the images? I'm sure they would really like them.

The feeding gull is spot on for Wild, and it looks as though you've caught it mid-gulp too (y) Both of your latest images are perfect for Autumn with the turning leaves giving some lovely colour. My pick would be #1 as I like the close-up details and I got something quite similar for my Autumn image yesterday, so great Fuji minds and all that :D

Well done on keeping up with your images despite everything you've had going on, and it's good to see you getting out and enjoying the new X-T3 too. All the reviews seem very positive, especially for the improved AF. I have my last bits of Nikon gear to sell on, and then, if there's a nice sale on at some point.... :naughty:

Both are nice but prefer the first for the simple composition.

I have to agree with Stan the first one, it’s a good idea.

Hi Dave, just catching up with your latest images as I've been snowed under and struggling to get my 52 up to date again, but it's good to look back and see you getting enjoyment and good results from your 90mm f2.

I love the happiness and energy in your first image for Refuse, with the lady's smile really lighting up the image. You're producing striking images of the performers for some of the themes and you seem to be developing a style - do you show them the images? I'm sure they would really like them.

The feeding gull is spot on for Wild, and it looks as though you've caught it mid-gulp too (y) Both of your latest images are perfect for Autumn with the turning leaves giving some lovely colour. My pick would be #1 as I like the close-up details and I got something quite similar for my Autumn image yesterday, so great Fuji minds and all that :D

Well done on keeping up with your images despite everything you've had going on, and it's good to see you getting out and enjoying the new X-T3 too. All the reviews seem very positive, especially for the improved AF. I have my last bits of Nikon gear to sell on, and then, if there's a nice sale on at some point.... :naughty:

Thank you folks for the comments and for looking.
@Manxmaid I set up a Facebook page and have most of the singers on my friends list, they love the images I take of them and some even use them for their own sites and credit me. I was chuffed with last nights gig as shot at iso 25,600.

Last edited:
Thank you folks for the comments and for looking.
@Manxmaid I set up a Facebook page and have most of the singers on my friends list, they love the images I take of them and some even use them for their own sites and credit me. I was chuffed with last nights gig as shot at iso 25,600.

Seems like a great idea (y)

Not what I was expecting Dave and hard to photograph I would of thought the grey building against a grey sky. It is not straight is it meant to be like that?

Not what I was expecting Dave and hard to photograph I would of thought the grey building against a grey sky. It is not straight is it meant to be like that?

Thanks for the comment and looking, it was a grotty hot hazy day yesterday on it leaning a bit that is me trying to learn how to use C1 keystoning so hope to get better over time.

Thanks for the comment and looking, it was a grotty hot hazy day yesterday on it leaning a bit that is me trying to learn how to use C1 keystoning so hope to get better over time.
Aghh, keystoning I have been trying to get my head around that as well!

Hollow would take a slice off the left get the tower on the third, I like the small bird flying in in the bottom right

It's a striking subject and another original idea for the theme, Dave. Did you try it in black and white at all? With the similar tones in the tower and the sky it looks as though it might work, too.

I've downloaded the free cut-down version of Capture One to try out, but haven't had a chance yet. Fuji users seem to like the results.

It's a striking subject and another original idea for the theme, Dave. Did you try it in black and white at all? With the similar tones in the tower and the sky it looks as though it might work, too.

I've downloaded the free cut-down version of Capture One to try out, but haven't had a chance yet. Fuji users seem to like the results.

Thank you Andrea for the comment and for looking, good idea on trying it in b&w. I actually have C1 pro 11 but did download the 11.3 update as I can edit the Raw with no trouble at all.

Looks like an interesting attraction to visit but Brighton is the complete opposite end of the country from me. A simple image but very apt for the theme. I know you commented on my hollow shot but the central tower is slightly off-vertical.

Thank you Stan for looking and the comment, I think as I can straighten things better in LR6 I will edit in C1 and take it to LR6 to straighten it.

Love you definition there Dave, I typed model singer into google and got lots of sewing machines :wideyed: regardless of that its a nice portrait with a good out of focus BG
Theres a lot of entertainment going on in Brighton in the afternoon isn't there.

Love you definition there Dave, I typed model singer into google and got lots of sewing machines :wideyed: regardless of that its a nice portrait with a good out of focus BG
Theres a lot of entertainment going on in Brighton in the afternoon isn't there.

Thank you Allan for the comment and for looking. Yes we do have a lot of music entertainment here in Brighton and Hove, this shot I took of Sam was at the Brighton Music Hall plus we have a lot of jazz here too.

Back