weekly Daves 2018 TP 52 WEEK 52 SHOWCASE COMPLETED

Stark
Well, well, well what have we got here then.
Well done Dave, now it's been done it can't be undone.

"Excellent" Stark shot Sir, took me a bit by surprise but really works well.(y)

George.

Cripes. I was wondering if someone would go down this route.....certainly on theme. I'll go wash my eyes out now.... :) :)

Hi Dave, I like both your gate shots but I'll go for the 2nd one as I like the fact that it is straight on. Very fancy gate too. I really like the 1st picture of the people in masks. I love that he is looking right at you and he is straight on with the others side on, nice dof too. Not sure there's a lot I can say about stark, I was pre-warned by the comments in the discussion thread. Very brave but please don't do it again :LOL:

Hi Dave, I like both your gate shots but I'll go for the 2nd one as I like the fact that it is straight on. Very fancy gate too. I really like the 1st picture of the people in masks. I love that he is looking right at you and he is straight on with the others side on, nice dof too. Not sure there's a lot I can say about stark, I was pre-warned by the comments in the discussion thread. Very brave but please don't do it again :LOL:

Thanks Georgina for looking and the comments, stark is only a one off so never again :D

right on theme, very brave figured someone might do and knew it wasn't going to be me.

Last edited:
For the theme title I suppose the rugby shot would be the one I would choose but it’s not a good conversion the greys are pretty much the same makes it look very flat

I agree with @LC2 about the lack of focal point in the first one, sorry Dave :(

First one for me, does the job for the theme. I'd crop a chunk of the RHS on the second and has been said, brighten it up a bit

The tree shot is good and colourful, but would probably work better when they're in leaf.

I like the first Over shot Sir, not one of your strongest ever shots but definately fits the theme.(y)

George.

Hi Dave, stark, so glad you got the exposure just right!

I like the first Over shot Sir, not one of your strongest ever shots but definately fits the theme.(y)

George.

Hi Dave, stark, so glad you got the exposure just right!

Thanks folks, just wanted to get a shot in as taking photos is the last thing on my mind at the moment.

Over - not much I can add to what's been said already, the second image would be the one I would go for as well but agree with the comments about it looking a little flat.

I have to say I like the rugby shot but personally i'd have tried to boost the contrast a bit :)

Thank you both for the comments.

Hi Dave

For me all three fit the theme, the rugby one least of all, overcast day is a bit of a cop out as it's so normal this time of year.

The other 2 are nice colourful shots, tree are growing over which is fine but does need a stronger focal point rather than what appears to be the public loos in the distant.

Pete

Hi Dave

For me all three fit the theme, the rugby one least of all, overcast day is a bit of a cop out as it's so normal this time of year.

The other 2 are nice colourful shots, tree are growing over which is fine but does need a stronger focal point rather than what appears to be the public loos in the distant.

Pete

Thanks for the comment Pete.

HI Dave I think I'd pick No 2 out of the 3 for over as has been mentioned it could do with a bit more punch.

The rugby shot for me, although you might want to boost the contrast a bit (y)

Back