weekly DAVE'S 2021 WEEKLY 52 SHOWCASE & Finished

Another fine image of an Egyptian artifact Dave.
As others have said it does look like wax or even a bar of soap :D

I like how vibrant the colours are against the surrounding darkness. The harsh light really works here.

Very nice colours Dave for alive, On my dodgy laptop screen the yellow flower looks a bit soft, but overall a nice photo.

Pete

I like how vibrant the colours are against the surrounding darkness. The harsh light really works here.

Thanks Nick.

Very nice colours Dave for alive, On my dodgy laptop screen the yellow flower looks a bit soft, but overall a nice photo.

Pete

Thanks Pete, it looks better on Flickr once you click through.

The dark background works well to present your subject here Dave. We started with roses in the garden a couple of years ago and they really do represent life well. My wife has to look after them though because I'm not good with plants.

Nice bright colours against the dark background.
The dark background works well to present your subject here Dave. We started with roses in the garden a couple of years ago and they really do represent life well. My wife has to look after them though because I'm not good with plants.

Thank you both.

Liking the shot for smooth Dave. Very nicely lit. I am looking forward to seeing your adventures with OCF.

Similarly with alive. The first shot for me with the different colours against the dark BG. Again, very well lit.

I see they were both shot at f2 I think a little more DoF might have been a better choice but the first one is very vibrant and works in its own way

First shot for me Dave. I prefer that there is more than one colour and it's more vibrant too :)
I see they were both shot at f2 I think a little more DoF might have been a better choice but the first one is very vibrant and works in its own way

Thank you both.

Smooth
OCF is definitely a rabbit hole to journey down, I have also just started taking steps in that direction. I have some tech I have developed that I will reveal later. The lighting works well and helps give an even look to the figure

Alive
The yellow rose to the right looks a bit shy not wanting it's picture taken but happy to pose on its own :D

Smooth
OCF is definitely a rabbit hole to journey down, I have also just started taking steps in that direction. I have some tech I have developed that I will reveal later. The lighting works well and helps give an even look to the figure

Alive
The yellow rose to the right looks a bit shy not wanting it's picture taken but happy to pose on its own :D
Super vibrant colours against the black Dave, perfect for the theme.
Alive
Bright and colourful.
Lovely colours there - really underlines the "alive" theme.

Thank you folks.

Can't beat a black background to isolate a subject IMO, and the easiest way is with OCF. Great stuff Dave.

The textures in the subject provide plenty of interest. I'm torn on the darkness around it... It works really well, but I'd be tempted to lose a little of it

Interesting object Dave and obviously very much on theme
Can't beat a black background to isolate a subject IMO, and the easiest way is with OCF. Great stuff Dave.
The textures in the subject provide plenty of interest. I'm torn on the darkness around it... It works really well, but I'd be tempted to lose a little of it
That works perfectly Dave, I like the feeling of isolation among the black surround, perfect for the theme.
Nicely light and well exposed, a good result

Thank you folks.

Nicely done Dave

Hi Dave

Looks like you are getting the hang of OCF, nice lighting and shadows and just enought reflections.

Pete

Really like the Easter shot, very atmospheric and bang on theme. The lighting is excellent.

Perfect for the theme. Works well on the black background.

Hmm I’ve been out shooting daffodils and churches - now why didn’t I think of using my lights?

Back