weekly DAVE'S 2021 WEEKLY 52 SHOWCASE & Finished

Fuji Dave

I'm in Clover
Name
Dave
Edit My Images
No
Well here I go again for my 5th 52 on the trot and I hope next year is a damn sight better.

TECHNIQUES TO BE DRAWN

Multiple Exposure
Panorama
Panning
Fill the Frame JANUARY/FEBUARY (y)
Perspective
Free Lensing SEPTEMBER/OCTOBER (y)
Leading Lines
dappled light
Monochrome
Motion blur
Mirrored
Composite NOVEMBER/DECEMBER (y)
Wide Angle
Low key MARCH/APRIL (y)
Negative space MAY/JUNE(y)
HDR JULY/AUGUST (y)
..................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
0 NEARBY
1 FRUIT
2 DIRTY
3 ROCK/STONE
4 TALL
5 SNAPPERS CHOICE
6 PAIR
7 ( Depict a) FILM
8 HALF (HALVES)
9 REFLECTION (S)
10 ROUGH
11 SMOOTH
12 ALIVE
13 EASTER
14 SPRING
15 SNAPPERS CHOICE
16 OUT AND ABOUT
17 SHAPES
18 NUMBERS
19 TOY (S)
20 ARTIFICIAL
21 PATTERN ( S )
22 UP CLOSE
23 PERSONAL
24 GREEN
25 SNAPPERS CHOICE Negative Space Tech
26 LOOKING DOWN
27 INDIGENOUS + HDR TECH
28 PLANTS
29 DOMINATING
30 SNAPPERS CHOICE
31 HANDS
32 FUR
33 CLEAN
34 GLASS (ES)
35 SNAPPERS CHOICE
36 UNATURAL
37 NATURAL
38 AUTUMN
39 DOORS
40 ARCHITECTURE
41 RED
42 IRREGUALAR
43 HALLOWEEN
44 UNDERNEATH
45 SNAPPERS CHOICE
46 BACK ( OF )
47 CULTURE
48 LIVING
49 STILL LIFE
50 MINUSCULE
51 SEASON (AL)
52 SHOWCASE

Last edited:
I have quiet a few things nearby me in the flat, so I just picked one which is this mask that I have right nearby or next to me. Taken with the X100V, not sure which one so two of it one in colour and the other in mono.
Just seen I need to update my copyright year.

The Mask by Dave, on Flickr

Mask in Mono by Dave, on Flickr

Two nice takes - I like them both equally.

Hi canon, sony, fuji Dave whatever. :ROFLMAO: ... good to see you.

Think I prefer B&W as the BG looks more mysterious

Black and white has more punch to me. The eyes get a bit lost in the patterns on the colour version. For me, it could do with a lift of the highlights to give it a bit more punch. Unless you're going for moody and mysterious that is...

Black and white has more punch to me. The eyes get a bit lost in the patterns on the colour version. For me, it could do with a lift of the highlights to give it a bit more punch. Unless you're going for moody and mysterious that is...

Thank you Ian, agree it could do with a lift on the highlights.

Both are good Dave, both have their merits (y)

Both are nice, but the mono wins for me. Nice start Dave

Prefer the mono by far but it seems just a little flat, like it was printed on Grade 2 paper instead of Grade 4 (going back in time now). Perhaps another go but with increased contrast?

Colour for me I think Dave - possibly could do with a bit more exposure, but I think that would also need doing the black point to keep them as they are, which may then result in a very contrasty image. Not sure - I think is have to see it before I could decide - is already s very strong image!

Nice shots Dave. I prefer the mono version (now there's a surprise) as the contrast makes the eyes seems more pronounced.

Prefer the mono by far but it seems just a little flat, like it was printed on Grade 2 paper instead of Grade 4 (going back in time now). Perhaps another go but with increased contrast?
Colour for me I think Dave - possibly could do with a bit more exposure, but I think that would also need doing the black point to keep them as they are, which may then result in a very contrasty image. Not sure - I think is have to see it before I could decide - is already s very strong image!
Wow, really like these! Such detail, I think the B&W is my favourite
Nice shots Dave. I prefer the mono version (now there's a surprise) as the contrast makes the eyes seems more pronounced.

Thank you folks.

I like both versions Dave. The black background works nicely - it could be a exhibit in a museum.

Good to see you're using all your cameras so none get jealous :)

Hi Dave, I’m another fan of the B&W it definitely adds an eye catching edge to the shot.
I like both versions Dave. The black background works nicely - it could be a exhibit in a museum.

Good to see you're using all your cameras so none get jealous :)
The B&W definitely wins in my eyes, was there any lighting used for the images?
A nice start to the 52 Dave. Prefer the colour one myself.

Thank you folks.

Cheeks aching and mouth drooling here! I loved these when I was allowed to have them :jawdrop::crying:

Nice nef for the theme.

Nice start Dave (y)

Good take on the theme Dave, is that one of those roll up backgrounds?

8 seconds... Must've been quite dark where you were taking that. You've certainly avoided any nasty shadows.
I would be tempted to have a play with white balance and the white and mid points, as the white of the lettering feels a little grey to me.
Cool out of the box thinking for the theme :)

Fruit
It's a bit different, I like that you've taken one out and placed it in front.

Nicely done Dave. It might benefit from a little more exposure and saturation boost in processing.

Cheeks aching and mouth drooling here! I loved these when I was allowed to have them :jawdrop::crying:

Nice nef for the theme.
Nice start Dave (y)
Good take on the theme Dave, is that one of those roll up backgrounds?
Nice simple sharp image Dave good take on the theme
Nice start to your 52.
8 seconds... Must've been quite dark where you were taking that. You've certainly avoided any nasty shadows.
I would be tempted to have a play with white balance and the white and mid points, as the white of the lettering feels a little grey to me.
Cool out of the box thinking for the theme :)
Fruit
It's a bit different, I like that you've taken one out and placed it in front.
Nicely done Dave. It might benefit from a little more exposure and saturation boost in processing.

Thank you folks.

Back