weekly DAVE'S 2021 WEEKLY 52 SHOWCASE & Finished

I like both, but have to admit the colour's got a lovely depth to it, took me a while to work it out as I thought it was something at the beach with the out of focussed background being the sea.
Dirty
It's the colour for me. The black and white does show the textures well, but the colour has more depth and shows that it tobacco.
Colour .... tobacco never looked so good :)
Yep. Didn't know what it was until I saw the colour version. I'm just finishing another give-up session after a couple of weeks picking up in April. Been on 0mg nic on my puffer since Christmas and am now only picking it up occasionally. Good luck giving up (again!)

Thank you folks.

Defo needs the colour - and works well.

On one hand I kinda like the ambiguity of the mono version, it could be anything, but the introduction of colour makes it become what it is. I like the idea as related to the theme too... Nice thinking!

On one hand I kinda like the ambiguity of the mono version, it could be anything, but the introduction of colour makes it become what it is. I like the idea as related to the theme too... Nice thinking!
Prefer the colour one. Nice pic an good take on the theme.

Thank you both.

I like them both. Why does a smoker need a pumice stone?

Colour again for me on this, seems deeper for some reason.

Thanks Paul.

I like them both. Why does a smoker need a pumice stone?

Thanks Dave, as I'm smoking a lot at the moment the pumice stone is great for getting nicotine off the fingers.

#JUSTSAYIN :)

smoking-mittens1-640x533.jpg

I think it's the colour version for me, it seems to have more contrast(?), nice textures and good for the theme.

Colour for me!

I haven't smoked in 20 years, but I know you ought not to get yellow fingers if you hold the ciggie upwards. Hold it downwards and the smoke wild drift up to the fingers.

Colour for me too Dave.
TBH if I had done that and claimed tech. I'd have gone in a lot closer.
There is plenty of detail in those stones.
Just my opinion

Colour for me too Dave.
TBH if I had done that and claimed tech. I'd have gone in a lot closer.
There is plenty of detail in those stones.
Just my opinion
Is that what they are call? Like going to school here. I like both versions though.
Colour for me Dave. Optical illusion I'm sure, but to my eyes it's sharper.

Thank you folks.

Colour one for me.

How was it lit, there almost looks like a rim of backlighting on tright and along most of the top edge

There's a warmth to the colour shot, that coupled with the detail that both versions obviously have makes it twice as interesting to my eye as the mono shot.

Lovely Dobbin!

Stunning shot Dave, perfectly in focus and sharp and an absolute stunner that stands out from the background. Big thumbs up from me. Welcome back :)

Back