weekly DAVE'S 2021 WEEKLY 52 SHOWCASE & Finished

If you knew Susie ... :D
Two lovely portraits Dave.
No favourite.

Well done Dave for getting back up to date.

A nice pair of figureheads. I like the background and colours. Lighting looks a bit tricky with the reflective surfaces.

Well done Dave for getting back up to date.

A nice pair of figureheads. I like the background and colours. Lighting looks a bit tricky with the reflective surfaces.

Thanks Bebop, if truth be known it was a quick rush job really as did not want to get behind. Plus next week I'm going to start using the Sony's again as I have to start to move on now.

Meh. that sphinx

Sorry :D ( :coat: )

Hi Dave,

Pair - Well, I wouldn't have got Nick Cage and John Travolta from that without your title ;) I agree it was a good film.
Oddly I initially thought it was a pair of boots somehow buried into the wood, then I looked properly ;)
Snappers - Without the chance to get to jazz clubs, I guess this was always going to be your Suzie :)
I think I actually prefer the Colour version, as her red collar breaks up the image somewhat.

Nice pair of heads :)

A very effective take on the theme
Nice set of figures Dave well done for getting back up to date
Hi Dave,

Pair - Well, I wouldn't have got Nick Cage and John Travolta from that without your title ;) I agree it was a good film.
Oddly I initially thought it was a pair of boots somehow buried into the wood, then I looked properly ;)
Snappers - Without the chance to get to jazz clubs, I guess this was always going to be your Suzie :)
I think I actually prefer the Colour version, as her red collar breaks up the image somewhat.
Nice pair of heads :)
Pair
Nice set up Dave, I like the shadow dof.

Thank you folks.

Nice portrait of Susie.. good to see her again. I prefer the mono as I find the bright collar a bit distracting.
Pair. Great dof works well with the textured background.

Really good use of depth of field. Agree with Helen that the background is a good compliment.

Nice portrait of Susie.. good to see her again. I prefer the mono as I find the bright collar a bit distracting.
Pair. Great dof works well with the textured background.
Really good use of depth of field. Agree with Helen that the background is a good compliment.

Thank you both.

Snappers Choice
You can never have enough dog pics, I'm going with the mono as my favourite

Pair
I was trying to visualise them closer together to see if the optical illusion vase would appear! Well handled lighting and background that works

Good catch up image, fits the theme well and plenty of detail. Good job

Nice!

Is it just me?.... There's an optical illusion going on, which I think is due to the transition between the OOF foreground and the in focus area, that makes the heads look as if they are levitating.

Snappers Choice
You can never have enough dog pics, I'm going with the mono as my favourite

Pair
I was trying to visualise them closer together to see if the optical illusion vase would appear! Well handled lighting and background that works
Good catch up image, fits the theme well and plenty of detail. Good job
Nice!

Is it just me?.... There's an optical illusion going on, which I think is due to the transition between the OOF foreground and the in focus area, that makes the heads look as if they are levitating.
Bang on theme and very affective. Like it.
Good to see you getting back into the challenge Dave ....super shot of your Susie, I really like the angle.
I like the busy textures with the statues, you’ve caught up so well done.
Great to see you back, Dave. Susie is such a cutie.

Pair; I've not seen the film but nice dof with both the foreground and background nicely oof.

Thank you folks.

Lovely catch up Dave. Sorry I’m a bit behind on commenting.
The horse pic is a lovely pic of a beautiful animal.
You can never take too many pictures of Susie and in this case l prefer the colour version.
l like the way you have the two heads facing each other and the low POV.

Lovely catch up Dave. Sorry I’m a bit behind on commenting.
The horse pic is a lovely pic of a beautiful animal.
You can never take too many pictures of Susie and in this case l prefer the colour version.
l like the way you have the two heads facing each other and the low POV.

Thank you Pete.

Love the Mummy image, really rich colours and well lit. Great job for the theme

Back