weekly DAVE'S 2021 WEEKLY 52 SHOWCASE & Finished

Easyrider is a film I know. And I love the prop and the 3D ness lacking in the mummy.

Good work Dave, bang on theme. Just to echo what was said above, the Mummy image is well lit and has some rich colours in there, that would be my pick.

The colours in both Mummy shots are great, managing the light/reflections can be tricky but these work great.

Film title
Agree with others the lighting on "The Mummy" is really well handled. Was it a conscious decision to not align the right hand part with it slightly angled. Your other choices are great too

The mummy shot is my favourite but they are all nicely done. As others have said, you have handled the lighting well.
Film title
Agree with others the lighting on "The Mummy" is really well handled. Was it a conscious decision to not align the right hand part with it slightly angled. Your other choices are great too

Thank you both.

Nice portrait of Susie, She doesn’t look to pleased with you or maybe she’s just distracted with something outside the window

Nice composition and as others have said, the B&W suits it too. I'd be tempted to trim a mm off the bottom to exclude that tiny OOF whatever-it-is on the bottom edge, and to crop the top by a little more to balance it and give a little more "space" for Susie to look into. But that's a really minor thing.

That's really nice!

Composition, expression, gaze, DOF, tones... all work well. She looks really thoughtful, or that's how it comes across to me.

I've seen many a Susie portrait over the years. This is a beaut, nice light, nice detail.

It’s a pretty pleasing pooch pic :banana:

Great composition, what's not to love with a dog image gazing across a scene. The lighting and DOF is spot on, a minor crop from the bottom to even the flow of her coat would be the only mod I see to enhance it further

Nice composition and as others have said, the B&W suits it too. I'd be tempted to trim a mm off the bottom to exclude that tiny OOF whatever-it-is on the bottom edge, and to crop the top by a little more to balance it and give a little more "space" for Susie to look into. But that's a really minor thing.
That's really nice!

Composition, expression, gaze, DOF, tones... all work well. She looks really thoughtful, or that's how it comes across to me.
I've seen many a Susie portrait over the years. This is a beaut, nice light, nice detail.
It’s a pretty pleasing pooch pic :banana:
Great composition, what's not to love with a dog image gazing across a scene. The lighting and DOF is spot on, a minor crop from the bottom to even the flow of her coat would be the only mod I see to enhance it further

Thank you folks, and for the tips on the crop.

Lovely to see Susie back again.. and a great portrait. She looks very contemplative :)

Back