weekly DAVES 52 CHALLENGE 2019 WEEK 52 OUT TAKES & FINISHED

Free week

A good capture of the performers, in full flow. I think you could crop some of the left.

Wet - really like that Dave certainly fits the theme some nice detail in the rain drops

Free - Great image love the expression on the guitarists face

Great image. My first thought when I saw it on the main thread was that it may be the Royal Albert Hall. I'm not sure we could build like this these days. You've captured the detail in the carvings really nicely.

Looks like you were standing to the side of it a couple of steps to the right would have helped with the symmetry, good image for the theme though

Yeah I like that. The hated anti-pigeon spikes are a dsitraction but not your fault.

Hi Dave,

Wet - PABD maybe, but it works well for the theme and you were unlikely to get a bright sunny day + rain (though not impossible) until April.

Free Week - Well, this was always going to be a performer of some kind wasn't it ;) A good choice to frame them between the doors, and the 23mm of the 100f gives you the space. I might have been tempted to straighten the verticals (as there is a slight trapezoid going on). Dunno.

Entrance - Hmm not for me this one Dave, the blacks feel a bit on the grey side, at least one vertical is off and there is barrel distortion from the lens (doesn't c1 have lens profiles?). I don't think this shot plays to the strengths of the 56mm f/1.2 Sorry.

Love this image Dave, that's a terrific, very ornate entrance!
Very nice light and super details - the mono treatment works very well....lovely contrasts.
Super!(y)
Yeah I like that. The hated anti-pigeon spikes are a dsitraction but not your fault.
Hi Dave,

Wet - PABD maybe, but it works well for the theme and you were unlikely to get a bright sunny day + rain (though not impossible) until April.

Free Week - Well, this was always going to be a performer of some kind wasn't it ;) A good choice to frame them between the doors, and the 23mm of the 100f gives you the space. I might have been tempted to straighten the verticals (as there is a slight trapezoid going on). Dunno.

Entrance - Hmm not for me this one Dave, the blacks feel a bit on the grey side, at least one vertical is off and there is barrel distortion from the lens (doesn't c1 have lens profiles?). I don't think this shot plays to the strengths of the 56mm f/1.2 Sorry.

Thanks guys, had to try out the new lens.

That's a very nice entrance. Looks great in black and white

Hi Dave

Object - Nice shot, full of texture and the colours work together well. I keep getting distracted by the bike though.
Wet - Cool, but I think I prefer it in mono despite this ticking the SOOC box.
Free week - Nice of them to frame themselves between the doors! You've managed to capture the energy.
Entrance - Nice doors but I can't help feeling it lacks a certain je ne sais quois. I don't know if it's the asymmetry or what but it doesn't quite grab me (sorry!)

Hi Dave

Object - Nice shot, full of texture and the colours work together well. I keep getting distracted by the bike though.
Wet - Cool, but I think I prefer it in mono despite this ticking the SOOC box.
Free week - Nice of them to frame themselves between the doors! You've managed to capture the energy.
Entrance - Nice doors but I can't help feeling it lacks a certain je ne sais quois. I don't know if it's the asymmetry or what but it doesn't quite grab me (sorry!)

Thank you for the catch up Nick.

Dave

Catching up on comments,

Cold, I prefer the colour version as well,

Waiting, 2 good photos of people waiting, just as well they had phones to look at, what would people do with out them!. Nice contrast, I think I prefer the first one, but there is not much in it.

Rough, quite a picture of the sleeper, lots of questions, his suitcase has flight labels on it, the sleeping bags look new. I really like the colours in the piller and the texture is good but maybe better with more of it showing.

Object, both very nice objects dave.Lots of details in both, but the first one wins for me.

Wet, Theme tick, SOOC ticked. I like the way the background is really blurred, keeps me guessing

Free, nice enough shot dave, there is action, colour and detail.

Entrance, thats a grand entrance, they had plenty of money in those days. These days the money goes into corperate shareholders pockets rather then nice building and local people. Lots of details in the stone work. Well captured.

Pete

Last edited:
Dave

Catching up on comments,

Cold, I prefer the colour version as well,

Waiting, 2 good photos of people waiting, just as well they had phones to look at, what would people do with out them!. Nice contrast, I think I prefer the first one, but there is not much in it.

Rough, quite a picture of the sleeper, lots of questions, his suitcase has flight labels on it, the sleeping bags look new. I really like the colours in the piller and the texture is good but maybe better with more of it showing.

Object, both very nice objects dave.Lots of details in both, but the first one wins for me.

Wet, Theme tick, SOOC ticked. I like the way the background is really blurred, keeps me guessing

Free, nice enough shot dave, there is action, colour and detail.

Entrance, thats a grand entrance, they had plenty of money in those days. These days the money goes into corperate shareholders pockets rather then nice building and local people. Lots of details in the stone work. Well captured.

Pete

Thank you Pete for the comments and for looking.

Object- love the patina on the knocker. Nice Harley too, is that yours?
Wet- I like it, for sooc it ticks the box too.
Entrance-The distortion from the lens disturbs my OCD, nice processing though

Object- love the patina on the knocker. Nice Harley too, is that yours?
Wet- I like it, for sooc it ticks the box too.
Entrance-The distortion from the lens disturbs my OCD, nice processing though

Thank you Jon, I think the only time I will use the 56mm will be only people shots.

I know about the colour thingy on the mic stand, trying to suss out how to get rid in C1. I give you young buskers two shots from today in a very crowded street, wish I`d had the 50-140mm as would of done better.

Young at Heart by Dave, on Flickr

Young Busker by Dave, on Flickr

Two great shots Dave!
The second one is my pick....I really like your mono treatment for your performer images....top notch!
Great expression and a well captured moment.(y)

I know about the colour thingy on the mic stand....

What colour thingy? Are my eyes failing me again?....you've got me all paranoid again!!:giggle:

Love the second shot for Young Dave, the DoF used really puts focus on the subject too!

Two great shots Dave!
The second one is my pick....I really like your mono treatment for your performer images....top notch!
Great expression and a well captured moment.(y)

What colour thingy? Are my eyes failing me again?....you've got me all paranoid again!!:giggle:
YOUNG - I like the B/W image. Spot-on capture. It has a 60s look for sure.
Ooops! Missed ENTRANCE! Well, certainly a grand entrance. Maybe better if more symmetrical? Not sure. It looks fine to me.
Love the second shot for Young Dave, the DoF used really puts focus on the subject too!

Thank you folks for the comments. @GarethB I found the right words for the colour thingy, it`s Chromatic Aberration.

Back