weekly DAVES 52 CHALLENGE 2019 WEEK 52 OUT TAKES & FINISHED

Nicely done Dave. Crowd box ticked and well focused on the two PCSO's. Out of interest, the one at the front, is that a youngish looking adult, or is it maybe a child dressed as a PSCO for the parade as she looks quite young?

Nicely done Dave. Crowd box ticked and well focused on the two PCSO's. Out of interest, the one at the front, is that a youngish looking adult, or is it maybe a child dressed as a PSCO for the parade as she looks quite young?

Thank you Ian, she was actually a young PCSO and small too.

Fab shot iof Little and Large PCSOs :)

Hot – Looks like a nice hot day for some kayaking and paddle boarding! Makes me want to get my kayak out.

Light – Can see where you are coming from. Nice composition.

Crowd – Nice image, the PCSO’s pop out from the crowd, fits the theme nicely.

Hot – Looks like a nice hot day for some kayaking and paddle boarding! Makes me want to get my kayak out.

Light – Can see where you are coming from. Nice composition.

Crowd – Nice image, the PCSO’s pop out from the crowd, fits the theme nicely.

Thank you Dom.

Great photo and very original, it looks as though the session went really well.
DECAY - I really like this shot. Her pose is great, and you got the theme in there too!!
Nice shot Dave, great for the theme. Hope your photo session went well ! Looking at the submission it looks like it was a success

Thank you folks, been so busy editing too from the shoot.

Decay
Very nice Dave, it all fits in well together. I think you've positioned Lo just in the right place, any further right would have put her head in the middle of the red area, which would have looked a bit weird.

Decay: nice shot, I really like the simplicity of the composition and getting the theme in as well has nailed it.

Crowd
You've done well to make the officers the main point of focus, it works.
Decay
Very nice Dave, it all fits in well together. I think you've positioned Lo just in the right place, any further right would have put her head in the middle of the red area, which would have looked a bit weird.
Decay: nice shot, I really like the simplicity of the composition and getting the theme in as well has nailed it.

Thank you both, it was fun doing the shoot and we are both looking forward to the out side one soon.

Clever clogs take on Decay :)

Nice Image Dave, made all the better with the decay word on the wall, some people have all the luck.....

Pete

Very creative indeed Dave!:clap:
Terrific image with great colours and the model's pose is spot on.
Very clever to incorporate the graffiti into the shot too....a perfect fit for the theme!
It has a real 'no nonsense' attitude about it....which can only be a good thing!

Very creative indeed Dave!:clap:
Terrific image with great colours and the model's pose is spot on.
Very clever to incorporate the graffiti into the shot too....a perfect fit for the theme!
It has a real 'no nonsense' attitude about it....which can only be a good thing!

Thank you Gareth, Io was really great fun to photography and she loves the images I sent her and we can`t wait till we do the out door shoot.

Great spot Dave, great image too, Lo looks very relaxed too and that comes across, nice work!

Oh how very convenient that was for decay, eh :)

Good spot there - I like this, and also the other images you took with the model. I may have tried to make the contrasting colours a bit more punchy against the model's clothes and path etc, but that's just a personal thing. Good pose and nicely taken.

Top stuff Dave

Oh how very convenient that was for decay, eh :)

Good spot there - I like this, and also the other images you took with the model. I may have tried to make the contrasting colours a bit more punchy against the model's clothes and path etc, but that's just a personal thing. Good pose and nicely taken.

Top stuff Dave

Thank you Ian.

Another Ronseal shoehorn shot, Dave. :giggle: It does what it says on the tin shutter. :giggle:

Nice portrait shot of the young lady. You've picked a nice spot and a good full-length pose shot.

Thank you Stan, it was only in the editing that I noticed the word decay in the graffiti. As today is a Free theme I hope to get a good shot of one of the vocalists too :D

I don’t think it’s a shoehorn at all, saw your pics earlier in the week you have done a good job with them well done Dave

Very nice shot for decay. Looks like an album cover :)

Cracking shot for your free week too Dave. Super sharp and I love the inverted image of the buildings in the glass.

Carlsberg - urgh - I had a can of that last weekend that wasn't cold and was served in a plastic "glass". Probably the worst beer I've tasted in a long time.

Nicely shot here though :)

Very nice shot for decay. Looks like an album cover :)

Cracking shot for your free week too Dave. Super sharp and I love the inverted image of the buildings in the glass.
Carlsberg - urgh - I had a can of that last weekend that wasn't cold and was served in a plastic "glass". Probably the worst beer I've tasted in a long time.

Nicely shot here though :)

Thank you both.

Hi Dave, Long time since I have managed any commenting, so just doing a quick catch up on the last few themes.

Above - Wow that's high. I like the straight up the middle position and it stands out well against the nice sky
Hot - Nice activity on the water so I guess it was hot but the sea is quite grey so it doesn't look very warm to me. Maybe if there had been some blue sky
Light - Bit of a shoehorn really but a great shot, captured the moment very well
Crowd - Well spotted, I think you caught them at just the right moment, so you get them almost full length with no one else in the way
Decay - Nicely done, good pose and position. I hope you didn't spray that on the wall just for the theme :p
Nice cold beer, I like the condensation and the reflection in the bottom

Hi Dave,

Above - I might have tried lifting the shadows a little to help with detail under the platform (I assume that's what it is).
Hot - (At least I assume it's hot as you've not labelled it in your thread). Not really feeling the love for this one. The forum has made a mess of the sharpness (it's better on flickr) and it's a heavy crop in with no stand out focal point. This isn't the usual D70D style.
Light - Back to the Dave we know and love :) Only thoughts on this would be to letterbox the crop to lose the heads? Dunno if it would work, but worth a try maybe (or maybe you've tried that kind of thing and find this more pleasing?)
Crowd - Brave of you, Coppers often don't like having their photos taken while on duty. Mind you, they aren't beating anyone up so probably happier ;) (I'm joking - it's not the 70's/80's anymore).
The use of their colourful jackets woks to bring the shot to life.
Decay - Nicely fortunate placement of the graffiti there :) You seem to be becoming the de-facto Brighton music scene tog :)
Free - Nicely done. I'm really surprised so much is in sharp focus at f/2 close up. Well played.

Hi Dave, Long time since I have managed any commenting, so just doing a quick catch up on the last few themes.

Above - Wow that's high. I like the straight up the middle position and it stands out well against the nice sky
Hot - Nice activity on the water so I guess it was hot but the sea is quite grey so it doesn't look very warm to me. Maybe if there had been some blue sky
Light - Bit of a shoehorn really but a great shot, captured the moment very well
Crowd - Well spotted, I think you caught them at just the right moment, so you get them almost full length with no one else in the way
Decay - Nicely done, good pose and position. I hope you didn't spray that on the wall just for the theme :p
Nice cold beer, I like the condensation and the reflection in the bottom

Thank you Georgina, I`d never do graffiti as I`m a Saint :D

Back