weekly DAVES 52 CHALLENGE 2019 WEEK 52 OUT TAKES & FINISHED

It's a lovely close up Dave.(y)
Very sharp and perfect catch light too.
I think I can see a reflection of you taking the photo....was that an intentional 'Easter egg'....'cause eggs are fragile too!!:giggle:

Thank you Gareth, yes I wanted the reflection in.

Hi Dave,

Whole - PABD perhaps, but nicely done. Only improvement I would suggest (you'll already have guessed) is to add/brighten some sort of shadow/reflection to avoid the floaty feel if possible.
Fragile - Nicely captured sharp portrait, with a bit of a selfie as an added bonus ;)

Hi Dave,

Whole - PABD perhaps, but nicely done. Only improvement I would suggest (you'll already have guessed) is to add/brighten some sort of shadow/reflection to avoid the floaty feel if possible.
Fragile - Nicely captured sharp portrait, with a bit of a selfie as an added bonus ;)

Thank you Tim.

Gabiontastic :)

Nice blue sea behind the gabions, good shot! Your weather looked significantly better than ours, three days if rain...

Good take on the theme, and nicely taken. like it!

Fab colours Dave!(y)
I love the composition, and were it not for Dave (@-Oy- ) saying what it is, I would never have known what these things are called!!
Glad you're feeling better too Dave!(y)

Thank you Gareth for the nice words, and it`s nice to start feeling better now.

the blue of the sea is lovely, you do have some strange things in Brighton what was that all about?

As the weather is still wet out it has to be an indoor shot for time. One of my many pocket watches and a radio time shot, taken with the X-H1 + XF35mm f2.
The pocket watch is on some perspex near the window for some light.

Double Time by Dave, on Flickr

Music Time by Dave, on Flickr

Both great shots Dave, I have a plan for my shot tomorrow, hopefully the weather will improve a bit!

Wow Dave!!
Your pocket watch image is stunning!!:clap:
And even though you nicked the idea off of me, I think yours is so much better!!:p
Your lighting is top notch....so subtle with the merest hints of highlights in all the right places!
Perfect exposure indeed, I'm very impressed!!
Your 'Music Time' image is excellent too, those reflections are superb!
Truly nice work Dave....and of course I'm joking about you nicking my idea!!:giggle:

Wow Dave!!
Your pocket watch image is stunning!!:clap:
And even though you nicked the idea off of me, I think yours is so much better!!:p
Your lighting is top notch....so subtle with the merest hints of highlights in all the right places!
Perfect exposure indeed, I'm very impressed!!
Your 'Music Time' image is excellent too, those reflections are superb!
Truly nice work Dave....and of course I'm joking about you nicking my idea!!:giggle:

Thank you Gareth for the nice words, I don`t mind that you used my idea and I forgive you :p

Pocket watch for me Dave, I like the lighting better you have used the light from the window very well indeed.

Two very well set up and taken TIME shots there Dave!

Hi Dave,

Squash(ed) - The center set of stones also looks like someone has sat on it and squashed it.
Loving the blues in the background too.

Time - Both excellent, I think you made the right choice for the main thread, with the pocket watch, but a close run thing.
Loving the blacks and the reflections. Mirror and a black mini studio?

Two very well set up and taken TIME shots there Dave!

Thanks Dave.

Hi Dave,

Squash(ed) - The center set of stones also looks like someone has sat on it and squashed it.

Time - Both excellent, I think you made the right choice for the main thread, with the pocket watch, but a close run thing.

Thank you Tim.

I like them both but I think the one you've chosen is the better for the theme. Great composition and really nicely processed with just the right exposure.

Hi Dave,

Forgot to say, it is two perspex mirror tiles just put on my oven top and moved the pocket watch till the light was right.

Squash(ed)
I think those baskets have seen better days.
Well spotted for the theme.

Time
The pocket watch looks great, a nice reflection and light.

Squashed does the job, ticks the boxes etc etc, but the time images are amazing. That pocket watch looks stunning. The perfect watch for the image taken. Love the colours of the face, the shadows around the image are incredible, as is the reflection. Superb

Oh, and the other radio one's ok too :)

Squashed does the job, ticks the boxes etc etc, but the time images are amazing. That pocket watch looks stunning. The perfect watch for the image taken. Love the colours of the face, the shadows around the image are incredible, as is the reflection. Superb

Oh, and the other radio one's ok too :)

Thank you Ian.

Hi Dave, here’s me running out of time ! Your Squashed is a great find. I really struggled with that theme ! Your photo of the pocket watch is great. I particularly like the reflection against the black background. I shall have to invest in some of these shiny things !

Back