weekly DAVES 52 CHALLENGE 2019 WEEK 52 OUT TAKES & FINISHED

Thats looser than a loose thing Dave ;) not much saying plastic but nice enough shots either way

Interior is a really nice image, I like the scale of it and there is plenty to draw the eye around it.

Plastic, i'll take that as a shoe-horn, both are good shots with your usual great PP work etc.

Interior is a really nice image, I like the scale of it and there is plenty to draw the eye around it.

Plastic, i'll take that as a shoe-horn, both are good shots with your usual great PP work etc.
Fantastic, sharp images there Dave!
#2 is my favourite - I think the reflections you captured in the lenses really make this image!
Nice work Dave!(y)

Thank you both.

Both fit the bill but the interior is more interesting.

Both fit well but it has to be number 2 for me.

As my other tablet is broke now I went to town to buy a Huawei MediaPad T5, took the little Fuji X-E3 + XF35mm f2. I thought Id go Red colour pop to get my Technique done for this month too, first is a glass building with some red and the second is St Nicholas Church.

Glass House by Dave, on Flickr

Red by Dave, on Flickr

If I have already done August technique, here is St Nicholas Church.

St Nicholas Church by Dave, on Flickr

Last edited:
You have already done your colour pop thingy Dave and to be honest it ruins these photos both fine for the theme but I don’t like the pop thing at all

Hi Dave,

Looks like quite a catch up from me is in order here... Here goes...

Building - I have to agree with @Allan.H, whilst you've achieved a colour pop on those buildings it is jarring. That said, the red door on the church is jarring even in the full colour photo. What on earth possessed them to do that (geddit). You did colour pop on week 30, the Free Week, it was the watch and worked so much better in that context.
Empty - Both work well, I think I prefer #2, for the colours involved.
Plastic - In your comfort zone with these 2 shots :) I think Emily is fractionally my preference, I think as there is less distraction in the background.
Interior - Quite a riot of colour going on in this one too. Could you have gotten a step to your left maybe?
Life - #2 for me. Nicely captured.
Free Week - As per above, this works really well with the colour pop technique. I think the re-edit for me.
Closed - He certainly seems engrossed in the music. I don't mind the high ISO look, noisy is better than blurred.
Wide - The mermaid for me. It reminds me of cosplay.
Dirty - Such a shame that it's just been abandoned like that. But perfect for the theme.
Drink - Using the 90 like that has certainly allowed you to completely loose the background. Nicely done.
Full - Abi is the shot of the 2. The flower seems oof to me

Nice pair of images there Dave!(y)
I like the geometry and lines of the building in #1, and #2 certainly has impact!
I agree with Tim, it seems an awfully bright colour for a church door, I do like the image however, it's nicely framed and with the natural framing of trees it seems a very peaceful image! (Except for the door!! ;))

Nice pair of images there Dave!(y)
I like the geometry and lines of the building in #1, and #2 certainly has impact!
I agree with Tim, it seems an awfully bright colour for a church door, I do like the image however, it's nicely framed and with the natural framing of trees it seems a very peaceful image! (Except for the door!! ;))

Thank you Gareth, I do agree on the church door bright colour IMO it`s horrible.

Nice shots there Dave, i prefer the first one, it suits the treatment and colour pop too. :)

Blimey someone wants a slap for that red door lol. Fits the theme well though :)

Can’t make my mind up Dave if I like the red door or not ? Perhaps a tighter crop or different angle ? But both are buildings and on theme, out of the two I still prefer the church

Building
I don't mind the colour pop in the first and out of the three shots, the first is the one. It's got some nice shapes and angles.

Back