weekly DAVES 52 CHALLENGE 2019 WEEK 52 OUT TAKES & FINISHED

Wow Dave! Stunning image, very well captured!
I love the blur in the wings...as a consequence of shooting 'wide open' naturally, but they could even imply a kind of 'motion blur' too....very clever!
Excellent image and spot on for the theme!(y)

Wow Dave! Stunning image, very well captured!
I love the blur in the wings...as a consequence of shooting 'wide open' naturally, but they could even imply a kind of 'motion blur' too....very clever!
Excellent image and spot on for the theme!(y)

Thank you Gareth, it actually took a few shots to get it right as wanted the wings just like that. Plus I think it looks better on Flickr.

A lovely object d'art you have there Dave.
Do you need as much empty space at the top? Did you try an equidistant crop top & bottom? I'd be interested to see any subtle change that would bring about.
I thought I had seen it before, I agree with Tim about the crop

Thank you Tim and Allan, next time I have a go at it I will try out different crops (y)

Superb image Dave. Would never have guessed it was a paperweight. Nice unusual image for the theme. well done.

Super shot Dave ....really unusual subject too ....I like that a a lot.

Thank you Susie, glad you like it.

Wow what an idea Dave ! To think it’s a paper weight. I have seen these and have one if Wembley but would never of thought of this

Thank you Chris.

Superb image Dave. Would never have guessed it was a paperweight. Nice unusual image for the theme. well done.

Thank you Mandy, it is not my best to date though on this shot.

Open
Nice and simple, I don't mind the crop.
I think you could have used a couple of different colours of light (some transparent coloured plastic in front of the light, something like quality street wrappers) to make it a bit more dynamic.

Open
Nice and simple, I don't mind the crop.
I think you could have used a couple of different colours of light (some transparent coloured plastic in front of the light, something like quality street wrappers) to make it a bit more dynamic.

Thank you Dominic, good idea about the wrappers.

Interesting subject, Dave, and the blurriness in the wings gives the impression of movement.

I need to come up with an idea for this one; drawn a blank so far :)

Thank you Andrea, it had to be this sort of shot as I know once I get right back in to my vocalists shots they may creep in a theme or two.

During the Distant WW1 the town of Brighton opened up the Royal Pavilion to treat the injured Indian soldiers. As with other members shots, the sky was crap today so if I end up doing a re shoot I might do this one as the sky was totally white today.

Distant Past by Dave, on Flickr

Yeah the sky looks a bit dull but certainly an interesting place to shoot. And with your explanation it fits the theme perfectly.

Thank you Bob, I tried to focus for the sky so gave up on that then just focused on the pavilion. At the moment I`m just reading up on how to change a sky in Affinity Photo :wideyed:

Lovely image Dave. Sky doesn't look bad and certainly looks better than the skies here. weather looking more promising at the beginning of the week so I'm planning an outside shot. looks as though you could get quite a few photos from different angles of the pavillion.

Lovely image Dave. Sky doesn't look bad and certainly looks better than the skies here. weather looking more promising at the beginning of the week so I'm planning an outside shot. looks as though you could get quite a few photos from different angles of the pavillion.

Thank you Mandy, I hope the weather will be nicer for you.

Nice shot, shame about the sky, though the whole image looks like it could do with another half stop.

Nice shot, shame about the sky, though the whole image looks like it could do with another half stop.

Thank you Jon, I was going to leave till Monday as sun was forecast but changed my mind so got it done today, might well re do it in the summer.

Nice image, just a little underexposed, but you know that :)

Hi Dave,

New - I really like this. The vocalist is well lit and she has a lot of passion for her singing. I understand that its meant to be a dark B&W but I feel I would like to see a bit more in the lower quarter though - especially of the double bass.
Clean - good take for the theme. The colours are nice but the highlights look like they could do with turning down a touch maybe. Nice :)
Open - A clever take on the theme. I like that there is just the Pegasus and the background- no other distractions. The shallow DoF has made it look like it has some movement to it too. Very nice!

Back