weekly DAVES 52 CHALLENGE 2019 WEEK 52 OUT TAKES & FINISHED

Hi Dave, here’s me running out of time ! Your Squashed is a great find. I really struggled with that theme ! Your photo of the pocket watch is great. I particularly like the reflection against the black background. I shall have to invest in some of these shiny things !

Thank you Chris.

Singer for me, the flower looks a bit blown out and not enough of it is in focus, sorry Dave

It's always tricky photographing flowers when it is sunny. I prefer a cloudyish day for that. But I like the singer!

Singer for me, the flower looks a bit blown out and not enough of it is in focus, sorry Dave

Thank you Allan, and no need to say sorry as I have to learn.

It's always tricky photographing flowers when it is sunny. I prefer a cloudyish day for that. But I like the singer!

Thank you Joan, must be the first time I struggled using the 90mm, but like you say a cloudy day would of been better for the rose shot.

Singer all the way. Flower is not quite there.

Both are good images Dave!(y)
I too prefer the singer...it has some real feeling to it, well shot indeed!
The flower is a little low on contrast I feel, but it's still a nice shot with some nice colours and BG blur.

Thank you Gareth for the nice words, imo the rose shot sucks :D

Singer for me too Dave - nice 'action' shot, with plenty of detail

Full
It's the singer for me. Although I'm a little disappointed that there wasn't a full frontal selfie :p

Singer for me also Dave for the same reasons mentioned above. I do quite like your watch and radio shots for time too, nicely lit and good backgrounds.
Singer for me too Dave - nice 'action' shot, with plenty of detail
Full
It's the singer for me. Although I'm a little disappointed that there wasn't a full frontal selfie :p

Thank you folks for the comments.
@Nostromo I was thinking about it, but did not want to upset @Cobra :D

After I get my shot for the theme today I will be having a break from my 52, as my health issues are not great and the humidity does not help but after today I hope to be back in a few weeks.

Sorry to hear that Dave. Hope you feel better soon mate.(y)

Uh oh the dreaded blue label.

Nice pic of it :D

Very nice, sharp closeup Dave with excellent colours and superb background blur....really isolates the subject well.(y)
I hope you start to feel better soon Dave, best wishes to you mate!:)

Thanks Gareth for the comments. The rehab is a Gym so I hope to back to a good fitness but have to wait to start in a couple of weeks.

Not sure on the bottle shot but as you have a lot going on will leave it at that, speedy recovery Dave (y)

Bit of an iconic structure must be very rusty and dirty by now to be honest surprised it’s still standing

Nice one - I bet there's some bird poop to add to the muckiness :)

Nice one - I bet there's some bird poop to add to the muckiness :)
Drink, great isolation of the bottle at f2, would love a lens like that!
Dirty, certainly fitting for the theme.
DIRTY: great shot there. I like the way it's just sitting there in the middle of the buoys.
Great image Dave!
Love the simple composition, colours and crisp details.
Good luck in the gym mate!(y)
Simple and theme fitting.

Thank you folks.

Back