weekly DAVES 52 CHALLENGE 2019 WEEK 52 OUT TAKES & FINISHED

Hi Dave

Nice Image Dave, It looks like its not horizontal, but it is, It must be that the right of centre has more metal than the left, upsetting the balance of the Image a bit. I think you should take your angel grinder out there and sort it out.;)

Pete

Hi Dave

Nice Image Dave, It looks like its not horizontal, but it is, It must be that the right of centre has more metal than the left, upsetting the balance of the Image a bit. I think you should take your angel grinder out there and sort it out.;)

Pete

Thanks Pete, yes the angle can throw it off to the point where you think it`s not level.

Hi Dave,
I'm liking your shot for squashed. I was down there not so long ago and was pleasantly surprised what had been done to the place. Good shot and great for the theme :)
Both shots for time are excellent. I think I prefer the watch though as the colours and the watch itself are lovely.
Great shot of the singer for Full. That's a clever interpretation of the theme.
The shot for drink is a definite fit! I too like the narrow depth of field - it really focusses me onto the bottle.
Another good interpretation of the theme. Such a shame it ended up as an empty shell like that.

I like the way you've taken the Drink image, very nice, crisp and great colours. Dirty is also nice, interesting to see the decaying structure.

Hi Dave,
I'm liking your shot for squashed. I was down there not so long ago and was pleasantly surprised what had been done to the place. Good shot and great for the theme :)
Both shots for time are excellent. I think I prefer the watch though as the colours and the watch itself are lovely.
Great shot of the singer for Full. That's a clever interpretation of the theme.
The shot for drink is a definite fit! I too like the narrow depth of field - it really focusses me onto the bottle.
Another good interpretation of the theme. Such a shame it ended up as an empty shell like that.
I like the way you've taken the Drink image, very nice, crisp and great colours. Dirty is also nice, interesting to see the decaying structure.

Sorry for the late reply folks, been so busy with my music gigs now I`m getting out, and thank you.

Have been so busy getting out for the gigs, yesterday was the March of the Mermaids in town so took this X-T3 + XF50-140mm as think it`s a wide smile.

March of the Mermaids by Dave, on Flickr

Or Tess with arms wide open, taken with the GRII.

The Lift by Dave, on Flickr

Last edited:
The second one for me too Dave. Great candid shot with lots of movement. I like the way you've captured just enough of the chaps face to see his great expression - smiles all round :)

Both images are really noice for wide but it has to be number 1 for me. I think i'd have preferred the second if you could see more on the man's face (that's not to say it isn't a really good candid shot though). Both really good images (as usual from you Dave)

Both images are really noice for wide but it has to be number 1 for me. I think i'd have preferred the second if you could see more on the man's face (that's not to say it isn't a really good candid shot though). Both really good images (as usual from you Dave)

Thank you Jim for the nice words.

Love the second shot Dave, great capture, lovely colours and processing :)

Have been so busy with the gym and band/vocalist photos the last week or so. This is my take on theme, not fantastic but he has his eyes closed noisy as had the X-H1 on auto iso so it shot at 3200 lens was the XF16-55mm.

In the zone by Dave, on Flickr

Last edited:
Nice shot - and a classic example of mixed colour temperatures from mixed light sources :D

yep .... nailed it, great composition, really well handled light etc. The bar is high.

That's a great shot Dave!:clap:
The variations in light really works very well indeed, and you've captured a terrific moment.
If I may be so bold, the light perfectly juxtaposes with the cool, warmth of Jazz!
Or maybe I'm being overly artsy.... perhaps I should cut down on the use of the word 'juxtapose'!:D

I think thats an excellent interpretation of the theme, well spotted indeed Dave (y)
Nice shot - and a classic example of mixed colour temperatures from mixed light sources :D
yep .... nailed it, great composition, really well handled light etc. The bar is high.
That's a great shot Dave!:clap:
The variations in light really works very well indeed, and you've captured a terrific moment.
If I may be so bold, the light perfectly juxtaposes with the cool, warmth of Jazz!
Or maybe I'm being overly artsy.... perhaps I should cut down on the use of the word 'juxtapose'!:D

Thank you very much folks for the great comments, lighting was terrible as had sun coming through about five different windows and the main door then the lighting in the bar did not help much either.

Nice shot Dave, I like the colours in that and an interesting background too :)

I did do a shot yesterday of Steve`s electric guitar for colour pop, but his face was red as well. So just taken this now ( don`t worry about the date on the watch it`s a PITA to set ). Snappers choice and my Technique for this month and taken with my little Sony RX100 Mk 3

Colour Pop by Dave, on Flickr

Last edited:
Hi Dave,

Really liking the bass player. That's a great shot that has really captured the spirit of the chap playing and being swept away by the music.
You shot for this week is very nice too. The RX looks to be a good, sharp compact camera. Lots of nice detail and I like the low key look.

Picking out those small red marks must have been a pain but it works well, small bits of crit it seems to be leaning slightly to the right and maybe a bit closer with the crop make the face a bit more of a feature

Hi Dave,

Really liking the bass player. That's a great shot that has really captured the spirit of the chap playing and being swept away by the music.
You shot for this week is very nice too. The RX looks to be a good, sharp compact camera. Lots of nice detail and I like the low key look.

Thank you Lee.

Picking out those small red marks must have been a pain but it works well, small bits of crit it seems to be leaning slightly to the right and maybe a bit closer with the crop make the face a bit more of a feature

Thanks Allan, here is another shot.

Red by Dave, on Flickr

Fab clock!

Snappers choice is really nice, great simplicity and the colour pop works very well.

Fantastic work Dave!:clap:
That is a brochure-ready image!
Love the use of colour pop too, a very good choice of subject for it!
The second version is a belter too, works well as a tight crop!
Very nice watch too!
Fab clock!
FREE - great idea for a color pop, I prefer the tighter crop on this one.
Snappers choice is really nice, great simplicity and the colour pop works very well.

Thank you folks for the comments.

Back