weekly DAVES 52 CHALLENGE 2019 WEEK 52 OUT TAKES & FINISHED

Like it, great shot

I like the colours, possible a slightly larger dof to get more of the bristles in focus? Nice image overall though.

I like that, Dave. Shallow DOF with the mystery feel of it. The brush itself looks a bit blown and seems lacking details. As for the composition not sure others would be better!
A great idea for the theme though.

Thank you Stan, on this actual shot for the theme I was just trying out a Sooc shot.

Reactions: rpn
Sorry Dave, this one's not for me.
I get what you're doing, but I think I'd want more in focus.

I'm intrigued that you went with ISO500. Surely with flash you should have been down at the base ISO.
The 350F is capable of putting out plenty of light (I used one for about 6 months as my main flash at Cons, stuffed inside a small softbox!)

I quite like this - there's something retro looking about it to me. Nice image

Sorry Dave, this one's not for me.
I get what you're doing, but I think I'd want more in focus.

I'm intrigued that you went with ISO500. Surely with flash you should have been down at the base ISO.
The 350F is capable of putting out plenty of light (I used one for about 6 months as my main flash at Cons, stuffed inside a small softbox!)

Thank you Tim, I tried the on camera flash this time, but see what you mean.

That’s an eye catching shot Dave, I like the deep black background it makes the brush really stand out, nice use of dof too.

Thank you Susie.

Great contrast and colour.
I like the shallow depth of field too.
Nicely done Dave(y)

Thank you Gareth.

Clean
Looking good Dave. I like the dof, the colours and light. Composition wise, I think you could have put the brush on a slight angle.

Looks good Dave, a clever interpretation of the theme and I don't find the highlights on the brass distracting myself

Thank you Carl.

Clean
Looking good Dave. I like the dof, the colours and light. Composition wise, I think you could have put the brush on a slight angle.

Thank you Dominic, I do actually agree as imo it would of been better at a slight angle.

Good luck with your 2019 challenge, I hope you enjoy it and get the best out your camera and have plenty of fun along the way.

New - great shot to start your challenge off with, composition is good and great emotion coming from Abi as shes sings.
Clean - looks like we have had the same idea for the theme, I dont have an issue with the highlights either, I might have been tempted to have a smidge less space on the right hand side of the image.

Hi Dave, good idea for the second theme and you were quick off the mark! I have something similar-ish in mind for mine but I need some peace and quiet to try it :)

I like the idea and the way the handle of the brush is fading out of focus. The white of the bristles looks slightly over-exposed and I might have positioned the brush on a diagonal rather than head on, but that's just personal choice and this works well to convey the theme (y)

Good luck with your 2019 challenge, I hope you enjoy it and get the best out your camera and have plenty of fun along the way.

New - great shot to start your challenge off with, composition is good and great emotion coming from Abi as shes sings.
Clean - looks like we have had the same idea for the theme, I dont have an issue with the highlights either, I might have been tempted to have a smidge less space on the right hand side of the image.

Thank you Mandy.

Hi Dave, good idea for the second theme and you were quick off the mark! I have something similar-ish in mind for mine but I need some peace and quiet to try it :)

I like the idea and the way the handle of the brush is fading out of focus. The white of the bristles looks slightly over-exposed and I might have positioned the brush on a diagonal rather than head on, but that's just personal choice and this works well to convey the theme (y)

Thank you Andrea.

New is perhaps a tad of a shoehorn, but it's a great shot nonetheless. Mono makes it pop. Very nicely done.
Clean is a great idea, and I like the composition but wonder if it would look better with a square crop? I like the bright brassy bit.

New is perhaps a tad of a shoehorn, but it's a great shot nonetheless. Mono makes it pop. Very nicely done.
Clean is a great idea, and I like the composition but wonder if it would look better with a square crop? I like the bright brassy bit.

Thank you Jon, and for the crop advice.

Nice shot for clean, I like the shallow DOF on the shot and the choice of black background. I do find the brass bit slightly to bright for the image but is seems to have split opinion so really just your choice of what you like.

Nice image of the singer Dave you have caught the moment, so well done there, as a matter of taste I would have cropped the top it doesn’t need that dead space,

Not sure on the sensor brush it’s lacking in detail but a good idea to use the brush

Nice image of the singer Dave you have caught the moment, so well done there, as a matter of taste I would have cropped the top it doesn’t need that dead space,

Not sure on the sensor brush it’s lacking in detail but a good idea to use the brush

Thank you Allan, I did think to crop down but then thought it would ruin the shot, taking off the top of the bass but having another look now I think a tighter crop would of been better.

Thank you Allan, I did think to crop down but then thought it would ruin the shot, taking off the top of the bass but having another look now I think a tighter crop would of been better.
I would leave the top of the bass in just take the lamp out top left

Yes! Love the new shot Jazzy Dave. Keep the music shots coming, I love seeing them.

Clean could have maybe a tad more DoF for my liking but you've controlled the highlights in the metal well.

Thank you Ross, would of had my Open shot last night but far to cold to go out so I`m keeping an eye on the weather for tomorrow.

Hi Dave, late with my comments (as usual:rolleyes:) I know you were trying the sooc and I like the bg and the dof but as others have already mentioned I think an angle might have been better and I would have dropped the highlights mainly on the bristles as it seems to have lost some of the details.

Hi Dave, late with my comments (as usual:rolleyes:) I know you were trying the sooc and I like the bg and the dof but as others have already mentioned I think an angle might have been better and I would have dropped the highlights mainly on the bristles as it seems to have lost some of the details.

Thank you Georgina, I do wish I`d opened up the aperture a bit more now.

Great concept, looks fantastic.

Back